Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Girls are listing there Charities they like or support  (Read 2607 times)
GlenS

am admin at the all New Celticwomanforum.net

« on: March 09, 2014, 01:01PM »

Susan has posted on twitter her charity that she holds in her heart well read her own words they are much nicer then mine

Charity web site
http://littlehillanimalrescue.ie/

To make donations
http://www.sponsor.ie/charity/littlehill  

The other girls will be posting there's soon

Lisa's Charity is below and please read her note

www.alone.ie

Mairead Carlin's charity

http://www.rainbow-project.org/

This is Lynn's charity of choice

https://www.ciwf.org.uk/

Just a little note about my chosen charity which is CIWF (Compassion In World Farming) www.ciwf.com.

For we long as I can remember my family only bought 'free-range' eggs. I remember asking my mum why we did this as there were other eggs on sale that were a bit cheaper. She said that she didn't think it was fair to force the animals sit in a tiny cage where they could barely move and lay eggs all day. This has always stayed with me and I'm glad to have heard this truth at an early age as there are many ways in which we are almost forced to be blind to the truth about certain foods that we eat, in particular animal products. Before your food ends up nicely packaged on a shelf shouldn't we have the right to know exactly how it ended up there and how the animal that gave us that food (or its life) was treated. Most of us love animals and would hate to see one mistreated, we would intervene if we saw a dog or a cat being hurt by someone, it would upset us greatly, yet when it comes to something that ends up on our plate most of us are happy enough to turn a blind eye. I include myself in this! People shouldn't feel bad or guilty, it's just one of many ways that the society in which we were raised has subliminally encouraged us not to ask too many questions, but certain truths should be heard so that people can at least make informed and perhaps more compassionate decisions about the food they eat.
 What I love about Compassion In World Farming is that they target one of the most important areas of animal welfare; Factory Farming. In the United States, factory farms account for more than 99% of all farmed animals raised and slaughtered. This is an area in which we all play a part and in which we all have a say as consumers of this produce. It's so easy to make better choices which in turn will encourage greater compassion in farming. Consumer power is king and as long as consumers stay informed and choose right then the farming methods will continue to improve. I've seen massive changes in the last few years and especially in people's attitudes towards animal food products. In our tour bus we buy organic cage-free eggs, meat-free sausage patties and even the meat eaters have meat free days during the week, Susan is even going vegetarian for the whole tour! CIWF has a goal which I think is very achievable, it doesn't mean everyone has to be vegetarian all the time, this is not realistic! But hopefully people can become more aware, for example, reduce meat consumption (whoever told us that we needed it three times a day, every day was crazy, and wrong) ask for free-range or cage-free at a restaurant (I do this, to the embarrassment of everyone at my table), look at labelling and check for signs that the product is animal friendly (welfare certified, grassfed, free-range, organic etc.)
 Well once again I've gotten carried away, this was only supposed to be a few lines about why my chosen charity is CIWF. Please check them out, they do good realistic work that I think is important and very relevant.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:11PM by Glen » Logged

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 11:16AM »

I saw Mairead's yesterday on Twitter and followed her charity Smiley
I didn't see the other 2 tweets though... I'll have to check them out

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: