Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stage door?  (Read 16732 times)
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 05:39PM »

I think it varies w the venue and where they have to be next. W radio city the guard inside told us to go through a side door to the outside infront of stage door!  My uncle picked us up there but my uncle made us leave early (this time I will stand there since I know now!) I would say before hand but I am not sure how early the girls get there etc! And w Cleveland I went to stage door w my friend and patty and her husband! We waited a while but sarah and edel came out fast and then I asked Naomi and she said they will be out! It was cold to! First Mairead and told her awesome job and then other crew were trickling out and then Dermot and Chloe came out and she said hi w a huge smile but she was in a rush and even locked Dermot out of the bus!! And then Susan came and I told her that I hope they got there pressies and she talked for a minute! Then Lisa came out and was going to go on the bus and I was like before we go can we get a picture? She was more than willing and I have it framed on my desk! And thank you to patty's husband for taking a great photo! But I think each venue sis different and if they have to travel far through the night for the next day they will be more rushed!  And yes, even my friend had commented about the guard by the bus photo bombing me and Lisa!!! He kept an eye to make sure none of us caused any trouble :p And I have waited after for other shows and have met some people and some don't come out or go through the front! And FYI for anyone going to any type of show the main people wait a while and are the last ones to come out! I even told that Wink

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
LisaKellyManiac

Proud sufferer of OCCWD, OCLK, and HWD <3

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 12:18PM »

Yeah whenever I stage door musicals and stuff the main people usually come out last as well. Hoping and praying it will work! I'll definitely go to the stage door when I see the show and I'll post what happens then Smiley
I feel really sad about what the M&G's have become...they really seem like they're not worth the extra hundreds of dollars Sad

Hayley's grace   &
Lisa K.'s power  &
Celtic Woman's beauty and magic

<3 <3 <3
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 03:56PM »

I think it varies w the venue and where they have to be next. W radio city the guard inside told us to go through a side door to the outside infront of stage door!  My uncle picked us up there but my uncle made us leave early (this time I will stand there since I know now!) I would say before hand but I am not sure how early the girls get there etc! And w Cleveland I went to stage door w my friend and patty and her husband! We waited a while but sarah and edel came out fast and then I asked Naomi and she said they will be out! It was cold to! First Mairead and told her awesome job and then other crew were trickling out and then Dermot and Chloe came out and she said hi w a huge smile but she was in a rush and even locked Dermot out of the bus!! And then Susan came and I told her that I hope they got there pressies and she talked for a minute! Then Lisa came out and was going to go on the bus and I was like before we go can we get a picture? She was more than willing and I have it framed on my desk! And thank you to patty's husband for taking a great photo! But I think each venue sis different and if they have to travel far through the night for the next day they will be more rushed!  And yes, even my friend had commented about the guard by the bus photo bombing me and Lisa!!! He kept an eye to make sure none of us caused any trouble :p And I have waited after for other shows and have met some people and some don't come out or go through the front! And FYI for anyone going to any type of show the main people wait a while and are the last ones to come out! I even told that Wink

Where is the rchm stage door?

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 05:19PM »

that is on 17th. ave. If you are in radio city on the left side go out the side doors if you make a right you will see the buses. We went but couldn't wait any longer and had to go! But I know where it is now and it is pretty much the next big street over!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 05:25PM »

I think it varies w the venue and where they have to be next. W radio city the guard inside told us to go through a side door to the outside infront of stage door!  My uncle picked us up there but my uncle made us leave early (this time I will stand there since I know now!) I would say before hand but I am not sure how early the girls get there etc! And w Cleveland I went to stage door w my friend and patty and her husband! We waited a while but sarah and edel came out fast and then I asked Naomi and she said they will be out! It was cold to! First Mairead and told her awesome job and then other crew were trickling out and then Dermot and Chloe came out and she said hi w a huge smile but she was in a rush and even locked Dermot out of the bus!! And then Susan came and I told her that I hope they got there pressies and she talked for a minute! Then Lisa came out and was going to go on the bus and I was like before we go can we get a picture? She was more than willing and I have it framed on my desk! And thank you to patty's husband for taking a great photo! But I think each venue sis different and if they have to travel far through the night for the next day they will be more rushed!  And yes, even my friend had commented about the guard by the bus photo bombing me and Lisa!!! He kept an eye to make sure none of us caused any trouble :p And I have waited after for other shows and have met some people and some don't come out or go through the front! And FYI for anyone going to any type of show the main people wait a while and are the last ones to come out! I even told that Wink

There are two stage doors but I met the girls at the one who is on W 51st St Smiley (I have done a quick research on Google maps, sorry if I don't correctly write the name of the street, I'm used to the french' street.)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 05:27PM by Dinozzzo » Logged

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2014, 05:43PM »

Thanks. You got the street name right diNozzzo

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2014, 01:03AM »

Ah yes! Sorry 51st, the one  u showed me! , it's been awhile! That's where everyone waited even Chloe's sister so I assume that's the right one!

Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 02:34AM »

Yeah whenever I stage door musicals and stuff the main people usually come out last as well. Hoping and praying it will work! I'll definitely go to the stage door when I see the show and I'll post what happens then Smiley
I feel really sad about what the M&G's have become...they really seem like they're not worth the extra hundreds of dollars Sad
How long will it be before the PBS stations that have been profiteering on M&G passes start hiring security to wall off the stage door.  PBS already seems to be playing dog-in-the-manger with the broadcast rights.  Celtic Woman CDs debut at number one on the World Music chart and go multi-platinum, but you never hear CW on the radio.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2014, 03:11AM »

m
Yeah whenever I stage door musicals and stuff the main people usually come out last as well. Hoping Anddid praying it will work! I'll definitely go to the stage door when I see the show and I'll post what happens15  then Smiley

so true! But security from what it seems varies from venue to venue and whoever is on duty that night and venue/ city rule vary as well. But w cle and radio city I didn't have an issue as long as you didn't do zgraanything crazy and w roping off etc! Just the m&g they were very cautious w tickets etc! They are quite guarded! Oh and I would love for there's sic to be on the radio! Better than some of the stuff out now! Even thought  I am not sure if the girls would want that or not for certain reasons it would be great though!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 03:15AM by barb kantartzis » Logged

CWazy girl

I'm the biggest CWazy you'll ever meet!!

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 02:30PM »

How do you know where the stage door is and what if you're too afraid to ask someone because you might not be allowed?

With love,

Chaela <3

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 03:43PM »

Based on past experience the stage door is behind the venue or on a side street. What I do is look for the buses. Security really depends on the venue. Sometimes security asks you to move on or wait somewhere else

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2014, 09:52AM »

At some of my shows there has been no security and I was able to get close to the buses.  I actually met Ray for the first time when there was security to keep fans away from the buses and he walked down to meet some fans on the other side of the "do not cross" barrier.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2014, 10:30PM »

In Rochester last year, there was some fairly serious security and blockades set up. By contrast, at Williamsport a couple of weeks ago, the buses were parked on the street right outside the hotel, and Susan walked right by me to the bus, with nobody around but regular folks on the sidewalk. Unless the security people disguised themselves as fans.   Grin

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2014, 08:53AM »

It was like that at Tulsa this year (like Williamsport).  In fact that is where my avatar on the Mairead Carlin Fan Forum was taken.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: