Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Play "Breaking Dad"  (Read 28231 times)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« on: February 24, 2014, 09:22PM »

I think I might have found out why Lisa is disappearing for most of the tour.

I'm sure most know she was in a play entitled "Between Foxrock and a Hard Place" with Rory Nolan.  He will be repising the lead role in the sequel "Breaking Dad."  None of the articles about the play mention who will be playing Sorcha, which is Lisa's character in the picture below.

The tweet was easy to miss, I almost did, but Lisa tweeted that the play would be running from the end of April to May.  It was in reply to an earlier Tweet which says "@rorywnolan returns to play Ross, @LambeLisa is back as Sorcha and Philip O'Sullivan stars once more as Charles..."

https://twitter.com/RossOCK/status/438046047861223424 (Ross O'Carroll-Kelly is the author of this series of plays.)

https://twitter.com/hellomissionpr/status/437998086754140161  (Some PR Company)

I think it is pretty clear from these messages, at least to me, that this is most likely why she's leaving.  Hopefully this is all it is.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 06:17PM by AggieGuy » Logged
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 09:24PM »

So, who made the suggestion that she was doing a play?

He or she wins the Kewpie doll.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 09:28PM »

Nice detective work, brother. Maybe that could be your new career.   Smiley

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 09:38PM »

Nice detective work, brother. Maybe that could be your new career.   Smiley

I wasn't even trying.  I'm just very observant and when something catches my attention, I tend to go digging deeper.

I am truly amazed that it seems I may be the first person to have figured it out.

Edit: Noticed a grammatical error.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 06:26PM by AggieGuy » Logged
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 08:57PM »

Nice detective work, brother. Maybe that could be your new career.   Smiley

I wasn't even trying.  I'm just very observant and it when something catches my attention, I tend to go digging deeper.

I am truly amazed that it seems I may be the first person to figure it out.
Hey now hey now! Lest we forget, twas I who first suggested that she was leaving to do a theatre gig! I just had absolutely no evidence and haven't had access to a computer these past few days! Lol! Jk! But I'm glad we've finally got an answer.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 09:06PM »

Hey now hey now! Lest we forget, twas I who first suggested that she was leaving to do a theatre gig! I just had absolutely no evidence and haven't had access to a computer these past few days! Lol! Jk! But I'm glad we've finally got an answer.

You win the Kewpie doll.  Grin
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 10:55PM »

This is great news. It means that Lisa is OK, and that this "little break" is likely just that, and she'll be back after the play's run is over. And we get a former member to come back and fill in. It's all good.  Smiley

Thanks for putting the pieces together for us.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 12:00AM »

I found out this morning while on twitter, I didn't see any mention on here so I didn't post anything! But it runs from April 25 till may 17! I think thee was a lot of speculation because nothing was mentioned till just now! We'll I'm excited for her!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 09:28AM »

You win the Kewpie doll.  Grin
Great! Just one question though... What exactly IS a Kewpie doll? Lol!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 12:02PM »

You win the Kewpie doll.  Grin
Great! Just one question though... What exactly IS a Kewpie doll? Lol!

It's a small figurine that used to be given as a prize at carnival games.  It might still be for all I know.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 04:53PM »

This is great news. It means that Lisa is OK, and that this "little break" is likely just that, and she'll be back after the play's run is over. And we get a former member to come back and fill in. It's all good.  Smiley

I totally agree!  Grin

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 06:34PM »

I totally agree!  Grin

Well, it's far better than what one jerk claims was the reason, Lisa wanting to get away from the "sociopaths" who run CW.
MaryNorth93
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 04:05AM »

Well, it's far better than what one jerk claims was the reason, Lisa wanting to get away from the "sociopaths" who run CW.

Those kind of stories have been around ever since Méav left CW. Best is not paying too much attention to them.

Anyway, nice for Lisa she got another theater gig.  Smiley Too bad I don't live in the U.S, I would love it to see Lynn live. My first CW-concert was after she left.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 04:19AM by MaryN. » Logged
The Quiet Man

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 12:52PM »

Oh those stories go back about a year before Meav's departure, with probably the earliest controversies being either the Hayley/Meav switch-off or Deirdre's departure, and every controversy has produced all kinds of speculation.  It would have more credibility if some of the speculators had more credibility, and almost none of it is supported by direct evidence.  The CW train chugs on.   
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 02:22AM »

Its a nice theory, but until we hear something official, I doubt its true.

First they would have to convince Lil' Lambe to do it, to leave her current gig that she seems to love. I bet that could cost a few dollars!

Then they would have to convince CW to let Lisa skip out of a tour, AND spend money to replace her with someone. That would cost more dollars!

I am also very curious as to what is going on. And I will really miss Lisa from the upcoming shows. BUT .... if she waned to tell us, she would. Maybe we will eventually find out if /  when she is ready to announce ... whatever.  I wish her the best and hope to see her perform again.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: