Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emerald Tour Shines at Nashville Opening 2/14-15, 2014  (Read 16278 times)
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« on: February 17, 2014, 04:44PM »

The 2014 U.S. Spring tour of Celtic Woman got underway with the opening performances of the new Emerald tour in the Andrew Jackson theatre at Nashville’s Theatre for the Performing (TPAC) Arts on February 14 and 15, 2014 to near sell-out audiences. The new show contains many surprises, primarily with the reintroduction of new arrangements of songs from earlier shows long past (e.g. SDS, New Grange, Si Do Mhaimeo).   

To the audience, the absence of Chloe Agnew from the lineup for the first time was probably the most evident change. Avid Celtic Woman fans have known of the change since the initial announcement in August 2013, but the extent to which the PBS stations, in this instance Nashville’s NPT, told their audiences of her absence, I don’t know. Being the crowd favorite that she always was, she was surely missed by many expecting to see her this tour.

What they would instead have seen, is a raven-haired beauty by the name of Mairead Carlin! From her confidence and demeanor, they might not have recognized her as a new-comer. She’s a newcomer to the group, though obviously not to performing.

For these Nashville shows, we considered long-time forum member and administrator of the Lisa Kelly Fan forum Jim Allen to be our host.  A Nashville native, he had joined Mike Brown in pledging for the tickets which enabled most of our forum members to sit as a group on the front row.  This night we would be joined by former CW hairdresser from last tour Michael Elder and Ken , who shepherded us through the M&Gs last year.  Jim had gotten a reservation for a pre-show dinner at Puckett’s at which 13 had been able to join.  Staff there made a much-appreciated effort to get us served in time for us to make the M&G.

A Meet & Greet was held on Feb. 14, but not the following night. There was a full complement of approx. 12-15 couples.  Photos with the girls would be taken by NPT for the hallway M&G.  The M&G got a late start, at @ 7:00 p.m. for a 7:30 show-time!  We learned that rehearsals had taken longer than expected.  This meant it would be rushed. Daniel Cobble and I were about in the middle of the group.  I was hampered with juggling the gifts I had for the girls and forum buttons for Susan McFadden and Mairead Carlin made by GlenS, administrator of the new fan forums and umbrellas, which had proven quite necessary on the way to the venue.  

The girls were delightfully gracious, as always.  After hugs all around, I gave Susan and Mairead C the new forum buttons and gift bags to them all. I had had two previous M&Gs with Mairead C during the Christmas Tour and so was not in need of introduction. We posed for the NPT photo, which I will add to the review when it is received, and a couple of candid shots Daniel took with my camera.  I told the girls I would be at tomorrow night’s performance on the front row as well.  

As I left the M&G, I saw Mike (Mr. Peabody) with bouquets of flowers to be presented, with the aid of Mark S, at the end of the line. I knew they would be rushed and wondered if they would get to present them at all.  They did, thanks to the intervention of Mairead N, who insisted on the time for a photograph with the flowers.

The front row was made up primarily of fan forum members, all eager to welcome cast and crew on this first show of the tour.  I had distributed buttons for the new Mairead Carlin and Susan McFadden  fan forums, but these were quickly exhausted. Had I heard the news earlier that Lynn Hilary would be back for part of the tour, I would have brought her buttons for distribution as well, as I served for a time as forum administrator and global moderator for her fan forum.

The stage curtains were down, shielding the new set from our view until opening to reveal a completely new set.  The rather steep stairway has been replaced by a smaller one with fewer steps and less of an incline.  Bass player Eoghan O’Neill has moved to the side of drummer Ray Feen from his customary position with the rest of the instrumentalists.  I hope this wasn’t meant as a promotion in lieu of a raise in salary.  Tongue

Not surprisingly,  the show opens with haunting stains from the fiddle of beautiful Mairead Nesbitt. Surprisingly, the song is Sky, Dawn & Sun, the song written by musical director David Downes which opened A New Journey!  I consider it to be perhaps the best Celtic Woman song ever and was glad to see its return. Gone was the fog machine which sometimes totally enveloped us on the front rows.  Mairead Carlin sang the part sung previously by Chloe. I noted her voice was very strong, not tentative at all.

The girls wore beautiful gowns of different colors, the first of several each wore during the show. I’ll leave it to others more conversant in the language of fashion to describe them, other than to say they were all colors in the visible light portion of the electromagnetic spectrum.  Cheesy

Programs were not available for these shows, perhaps due to the need to add Lynn Hilary portions, but were told they should be available in shows next week.  That makes it difficult to write a review covering all the songs and their order.  However, Celtic Woman fans, would recognize the songs with but few exceptions. The new material is highly entertaining!

Gorgeous Lisa Lambe, in a beautiful flowing gown, sings Dulamon, flanked by percussionists Ray Feen and Andy Reilly. A talented new choir member, Nick, played the spoons. We later learn he is also quite the dancer in his escapades with Craig Ashurst.  The music transitions into the surprising reintroduction of an old favorite, New Grange, this time with beautiful Mairead Carlin singing the song we loved so from Orla Fallon, both on the DVDs and on tour. She does a great job with it.  Strong accompaniment comes from a four-member choir.  This year Sarah, Edel and Craig are joined by new member Nicholas.

The Butterfly, that fantastic anthem from fabulous Mairead Nesbitt, barefoot, follows.  It is a new arrangement, Mairead changing the timing of several phrases and the addition of solos from the other instrumentalists, reminiscent of The Last Rose reprise in previous shows.  How could a Nashville Music City audience not love this?  They did.

The lights go down as piper par excellence Tommy Martin plays The New Ground, drawing much applause as it winds down. However, instead of morphing into The Isle of Hope, it morphs into Orinoco Flow—not the original arrangement, but the later arrangement containing vocal ad libs from the soloists.  Mairead C shows that she can do it with the best of them!  

As the others exit the stage, beautiful Susan McFadden takes a seat by Brian at the piano and introduces The Moon’s a Harsh Mistress by Jim Webb. I had forgotten that it was his song.  More of a ballad version this, than the more stage-like version from Lisa Kelly, though many of us would love to hear Lisa sing it once more for old time’s sake.  Great job by Susan, who shows us she is quite at home at piano-side numbers.

Out of dimmed lights comes the strains of bagpipes in what we recognize as Amazing Grace!  We search for Anthony Byrne and find him as a spotlight illuminates him on the piano side. The rousing number that it always is, especially the final bars where Anthony is joined by piper Tommy Martin, now standing.  It doesn’t get any better than this!

The next song is surprising Si Do Mhaimeo, a former lead Meav number, now the lead taken by Mairead Carlin. The choir role in this one has been enhanced both vocally and visually with finely performed choreography from the choir.

Next is a new number which keeps the audience guessing what is going to happen: a dancing duel of sorts between Craig and new choir member Nicholas, whom we learn through this song, can really dance.  The two of them together are quite spectacular! They are soon joined by Anthony, Ray and Andy who set up on boxes behind them. Not a lyric in the song, but they are not needed as we watch talented dancers and percussionists at work—or play perhaps more accurately!

The sound of “Da, da la deeda” being sung is followed by a spotlight on delightful Lisa Lambe in the piano-side wing.  It’s Teir Abhaile Riu (TAR)!  There would have been many disappointed people if this song from Believe had been omitted. Fans now vie for the seat on the aisle for possible selection for “Lambe’s Navy”, which those in whose lap Lisa chooses to sit are now dubbed—quite a thrill and honor!  At dinner Gerald H had remarked how he hoped to join we members of that illustrious club with his aisle seat---and he WAS!  He will never be the same!  Meanwhile, we on the right side were watching for Mairead C in her first appearance in the role of the voice of reason and opposition to Lisa’s proposed dally with the sailors of Galway that night.  She did it beautifully, stopping at the front to seek commiseration from a lady on the aisle seat of the second row.  She might have gotten more demonstrative commiseration from those of us who knew what was going on---such as ME!  LOL!  Maybe some other time.  Cry

This song enables the girls to show off their acting talents, which are considerable and definitely include  Mairead C, whose facial expressions were fabulously done with the display of much subtlety. I hope those further out in the audience can detect them, which I believe they will be able to do. TAR is and will continue to be a highlight of the show.  As such, it made a highly upbeat ending to the first half, following which the announce of intermission came.

The second half began with a new song: I Know My Love, which lovely Mairead Carlin sings as a solo number. It gives the audience a great view of Celtic Woman’s newest soloist, a treat for the eye as well as the ear in her beautiful second act blue dress.  We forum fans will not allow this to pass without a standing ovation!

Bridge Over Troubled Water by gorgeous Lisa Lambe is great for the introduction she gives us to it, as much as for the song itself. It will be interesting to see how it will be done in her absence, presumably by Lynn Hilary, who no doubt will add her own touches to it.

Susan McFadden begins a song we quickly recognize as The Call, in a different arrangement primarily as a solo number. As the lyrics suggest, sometimes The Call comes in various ways and means! It is far too good a number from Mr. Downes not to be included in the show.  Susan is well-cast, both auditorily and visually to sing this one!

A clever and entertaining introduction of Nil Se’ N La’ is provided with the percussionists, including Anthony, and the choir doing their own thing until the unamused soloists enter to scold them before launching into the song.  The soloists may be unamused, but not the audience, which revels in their off-stage antics. The Ceili-type dresses have now been adorned with green sashes.  It is a highlight number much too good not to have been included in the show!

If you think the show then goes into lower gear after that highly-energetic number, it’s only an illusion as the follow-up song was Mairead N’s Granuaile’s Dance-which as we know, morphs into an all-out hoedown—and which we know cannot go unappreciated in Nashville!  We jump to our feet for an ovation after that one!

The ageless Danny Boy is next—the audience of course expects and must have this one—which is here in a different arrangement, but still with beautiful girls in a beautiful arrangement featuring beautiful vocal harmonies.  It always brings tears to many in the audience. The song means so much to so many in terms of individual memories with loved ones, it ought never be omitted from a Celtic Woman show.

Loud drum beats and choir harmony signify the start of Mo Ghile Mear, which no Celtic Woman concert would be complete without and which never fails to include someone being jarred awake somewhere in the audience.  No sympathy from us, as they ought not miss this one!  

Mairead’s fiddle begins the familiar intro to You Raise Me Up—one which if omitted would probably be accompanied by requests for admission refunds. The audience sings along more in this one than in any other. It is a signature song of the group and is always sung as if it is sincerely meant. We mean it too.

After this moving piece, Lisa asks if we’d like another?  Need she ask?  The song is The Parting Glass, as fine a parting song as ever there was. No confetti cannons in Nashville. They aren’t needed. The bagpipe and vocal ending are as much a climax as could ever be needed to end a show.

The bagpipes don’t end with The Parting Glass. Instead, they herald a lively encore featuring solos by the instrumentalists as Mairead N, bow raised, enthusiastically introduces each to audience applause. They are joined by dancers Craig and Nick.  This morphs into a reprise of The Call in which all get to take a bow to thunderous applause from a unanimously standing house.  The curtains go down one final time on a contented audience.

We fans happily disperse after talking among ourselves about the marvels we have just witnessed.  There will be no attempt to glimpse them at the buses tonight, as there is howling wind, cold and rain on the outside this night. Our umbrellas are turned inside out by the wind.  I would expect this in Cleveland, but not Nashville.

Night Two of Nashville Tour opener

The next day we attend to such sightseeing and preparations for the evening show as we can on a very cold Nashville winter day. Some fans brave the cold for some sight-seeing.  It is the afternoon in the warmer part of the day when Daniel and I venture out. We photograph such sights as are within walking distance of our hotel. We particularly want to get shots of the marquee showing Celtic Woman in appearance. That done, as we head back we see Susan heading up the street, probably to sound check we figure.  We snap a quick picture, but apparently she doesn’t  see the two of us and is busy, so we wouldn’t attempt to detain her with chit-chat anyway.  

Another forum dinner at Puckett’s and everyone is there.  Gerald is still reveling in his induction last evening into the Lambe Navy. He tries to be nonchalant about it, except for barking an occasional, “Heave to, you swabbies!”.  Tongue

The main topic is when and why will Lisa be leaving, whether there’s a chance she might not return to Celtic Woman. Too depressing to dwell on for some of us. Wondering if Lynn Hilary will be there again tonight, as she was sighted back stage last night.  Eric and I debate whether the best race horses are from Florida or Kentucky.  He has the front row left aisle seat tonight and he hopes to join me as a repeat Lisa-vistee during TAR.  He will not be disappointed with what transpires tonight during the number… Wink

We afterward all head to TPAC, as we are not quite sure whether there is a second M&G tonight, though we don’t have tickets.  Those who had asked at pledge time were told there was not and upon arriving at the venue, learned that there was not one this night. We don’t see Dustin Derossett, tonight at the concession stand, but see Mitch, who has told us he is just with the group for those shows.  He has a full beard, which does not enable him to escape our detection!  Cheesy

We have nearly the same seats as on opening night. To my right on the end of the front row were former Celtic Woman hairdresser Michael Elder, tonight with his guest Megan. I learn that both of them are from Kentucky, as am I. I mention the upcoming show at EKU in March.  Megan is an alum of that college, but doesn’t know if they will go yet.  They are both mad about Lisa Lambe, whom they rave about. Preaching to the choir with us, they are for sure!  Smiley

I will not repeat the show and number descriptions, other than to say I couldn’t detect any differences myself.  Certainly if there were errors, they were not obvious ones.

During TAR, Lisa grabbed Eric’s cap and donned it, then sat occupying the laps of Dwight B and Jeremy H.  Meanwhile, Mairead C came down the front row on the other side (passing me up—wah!) and bringing Jim A up for a quick dance. He loved it, of course!  She and Lisa then quickly returned to the stage where Susan intervened in their dispute with her own marvelous gestures and singing.  I predict they’ll continue to come up with entertaining ad libs in that marvelous number!

In Ray’s bodhrain number, the crowd this night was even more responsive.  They really got a kick out of his antics and readily responded to his sectional audience solicitations.

The crowd was at least as responsive, if not more so, than the previous night. The whole crowd was standing at the end, certainly having been blessed by what they had experienced this second night of the Emerald Tour in Nashville!

After the show, a fan asked me to help him get a gift to the girls. I took him to an usher to perhaps have the items run back stage. No, they couldn’t leave their posts.  The curtains were closed so we couldn’t approach the stage crew.  Looking around, we saw David Downes at the sound booth! I took Bill up to him with the gifts.  David graciously took the time to talk to us, asking us about the show and agreed to take the gift package back to the girls!  David recalled seeing me on prior occasions but didn’t recall my name, which was more than I expected anyway.  Smiley  It was a great thrill for me personally to have one of the rare occasions to speak with David, whom as we know, doesn’t accompany the tour to that many shows each year.  My other highlight was Cindy H telling me that Lisa Kelly since leaving has occasionally asked about me!

Those of us who braved the below-freezing cold after the show to await a glimpse and perhaps a word of the entertainers after the show were rewarded.  Mitch came by with a cart of soft drinks and gave us each one. I think it was Emily,  or maybe Patricia who asked if he had hot chocolate—nope!

I exchanged a word with Tommy Martin as he came out, as we did with Ewan and Andy. I got a high handshake from Ray, which we had perfected earlier in Atlanta as he came out. Ray spent several minutes talking with all the fans, as did Lisa and Mairead N, giving freely of their time to speak with us.  Sarah did likewise.  Lisa and I grasped hands as she left to board the van, “Bye John” she bade me.  I got a hug from Mairead N who thanked me for the rosin gift I had given her at the M&G the previous night.

A humorous exchange occurred when Jeremy asked Mairead N to say hello for him to Mairead C, who was already in the van.  Mairead feined offense before breaking into a laugh!  As the harried security people tried to get them moving, somebody left what appeared to be a packaged comforter on the sidewalk before someone retrieved it as they were ready to pull out.  The girls waved animatedly to us, Mairead C blowing me a kiss as they left.  For us, it was every bit as good as a M&G and with cast members with whom we rarely get to interact too!

As fans, we wanted to be there en masse for them at the opener of this new show.  With news that Lisa would depart the tour, for us the shows took on an unexpected and somewhat melancholy urgency. But, all of us were blessed to have been there.  

By all means do not miss a chance to see this new tour!  You will not be disappointed!

With Choir member Sarah Gannon after second night in Nashville.

Lisa Lambe with Cindy, Donna and other fans after the 2-15-14 show.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 04:56PM by Starman » Logged

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 05:11PM »

Thanks so much, John.  I just hurriedly read your review and was delighted except for the announcement that Lil' Lambe will leave at some point.  That is a real downer.  I'm glad that Lynn will return in her place but I will have a hard time accepting Lisa's departure.  This is really a double whammy coming on the heels of Chloe's leaving.  Oh well, I will have to live the rest of my life unfulfilled as my two tickets this year are front row aisle seats on the right side facing the stage.  Never to be Lambenated is a hard pill to swallow.  Could I possibly be Carlinated?  That would be awesome.  The set list was interesting to say the least.  I will probably comment on that at a later time.  In summary it was a great review and I look forward to further reports from you.  My shows are in April and I wonder who will be in the cast at that time?  I know you will keep us informed.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:13PM by Hubert » Logged

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
avalonfreak06

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 06:02PM »

Great review! No worries! Lisa will be back! Im sure she would have said something of not returning on twitter by now! Lisa has always said from the beginning of her tenure with CW that she is in CW for the long haul. that may mean she needs to take some time out, for a few months to get refocused or get rejuvenated from all the touring that they do. Out of the 3 vocalist, she is now the veteran, so she definitely deserves it! Smiley
Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 06:21PM »

A beautiful review. Thank you!

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 06:28PM »

Thanks so much, John.  I just hurriedly read your review and was delighted except for the announcement that Lil' Lambe will leave at some point.  That is a real downer.  I'm glad that Lynn will return in her place but I will have a hard time accepting Lisa's departure.  This is really a double whammy coming on the heels of Chloe's leaving.  Oh well, I will have to live the rest of my life unfulfilled as my two tickets this year are front row aisle seats on the right side facing the stage.  Never to be Lambenated is a hard pill to swallow.  Could I possibly be Carlinated?  That would be awesome.  The set list was interesting to say the least.  I will probably comment on that at a later time.  In summary it was a great review and I look forward to further reports from you.  My shows are in April and I wonder who will be in the cast at that time?  I know you will keep us informed.

Some very good news: Gerald H talked to David Downes at the Huntsville show and he said Lisa was definitely coming back.  However, she is doubtful for your shows in April and the rest of the tour after the first couple of weeks of the tour, is what we were told.  I doubt she will be there for my next show March 11 at Richmond Ky too.  However, it's ironic that I'll have a M&G with Lynn, with whom I last had a M&G in Lexington KY in Oct. 2010, just down the road from Richmond.  Undecided Smiley
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 06:34PM by Starman » Logged

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 06:41PM »

Great review! No worries! Lisa will be back! Im sure she would have said something of not returning on twitter by now! Lisa has always said from the beginning of her tenure with CW that she is in CW for the long haul. that may mean she needs to take some time out, for a few months to get refocused or get rejuvenated from all the touring that they do. Out of the 3 vocalist, she is now the veteran, so she definitely deserves it! Smiley

Thanks!  You're absolutely right! Forum member Gerald H reports he talked with David Downes in Huntsville last night and he confirmed Lisa will be coming back!  Wouldn't it be great if Lynn stayed on as a vocalist too after Lisa gets back!  What a dream team!  Shocked Cool

beckyw

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 10:38AM »

Awesome review John.  Thanks.   Smiley  Will you be able to go to Evansville this year or St. Louis.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts and we are never ever the same.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 06:23PM »

Awesome review John.  Thanks.   Smiley  Will you be able to go to Evansville this year or St. Louis.

I'm working on Evansville!  Wink Smiley

beckyw

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 09:38PM »

Awesome.  Hope to see you there.  Let me know.  Maybe we can all meet at the pub before. 

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts and we are never ever the same.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 02:09PM »

Thanks for the update, John.  I am glad that our Lil' Lambe will be back.  That is definitely an upper.  I hope to get M&G for Tulsa.  I never met Lynn at any of my M&G's when she was with the group.  Now is my big chance.  And yes, it would be awesome to have Lynn and Lisa there together returning us to the old four vocalist format.  But I'm not holding my breath.  CW Productions (Madstone) is too cheap to let that happen.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 12:04PM »

Thanks so much, John.  I just hurriedly read your review and was delighted except for the announcement that Lil' Lambe will leave at some point.  That is a real downer.  I'm glad that Lynn will return in her place but I will have a hard time accepting Lisa's departure.  This is really a double whammy coming on the heels of Chloe's leaving.  Oh well, I will have to live the rest of my life unfulfilled as my two tickets this year are front row aisle seats on the right side facing the stage.  Never to be Lambenated is a hard pill to swallow.  Could I possibly be Carlinated?  That would be awesome.  The set list was interesting to say the least.  I will probably comment on that at a later time.  In summary it was a great review and I look forward to further reports from you.  My shows are in April and I wonder who will be in the cast at that time?  I know you will keep us informed.

Some very good news: Gerald H talked to David Downes at the Huntsville show and he said Lisa was definitely coming back.  However, she is doubtful for your shows in April and the rest of the tour after the first couple of weeks of the tour, is what we were told.  I doubt she will be there for my next show March 11 at Richmond Ky too.  However, it's ironic that I'll have a M&G with Lynn, with whom I last had a M&G in Lexington KY in Oct. 2010, just down the road from Richmond.  Undecided Smiley

I would hope that is true.  Coming from David does add a lot of validity to it.

However, I am seeing a lot of people online now pushing the story that Lisa is fed up with CW management and quit to tour with her husband instead; and this means CW will be done after this year or as the originator of this said "stick a fork in CW, they're done!"  In the modern age of electronic communications, all it takes is a jerk with a keyboard to start this kind of thing.

I spent all morning trying to figure out where this was coming from (since our entire computer system at work was down and we couldn't do anything) and back traced it to a blog that claims to have all of the inside information about CW and "knows" all the truth about how horrible they really are, despite claiming to be their biggest fan.  I think most people who have been around here a while know who I am talking about.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 05:06PM »

Whatever the gossip about about why Lisa is leaving temporarily and when she will be back, the problem with retaining soloists is and always has been obvious: the taxing nature of never-ending touring and travel, taking one away from family and friends.  If those obstacles can be reduced by giving the performers some time off and bringing back in former soloists to replace them while they're out, that would seem to be the best solution to all involved.

If, say next year, somebody wanted some time off and Chloe or Lisa Kelly came back to replace them, who'd have a serious problem with that?  On the other hand, replacing Mairead Nesbitt could be a problem.  Fortunately, she seems to thoroughly enjoy touring and her husband is able to accompany her. 

The bottom line, in my view, is that we should enjoy every moment of the blessings they bring us for as long as they are willing and able to do it.  Smiley

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 05:41PM »

Whatever the gossip about about why Lisa is leaving temporarily and when she will be back, the problem with retaining soloists is and always has been obvious: the taxing nature of never-ending touring and travel, taking one away from family and friends.  If those obstacles can be reduced by giving the performers some time off and bringing back in former soloists to replace them while they're out, that would seem to be the best solution to all involved.

If, say next year, somebody wanted some time off and Chloe or Lisa Kelly came back to replace them, who'd have a serious problem with that?  On the other hand, replacing Mairead Nesbitt could be a problem.  Fortunately, she seems to thoroughly enjoy touring and her husband is able to accompany her. 

The bottom line, in my view, is that we should enjoy every moment of the blessings they bring us for as long as they are willing and able to do it.  Smiley

Agreed.  Mairead is truly the lynch pin of CW.  I don't see how anyone could replace her.  The other problem is with Chloe and now Lisa L, the very abrupt departures.  If Chloe had announced "I'm going to be leaving at the end of the year" I think most people would have understood and accepted it, and the shock would have been far, far less.  She would have finished the last 3 tours of the year and called it done.  Touring for 2 weeks and then "taking a break" (which with CW seems to always be speak for "leaving for good") is also very odd, which is why it leads to rumors flying left and right; especially from people with an agenda.

Sadly, I doubt Chloe or Lisa Kelly would come back, even to fill in unless it was for a one off event that didn't conflict with other things they've already got planned.

Heck, people are now saying Lisa Kelly won't even do the 10 year anniversary show because she'll be busy with school.  If that's the case, I have no desire to spend who knows how much $$$ going to it.
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 09:16PM »

I'm inclined to believe that perhaps Lisa, being the theatre performer she is, might've gotten a performance opportunity. Susan was the first Celtic Woman in the groups history (as far as I know anyway) to star in a production while still in the group. Furthermore, 3 months would be the right amount of time to do something like that. Plenty of time for prep and plenty of time to perform. Susan did Cats for over a month!

Lisa seems to be thoroughly enjoying herself with the group! And seeing as how David says she'll be returning and considering it IS a short break, I think we should trust her word.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 06:02AM »

I'm inclined to believe that perhaps Lisa, being the theatre performer she is, might've gotten a performance opportunity. Susan was the first Celtic Woman in the groups history (as far as I know anyway) to star in a production while still in the group. Furthermore, 3 months would be the right amount of time to do something like that. Plenty of time for prep and plenty of time to perform. Susan did Cats for over a month!

Lisa seems to be thoroughly enjoying herself with the group! And seeing as how David says she'll be returning and considering it IS a short break, I think we should trust her word.

I agree!  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: