Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emerald Tour Shines at Nashville Opening 2/14-15, 2014  (Read 16291 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 07:05AM »

Well, I'M SURE Lisa and David won't lie!

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 09:43AM »

Whatever the gossip about about why Lisa is leaving temporarily and when she will be back, the problem with retaining soloists is and always has been obvious: the taxing nature of never-ending touring and travel, taking one away from family and friends.  If those obstacles can be reduced by giving the performers some time off and bringing back in former soloists to replace them while they're out, that would seem to be the best solution to all involved.

If, say next year, somebody wanted some time off and Chloe or Lisa Kelly came back to replace them, who'd have a serious problem with that?  On the other hand, replacing Mairead Nesbitt could be a problem.  Fortunately, she seems to thoroughly enjoy touring and her husband is able to accompany her. 

The bottom line, in my view, is that we should enjoy every moment of the blessings they bring us for as long as they are willing and able to do it.  Smiley

I could not have said it any better, John.  Just enjoy them while they are performing.  I always doubted that any former members would come back.  Now this event has opened the door for more possible reappearances.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
The Quiet Man

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 01:06PM »

This thread is starting to get a bit heated, and not entirely without good reason.  Any way you slice it, Lisa Lambe's departure raises some red flags and some questions.  Why so sudden?  Why start the tour and then leave after 2 weeks?  When is she coming back?  Is this just corporate double-speak for "she's leaving, but we just don't want to announce it yet?"  In all fairness, almost all of these things have happened before.  Chloe and Meav both left rather abruptly, although this is the first time someone has left that was not during a break.  It was at least implied for most of 2012 that Lisa Kelly would be returning at some point, until the opening of the LKVA was announced in January of 2013.  It's on the record that every single soloist who has left has said in her official statement that she was taking a break, not that she was leaving.

All of that being the case, it's not beyond the pale for fans to wonder just what the heck is going on here, nor is it completely off the proverbial radar beam for some sans to wonder if they can take the organization at its word.  It isn't really fair or ethical to attack those who ask questions by calling them unsupportive or not real fans (the "no true Scotsman/Texan" argument).  The fans all know Lisa's married, some have even met her husband, so the question of a little Li'l Lambe is not one that should be expected NOT to pop into people's heads in light of these facts.  It's well-know that Lisa's done extensive stage work, and that Susan just appeared in Cats, so the question of her getting a gig like that that was too good to pass up is also not one that should be expected not to be raised.  Finally, there is no question, at least among those who have met the ladies a few times, that she is probably the most gracious and friendly current member, so it's to be expected that her loss will be greeted with dismay.  Fans can't simply be told how to feel or told that their feelings are entirely unjustified (unreasonable is a separate question).

The only thing that can be done is to limit the discussion from spiraling out of control.  Most of us, I hope, know the difference between raising questions, speculating, hoping, and gossiping.  For the moment I'm inclined to take David Downes and more importantly Lisa herself at their words.  That doesn't mean either Lisa or CW Ltd can't change their minds later on, but if they do, that's a question for then.  It WOULD be nice if they would give us a breakdown as to what dates are Lisa and what dates are Lynn, and it would be nice to have a firm date as to Lisa's return, but neither of those appears to be forthcoming.  Maybe CW Ltd themselves don't know all the particulars yet.  The fact is that this tour is underway, and most likely in Gainesville is when Lynn will make her reappearance.  The rest of the details we really don't know.  I would suggest that after Lynn does make her reappearance that the discussion of Lisa's return be tabled until something is actually announced.  It really would not be fair if Lynn were made to feel unwelcome or like she was just a placeholder for Lisa.   
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 06:03PM »

This thread is starting to get a bit heated, and not entirely without good reason.  Any way you slice it, Lisa Lambe's departure raises some red flags and some questions.  Why so sudden?  Why start the tour and then leave after 2 weeks?  When is she coming back?  Is this just corporate double-speak for "she's leaving, but we just don't want to announce it yet?"  In all fairness, almost all of these things have happened before.  Chloe and Meav both left rather abruptly, although this is the first time someone has left that was not during a break.  It was at least implied for most of 2012 that Lisa Kelly would be returning at some point, until the opening of the LKVA was announced in January of 2013.  It's on the record that every single soloist who has left has said in her official statement that she was taking a break, not that she was leaving.

All of that being the case, it's not beyond the pale for fans to wonder just what the heck is going on here, nor is it completely off the proverbial radar beam for some sans to wonder if they can take the organization at its word.  It isn't really fair or ethical to attack those who ask questions by calling them unsupportive or not real fans (the "no true Scotsman/Texan" argument).  The fans all know Lisa's married, some have even met her husband, so the question of a little Li'l Lambe is not one that should be expected NOT to pop into people's heads in light of these facts.  It's well-know that Lisa's done extensive stage work, and that Susan just appeared in Cats, so the question of her getting a gig like that that was too good to pass up is also not one that should be expected not to be raised.  Finally, there is no question, at least among those who have met the ladies a few times, that she is probably the most gracious and friendly current member, so it's to be expected that her loss will be greeted with dismay.  Fans can't simply be told how to feel or told that their feelings are entirely unjustified (unreasonable is a separate question).

The only thing that can be done is to limit the discussion from spiraling out of control.  Most of us, I hope, know the difference between raising questions, speculating, hoping, and gossiping.  For the moment I'm inclined to take David Downes and more importantly Lisa herself at their words.  That doesn't mean either Lisa or CW Ltd can't change their minds later on, but if they do, that's a question for then.  It WOULD be nice if they would give us a breakdown as to what dates are Lisa and what dates are Lynn, and it would be nice to have a firm date as to Lisa's return, but neither of those appears to be forthcoming.  Maybe CW Ltd themselves don't know all the particulars yet.  The fact is that this tour is underway, and most likely in Gainesville is when Lynn will make her reappearance.  The rest of the details we really don't know.  I would suggest that after Lynn does make her reappearance that the discussion of Lisa's return be tabled until something is actually announced.  It really would not be fair if Lynn were made to feel unwelcome or like she was just a placeholder for Lisa.   
Well said! If Lisa and David both said she is coming back I know she will! Lisa K. I had a feeling a year prior since Ellie was going to start school and knew she would want something steady, which I don't blame her! Lisa though I am not totally convinced it is theatrical or related. From what she has posted on twitter it sounds like it is something else back home and that she really didn't want to leave the tour and had Sad faces a lot. So I am taking it as far as that and respecting her decision! And she put she will see us soon! And I do think it would have helped though if her husband was in the choir and toured w her so they could be together but that is a mere thought even though it would have been a lot easier on the both two of them.  And as for Lisa Kelly she said as long as she is free around that time she would more than love to the taping! SO that is up to CWltd to determine the date and time and when to release that to everyone and the girls. Sorry I just was thinking of all this today and am trying to keep positive! And it will be a nice treat to see Lynn again! ANd Would be lvely once Lisa comes back to keep Lynn in and add her lovely voice to the mix!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
The Quiet Man

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 04:41PM »

Thanks.  We'll just have to see what happens, now that the dust has sort of settled.  There's 5 months of tour ahead, hopefully without any more drama.   
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 03:15PM »

John, is Eoghan O'Neill back with the band this year or is there someone new?  In some videos I've seen it looked like there may be a different person, although I could not tell for sure.

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 06:44PM »

John, is Eoghan O'Neill back with the band this year or is there someone new?  In some videos I've seen it looked like there may be a different person, although I could not tell for sure.

No, Eoghan is indeed back again, though he is set up on Ray's side for the first time, instead of with the other musicians.  It certainly wouldn't be the same without Eoghan, would it?  Smiley

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2014, 10:53AM »

No, Eoghan is indeed back again, though he is set up on Ray's side for the first time, instead of with the other musicians.  It certainly wouldn't be the same without Eoghan, would it?  Smiley

That's right.  Only Eoghan, Ray and Mairead N. remain from the original cast.

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2014, 11:00AM »

Don't forget David. Smiley
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 10:50AM »

Don't forget David. Smiley

Oopsies.  You are right.  I was thinking of the touring show where David sometimes shows up.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: