Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazing in Asheville  (Read 4006 times)
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« on: March 07, 2014, 07:32PM »

Great show so far more to come tonight

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 10:57PM »

What a night. what a night. If only I could relive it..

Pre-show: My adventure started when I decided to take the afternoon off to go scout out the area of the Thomas Wolfe auditorium. I went back around to the back where the buses are and spotted a familiar face: Mairead N leaving the buss, followed by Ray and Mairead C. I asked her to sign my Fiddler crossing, which she did, graciously and, since I was wearing shorts, she asked me "aren't you cold" "No" I replied. "I'm from the north" to which Mairead C replied "I'm from the north... of Ireland" After this exchange I promised Mairead C that I would get her autograph after the show.
Later that evinng
 I got to the auditorum for the show just before the doors opened, and I went to my seat which was in the second row, the closet I've ever been. After settling in, I went up and greeted Mike Brown, whom I hadn't known was going to the concert until the day before.

The show:
Mairead N. She was magical, she gets better and better everytime. I'm still on cloud 9 after talking with her. I love the butterfly, as seeing I haven't heard it before. Granuailes dance. I pulled out my fiddler crossing sign for this and got a few seconds of eye contact and a smile from Mairead.

Lisa: She is a doll. she didn't seem to look at the front at the beginning but in Bridge over troubled water, yrmu and Mo Ghile mear, there was eye contact. I love her Dulaman

Susan: She is a powerhouse: i really do hope her version of the call is on the rumoured 10th anniversary DVD recording and her moons a harsh mistress.

Mairead C: She is a great addition and I do hope that she is here for many years to come. I love love love her voice, her personality and her energy. "i know my love" is a catchy song, only made better. words cat do justice

Celtic Woman would be a different show if it wasn't for the lovely choir and band. They owned their pieces, especially the dance number in act one and the finale. the only question I have is how old is Nicholas?

Post show: I decided to wait around the buses to try and catch a girl or two. Lisa was the only one that came by. She graciously signed my program and the booklet for a friend and took a few pictures with me. Just before she left, she gestured to my buttons and said "tell the forum I say hi" so Lisa syas hi.
- Dash (Sorry the review is bleh)

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 11:10PM »

Thanks for sharing. Hi back to our L'il Lambe.   Grin

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 02:50PM »

that was an excellent review.......I sooo wish I could have been there....and it`s official....you met Mike Brown(it`s a required initiation before seeing a CW show  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin)

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 03:04PM »

that was an excellent review.........and it`s official....you met Mike Brown
Yes, fine review and I wish I could have been there, also. (and at all the other shows, too Cheesy)
(Mike is an admiral in Lisa's Navy) Wink
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 04:53PM »

that was an excellent review.........and it`s official....you met Mike Brown
Yes, fine review and I wish I could have been there, also. (and at all the other shows, too Cheesy)
(Mike is an admiral in Lisa's Navy) Wink

I think I met him for the first time in 2012

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: