Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Emerald DVD  (Read 20310 times)
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 01:25AM »

I'll post a few more thoughts on the crowd shots....

First, we had a GREAT crowd there! As you can see from the DVD, people clapped along, cheered, gave standing Os. Children danced. I attended the Believe recording as well, and although the Fox Theatre had a bigger crowd, the Morris Theatre crowd had much more energy. CW may be taking full advantage of this by showing all of the excitement. They really couldn't have got a better crowd.

Second, regarding the side cameras. They had them posted sort of on the aisle between the orch pit and orch sections, but off to the side against the wall. those were the hand held. they could turn to the performers, and turn to the crowd. I think the issue is that they couldn't move much without getting into someone's view, or getting into the view of another camera. that meant that crowd shots were often taken from the same area instead of getting a wider dispersion.

Third. many of the crowd shots included my area and we were there on PBS pledges. Could they have taken PBS pledges into consideration when showing people in the crowd? Also the guy with the Notre Dame hat seemed popular and that's understandable since the University of Notre Dame is right down the road from the theatre there. That University, for those unfamiliar with it, has VERY strong Irish connections. It also has very strong Catholic connections, and CW seemed to make sure the Nuns in the pit got included in shots on Amazing Grace.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 06:05AM »

Well-said Mike!  Thanks for giving us an insight into the filming of this show, which explains many of the camera shot selections.  Smiley

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 09:30AM »

My only complaint is the subtitles. For some reason, they were on the whole time and I have NO idea how to get rid of them! And they annoyed the H E double hockey sticks out of me! They weren't correct to the lyrics sometimes and they weren't up to the speed of the music either! And whenever the girls sang in Irish it just said *singing in Gaelic* which REALLY annoyed me! The old subtitles were always proper and had the lyrics right and everything!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 05:38PM »

My only complaint is the subtitles. For some reason, they were on the whole time and I have NO idea how to get rid of them! And they annoyed the H E double hockey sticks out of me! They weren't correct to the lyrics sometimes and they weren't up to the speed of the music either! And whenever the girls sang in Irish it just said *singing in Gaelic* which REALLY annoyed me! The old subtitles were always proper and had the lyrics right and everything!

One of my DVD players does that, on every single DVD I have.  It turns on the subtitles and I have to go into the DVD menu and manually turn them off.  If I stop the DVD at any point, it turns them back on when I resume play.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: