Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emerald Tour Videos  (Read 45485 times)
MarcusWongAUS
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 01:51AM »

The Moon's A Harsh Mistress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiN3ddkFNJw

Sounds fantastic! I hope they tour back in Australia soon!

26/6/10 Westfield Penrith
23/10/10 Sydney Entertainment Centre
21/12/11 Boettcher Concert Hall
18/8/12 Macquarie Centre
17/1/14 Sydney Entertainment Centre
9/2/18 Darling Harbour Theatre
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 02:58AM »

The Moon's A Harsh Mistress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiN3ddkFNJw

Sounds fantastic! I hope they tour back in Australia soon!

She is amazing!!! I never get tired of her voice! Smiley

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 03:53AM »

Oh gosh, she equals the Lisa's version in my heart. I didn't think it was possible. I like the little differences she brings to her rendition Grin

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 10:45AM »

She definitely did Lisa proud! Smiley

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 01:22PM »

Oh, I LOVE her rendition! Susan has developed SO MUCH. So many people thought she was bad and David would have lost his talent for finding lovely ladies, BUT all those people were wrong. David has found a rough diamond. Susan ahd way too little experience and training and she developed a so much in her time with CW. Her her version of this song is stunningly beautiful, I like it even more than Lisa's.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 03:19PM »

Lovely version! I think she brings a lot more emotion to it than Lisa, who brought more power. Absolutely stunning.

Oh, I LOVE her rendition! Susan has developed SO MUCH. So many people thought she was bad and David would have lost his talent for finding lovely ladies, BUT all those people were wrong. David has found a rough diamond. Susan ahd way too little experience and training and she developed a so much in her time with CW. Her her version of this song is stunningly beautiful, I like it even more than Lisa's.
I agree with this statement. A lot of people didn't give Susan enough credit when she first joined. I think her niche is more songs where she can pour her heart and soul into them. She seems to really shine on songs like Follow On and Caledonia in particular because she just feeds so much emotion into her singing. In that way she really reminds me of Alex. I'm curious though... It seems that every Celtic Woman has had a background in classical music or at least has classical training. The exceptions seem to be Orla and (possibly) Lisa Lambe. Does Susan have a classical background?
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 03:33PM »

I think Alex doesn't have classical training, since she became a singer "by accident". But I thought Lil' Lambe has? I don't know. Susan was discovered by a talent show, so I don't know. But think of - for example - the lovely soprano Camilla Kerslake -she never had ANY training but is a fabulous singer.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 05:27PM »

I fell in love with Susan's voice from the start. I knew Susan would fit in perfectly the first time I listened to her on YouTube and bought her song "How You Imagined It to Be." Then I got to see her live on the Believe tour, and nearly cried when she sang Follow On. I was definitely not in that group of people who doubted her. I love what she brings to Celtic Woman, a Celtic Broadway Goddess. This version of TMAHM really blew me away when i heard it a few weeks ago.

I hope she sticks around for a long time. She's amazing! Not just her powerful voice, but her kind heart! I hope someone gets her version of The Call as well! That was also incredibly beautiful!

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2014, 06:09PM »

I fell in love with Susan's voice from the start. I knew Susan would fit in perfectly the first time I listened to her on YouTube and bought her song "How You Imagined It to Be." Then I got to see her live on the Believe tour, and nearly cried when she sang Follow On. I was definitely not in that group of people who doubted her. I love what she brings to Celtic Woman, a Celtic Broadway Goddess. This version of TMAHM really blew me away when i heard it a few weeks ago.

I hope she sticks around for a long time. She's amazing! Not just her powerful voice, but her kind heart! I hope someone gets her version of The Call as well! That was also incredibly beautiful!

I hope that some of the new songs and older songs that were brought back for this tour are on this supposed 10 year anniversary special

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2014, 06:18PM »

I hope that some of the new songs and older songs that were brought back for this tour are on this supposed 10 year anniversary special

Me too!

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2014, 08:35PM »

Someone has posted a recording of Granuaile's Dance on YouTube, so I think it's appropriate to begin a thread like this for The Emerald Tour. Just post links of tour videos if you find any.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlgPzdbDNzk

Sing it, Susan!  That was incredible! Shocked  I prefer her version over Lisa's to be honest. Smiley  I hope The Call gets uploaded soon!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 04:30AM »

Listening to it again, just too lovely<3

To be objective, Susan was rather weak in her early days. It wasn't her fault, it was simply a lack of experience and proper training.Her two years with CW were kind of a big training and she developed in a short time extraordinarily fast. She sounded thin at some bits in early recordings, but she has developed a very unique timbre and she has a lot of power. She might develop into a very strong dramatic soprano*. If you listen to her part in O Tannenbaum, her first lines sound a little... weak, but she later shows her lovely voice. Susan isn't very stable, but she is very, very talented. And she never seems to loose her breathe. She is very strong and powerful.

*I think the only dramatic soprano with CW is Méav. Yes I DO think she is one. Her voice isn't too light, she is very easy to hear, even her highest note and one always recognizes her voice. Susan is very similar, yet less experienced, about a decade younger and with less training. But she is close to Méav at some points.

P. S.: Listening to that song over and over! Something I never did with Lisa's version (and I LOVE Lisa).

Lily Anna
Total Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2014, 07:44AM »

I just found this video--it has footage of The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun, Lynn's Dulaman and Newgrange. Definitely worth watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrB4CYFl_LA

Thanks, Shining Bright!
mishawakafan

A smile a little girl & her Papa will never forget

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2014, 09:21PM »

It's a cool video, but it has been posted already.

Lily Anna
Total Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2014, 09:28PM »

It's a cool video, but it has been posted already.
Oops! I must have missed that one!  Cheesy

Thanks, Shining Bright!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: