Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman Dress Selections  (Read 10258 times)
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« on: February 25, 2014, 01:15PM »

Do you think there is a particular reason why Meav's Dress seems to be the highlight from the original CW show?
If it represents as her as a Mermaid does Orla & Chloe's dress in Blues make the sea or highlights the ocean? If that is the case it doesn't make sense why Lisa is the only one to wear Brown. They're beautiful all of them it's funny-  all the women could of had the same quality in Dress like the one Meav had, in other shades, & Colors or they could of been other species not needing to all be Mermaids. The Mermaid suits Meav. Since it was suppose to of originally been a one night show perhaps Meav was the star of the show Smiley

The Dresses since A New Journey- Isle Of Hope- SFTH- ACC- HFC & Believe since all been Themed equally
 Lisa could of worn Blue like the other's though there would of been too much Blue and Meav would of popped too much if so.
Mairead's dress suits her like all the other concerts she's done not much of a surprise.

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 10:33PM »

Do you think there is a particular reason why Meav's Dress seems to be the highlight from the original CW show?
If it represents as her as a Mermaid does Orla & Chloe's dress in Blues make the sea or highlights the ocean? If that is the case it doesn't make sense why Lisa is the only one to wear Brown. They're beautiful all of them it's funny-  all the women could of had the same quality in Dress like the one Meav had, in other shades, & Colors or they could of been other species not needing to all be Mermaids. The Mermaid suits Meav. Since it was suppose to of originally been a one night show perhaps Meav was the star of the show Smiley

The Dresses since A New Journey- Isle Of Hope- SFTH- ACC- HFC & Believe since all been Themed equally
 Lisa could of worn Blue like the other's though there would of been too much Blue and Meav would of popped too much if so.
Mairead's dress suits her like all the other concerts she's done not much of a surprise.
  a  few  thoughts......  interesting  topic Real CW  .....   being  the  initial concert, nobody...and I  mean  NOBODY  knew  that CW  would  turn out  to what  it  has.  ( side note ...I  always  thought  Lisa's  dress was  earthy  green in  that  concert)  hmmm.....  It  is  true  that  all the ladies were/are  quite  lovely. The  idea  for  uniformly  themed  dresses  came  later  as  CW  grew in  prominence .  Lisa's  dress  was  tailor  made to  fit  her  post  pregnancy  form. Meav's  MERMEAV dress  was  perhaps  a  nod  to  2  different  things- one being  her   'ocean themed"  CD ,  "Silver Sea"  which  I  think  came  out  a bit before CW.  The dress could  also have  been  designed  to  evoke  her  touring  days  with  ' Lord  Of   The Dance "  when  she  played  the Irish mother  goddess  Erin. In the original CW  concert, Meav and  Chloe  were  featured  with  4  solos  apiece, Orla  3,  and  Lisa  K.  2.  Back to  the  dress  issue .... IMO  the  Mermeav  dress is the most  stunning  creation  of  Synan's  ever..and  he  ALWAYS  makes  gorgeous  dresses.   That is  NOT  to  take  away  from  the  other  ladies  in  any  way.  All of  them  had  varied  and  different musical experience to  bring  to the  table -Meav's  forte  being  the  classic  "concert  soloist. "  5  extremely  talented  individuals took  the  stage  that  evening - and  all lovely  in  their  own  right. With  all due respect to Meav ( and  the  rest), I  believe  she  was  probably  considered  the  most  photogenic  of  the  bunch- even  though  they  all are.  I  hope  this  is  a good  starting point.  I had  to  restrain  myself  a bit  due  to  my  obvious pro-Meav   Smiley bias. those  who  read  this, bear  that  in  mind  please .   Smiley

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 08:38AM »

a  few  thoughts......  interesting  topic Real CW  .....   being  the  initial concert, nobody...and I  mean  NOBODY  knew  that CW  would  turn out  to what  it  has.  ( side note ...I  always  thought  Lisa's  dress was  earthy  green in  that  concert)  hmmm.....  It  is  true  that  all the ladies were/are  quite  lovely. The  idea  for  uniformly  themed  dresses  came  later  as  CW  grew in  prominence .  Lisa's  dress  was  tailor  made to  fit  her  post  pregnancy  form. Meav's  MERMEAV dress  was  perhaps  a  nod  to  2  different  things- one being  her   'ocean themed"  CD ,  "Silver Sea"  which  I  think  came  out  a bit before CW.  The dress could  also have  been  designed  to  evoke  her  touring  days  with  ' Lord  Of   The Dance "  when  she  played  the Irish mother  goddess  Erin. In the original CW  concert, Meav and  Chloe  were  featured  with  4  solos  apiece, Orla  3,  and  Lisa  K.  2.  Back to  the  dress  issue .... IMO  the  Mermeav  dress is the most  stunning  creation  of  Synan's  ever..and  he  ALWAYS  makes  gorgeous  dresses.   That is  NOT  to  take  away  from  the  other  ladies  in  any  way.  All of  them  had  varied  and  different musical experience to  bring  to the  table -Meav's  forte  being  the  classic  "concert  soloist. "  5  extremely  talented  individuals took  the  stage  that  evening - and  all lovely  in  their  own  right. With  all due respect to Meav ( and  the  rest), I  believe  she  was  probably  considered  the  most  photogenic  of  the  bunch- even  though  they  all are.  I  hope  this  is  a good  starting point.  I had  to  restrain 
myself  a bit  due  to  my  obvious pro-Meav   Smiley bias. those  who  read  this, bear  that  in  mind  please .   Smiley

(That was restraint James? Wow…)

Remember also that the original concert really wasn't a show so much as it was a concert. Now the costumes are part of the story the girls are trying to tell.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: