Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Play "Breaking Dad"  (Read 28219 times)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 07:13AM »

Not a theory.

http://www.gaietytheatre.ie/index.php/whats-on-buy-tickets/calendar/ross-ocarroll-kelly-breaking-dad/528

As for Lisa leaving, I think she had likely agreed to do this play years ago since it is the sequel to one she had already done and she's friends with the author and main actor.  So it didn't matter when, she was going to do it regardless.  It just happen to conflict with this year tour.

Why they did not announce it as the reason, who knows?  Might have been for contractual reasons.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 07:19AM »

Someone on the Mairead forum said that at a Fl. M&G he  mentioned to LL about it being her last show....she looked up at him and said "CHRISTMAS" ...so that could be a hint of things to come.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 08:36AM »

This doom and gloom speculation is really getting to me. CW and Lisa have already confirmed that she is returning when the play's run finishes, and in past interviews Lisa herself has said she is in CW for the long haul. Of course, things can always crop up but sometimes I think fans push the girls too hard for information. And then read too hard into the answers. Why don't we stick to posting concrete info when we know the whole story. Or admit that we aren't sure what the girls meant when they give a super cryptic answer. For me, all this negativity is ruining the tour season and rather than joyfully anticipating a concert with potential stage door possibility, I am dreading it and wondering if it will be my goodbye to the girls.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 08:52PM »

Misha, I think a lot are tired of people who claim to be fans going all in negative, all the time.  It's one thing to have a gripe about something (who doesn't?); it's another to just start to ooze hatred and negativity.

Given how long I've been online (20 years, back to the days of the Bulletin Board system [BBS]) what I'm seeing on other sites smells of a coordinated effort to spread mayhem, a classic trolling.

Until it came out about the play, I don't think anyone knew why Lisa was taking time off except for her, David, the other girls, probably the main choir/musicians, Maggie, and Lisa's family so it allowed speculation to run rampant and trolls just love that.  Some people are easily trolled to join in the negativity.

Someone on the Mairead forum said that at a Fl. M&G he  mentioned to LL about it being her last show....she looked up at him and said "CHRISTMAS" ...so that could be a hint of things to come.

And on that forum they are interpreting that to mean the "back in the summer" comment was a lie.  I swear many over there must live under a continual black cloud because most are constantly negative, probably because the biggest CW hating troll posts his venom there.  That is what trolls do, spread misery.

I interpreted it as Lisa meant that Christmas is when she'll be back in the US with CW.  Obviously they're not going to be touring in the US between June and November/December.  They have the 10 year anniversary show to prepare for (and that's not something that you spend a couple of weeks getting ready for) and then I would imagine some well deserved time off.

It's one thing if Lisa was having a baby.  I could understand her changing her mind like Lisa Kelly did after #4.  However, all she is doing is a play, and like I said above, she had probably agreed to do this play years ago.  The rampant, negative speculation does nothing but generate more negativity.  As I learned long ago, what others do is outside of our control, so why fret over it?  It won't change it and it simply makes one feel sick.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:48PM by AggieGuy » Logged
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 02:43AM »

As much as I have been contemplating this the last 24 I think you hit the nail on the head. They won't be back in the us till symphony and then not sure when ever the 2015 tour for the new taping will take place. That is how I took i, as a misinterpretation on there behalf. Lisa probably meant that they only know there schedules up until then and they don't have anything yet for 2015 which is understandable! I could see her just saying something like that! Plus being From ireland and England they say thing differently that we may misinterpret very easily! I have a lot of British people on twitter and it does not take much to take something the wrong way where it's a normal thing for them, I'm just used to it!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
The Quiet Man

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 11:58AM »

I dunno about going all-negative, all-the-time, but there are a few folks out there who have personal vendettas, there's no question of that, and they don't miss a chance to advance them.  In the case of some of those folks I think there's also a question of being, well, over-the-top and "out there."  However, I think they are too few, too far between, and too out there to be a conspiracy to hurt the organization.

I fall somewhere in the middle.  I don't accept everything that comes from the organization's desk as absolutely true, and I think there's usually more to a lot of things, in the sense of we the fans aren't and shouldn't be privy to every internal conversation and discussion, but I am not interested in finding fault with the organization or throwing accusations unless something really egregious or a pattern of abuse emerges.  Even if a problem does emerge, there are usually ways to handle it besides public shaming and bellyaching, like taking up ticket issues with the venue or the PBS station. 

I put no value at all on the "Christmas" statement, I think that's just meet and greet chatter with no official weight, but that's all right.  Lisa was at the very least holding out hope, because she's generally a positive person and doesn't want to send a meter/greeter away unhappy.  We'll find out when it's time to announce the next stage of things, whenever that may be, but it probably won't be until this tour is over, to prevent distraction.   Aggieguy is right, though, fretting isn't going to change anything.
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 09:18PM »

I doubt they'll be doing much touring this summer before recording the new concert special. But that's because Susan is supposed to be getting married this summer!
LegallyBlondfan

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2014, 10:10PM »

there's no new concert special this summer. as for susan getting married this summer. I guess I did remember seeing that somewhere
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 10:14PM »

there's no new concert special this summer. as for susan getting married this summer. I guess I did remember seeing that somewhere

They're doing a 10 year anniversary show sometime in the late summer, most likely September.  Lisa mentioned it in a radio interview a while back.
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 09:26AM »

Yeah, Susan mentioned that she was getting married this summer and that, due to the time she spent on the tour bus, that she already had everything planned out for her wedding. So I doubt we'll hear much from the girls this summer until around August or so when they begin working on the concert special.
LegallyBlondfan

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 11:59PM »

oh yeah. sorry, brain fart. lol.

tchristina23

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2014, 04:31PM »

I too read Lisas tweet, and Rebecca Winkworth tweeted her saying she hoped she would get back from tour  in time to see it. Lisa told Rebecca something to the effect of that it would still be playing in April. So it sure sounds like a play to me. Lisa may just have 1 year contracts with CW. If that is the case and she planned this play last year, she may have had her new CW contract written to allow for her to do the play. She is valuable as a  fan favorite so for them to possible loose her the same year as Chloe, maybe she had some barganing tools.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2014, 07:56PM »

It is a play and it ends 2 weeks prior to Radio City! I have a slight inkling, just a slight one that even though she won't be on stage I might see her in the audience, or she might be backstage and will see her on the side like I did Amy Rivard and David! Especially since  that's a big night for the girls and lisa loves radio city she might just fly out after for that or surprise us and the last month like tour the first and last month (which prob. isn't going to happen) but I was thinking about it and I think she won't miss flying out to radio city! she would have plenty of time! (and from what I hear it sounds like there are going to be a few surprise people in the audience that night!) (read comment under  mairead N's radio city picture tweet and the one she retweeted! Wink But that is the only thing I can think of and give her plenty of time!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2014, 11:33AM »

I agree with somone who posted earlier about being annoyed with people who are canceling their tickets because they're finding out Lisa won't be on this tour.
I don't know, but that kind of stuff really bugs me too.  I know it happened a lot with the Believe tour after LK announced she was leaving.  I know there were a lot of people who canceled their M&G tickets after they found that out.
That was my very first M&G, and honestly? the thought to cancel my M&G never even crossed my mind.  Yes, I was upset that I wouldn't get the chance to meet LK, but I was still really excited to see the show and meet 2 of the girls.  I did end up meeting Susan and Chloe at that M&G, and while Susan wasn't LK, I just fell in love with her.
I feel like people now who are  upset that Lisa won't be on this tour and want to cancel their tickets or are just too upset to enjoy it are really missing out.  If I had been that way at my M&G and the first time I saw Susan live, I would have missed out on a wonderful, talented woman. Smiley
It annoys me that people aren't even willing to see the show without Lisa.  I feel bad for Lynn, honestly, that people are canceling their tickets cause Lisa won't be on the tour.  The same way I felt bad for Susan when she stepped in for LK.
I almost feel like those people won't be as welcoming to Lynn, since she's stepping in for Lisa.

Of course, I am super upset that I won't get to see Lisa again, but at the same time, I'm super exfcited to see Lynn back and see how she fits in with the new show.
I think some of these people either aren't true fans, or, like someone earlier said, they just went to spreadose hate and negative feelings..
And my rant is done.. sorry Sad

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2014, 12:04PM »

I agree with most of what you said, Sarah.  All of the CW ladies are great performers and truly some of the nicest people you could ever want to meet, including Lynn and Susan.  I've met 9 of the 12 ladies and they are all sweethearts and if someone cancels a ticket it is too bad because you are missing a great show no matter who is on stage.  David only picks the best ladies for CW and they all work hard every day to do the best shows they can for us, the fans.  Yes, we miss Lisa Kelly, Chloe, Meav (especially James Wink), Hayley, Orla, Alex and Deirdre, but, HEY!, that's life, and we STILL get to see a great show every time.  Many call it a life changing experience after their first show.  The band and chorus members are all top notch, too.  Edel and Sarah are super nice, Ray is a hoot (!), and I consider Tommy a good friend.  And, Craig is a great dancer and a very nice guy, too.  I've also talked with David and with John Page after a Symphony show -- both very friendly to fans and thanked us for our support.
All of these performers will be around for a while, even after CW, and if you can't meet them now, I'm sure we will have other chances to meet them later.   Smiley 
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: