Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JAMES' HAPHAZARD ACCOUNTING OF CONCERT EXPERIENCE  (Read 7550 times)
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« on: March 22, 2014, 07:48PM »

Although  I'm   often  known  as  loquatious in  my  description  of  things, I've  never  had  the  discipline  to  do  a  very  in  depth  summary of  a  concert . Although, I've  tried  in  the  past, I've decided  to  stick to  random impressions.  I  bused  it  to  downtown  st.Paul  where I  met  up with  my  friend  at  a pre  determined  location. My  friend  Denise  and  I  had  time  to  kill before  we  picked  up  Sarah  at  her  place, so  we  stopped  and  ate  at  a  good   Italian  joint called  DeMori's. I  had  their  signature  lasagna  and  we  both  had  raspberry cheesecake  for  dessert. It  was  still  a  bit  too  early, so we  went  back  to  her place  and  visited  with  her  dad  whom  she  lives  with.  We  then  headed  out  to  Sarah's  place. We stopped  at  a local  Walgreens  to  pick up  a  couple  of  items so we  wouldn't  be  too early. We  found  Sarah's  place  just  fine. because  Denise  had  made  a  dry  run  out  to Sarah's  address two  days  previously  so  there  would  be  no  hitches  the  day of.  We  got  Sarah  at  5:00  and  proceeded  to  our  concert  venue-  the  X Cel Energy  Center  where  CW  goes  to  every  other  year.  (alternating  with  Minneapolis  for  that honor)   We  found  a  parking  spot right  near  the  venue . Sarah  gave  me  a  couple  of  fan forum  buttons -MC  and  Susan-  which  I  proudly  pinned  to  my  MEAV  shirt. I  wore  MEAV  to  commemorate  the  10  year  anniversary   of  CW's  existence.  We  had  fun  chatting  about  the  gals and our  other  concert  experiences.   Sarah  had  bought  a ticket  to  get in  the  door but she  got to share  my  other  M&G   pass because  my  friend  is  not  into  m&Gs...too shy  I  guess.  She  just likes  the  music. I  know  the  part  of  not being  an  M&G  person  is  foreign to  us...but to  each  her  own.  Anyway, Sarah  and I  found the line  up spot for  the M&G . We  had  met  up with  a  few  other  hard  core  CWazies too-  the other  Sarah, a fellow named  Noah..and  one  other I  can't  remember  off hand.  There  were  about  20 of  us  altogether.  The  CW management   had    all us  herded  through in  about  20  minutes  tops, I  think .  I  wasn't  even  able  to  give  the  gals  the  gifts  I  gave  them  directly, as  I  had  to  surrender  them  to  the  venue  security folks.  I  can only  trust  our  ladies  actually  got  them .  I  clasped Lynn's  and  MC's  hands- Lynn I  welcomed  back  and  MC  I  welcomed into  the  CW  family.  I  gave  Susan  and  Mairead  N.  hugs  because I  was  more  familiar  with  them.  Our  Fairy  Fiddler  commented  that  she  liked  my  MEAV  shirt and  Susan  duly  noted  the  "old school"  signifigance  of  it.   Sarah  and  I  had  toyed with  the  idea  of  "stage-dooring"  after  the  show, but  the large  size  of  the  stadium  and  the  cool  temps dissuaded  us from  doing  so  in  the  end.  As far as  the  concert  itself, I  can  only  say  that it was  well  worth  the  expense  and  rigmarole that went  into  it.  I  won't  repeat the  song  breakdowns which  a  few  more  "verbose"  people  than  I  did  so  well.  I  will say, though, that  the   CW-BEST  OF format rocked. I was   singing along to  most  of  the  songs  and  I'm  sure  that  was seen  and  acknowledged  more  than  once  by  the  ladies.  One  note, though...we all know  that  our  Fairy  Fiddler  is  a  high  energy  person- this  is  well  established -  but  she  was  in  extra  high  octane  form that  night. Mairead  played  her  instrument  like  a  mad, possessed    she demon  on  a mission.   Grin    BTW....Mairead's   Act  1  dress  is  now tied  for  my 2nd  fave  CW  dress  ever!   Those who  know  me  best  here  can fill in  those blanks .  All the  gals  had  gorgeous  dresses  and  performed  at  their  usual  high  level.  at  intermission, Sarah  found  a  seat  by  Noah and Sarah  right  behind  me  and  Denise. This  made  the  2nd  half  more  fun.  This  is  a  funny  part- towards the  end  of the  show  sarah was  worried  that  she  might  cry during   YRMU. But  as  it  turned  out, she  was  just  fine and I'm  the  one  who  wept.   Cheesy   After  the  show, we  had  a tricky  time  finding  the  car because  the  X Cel Center  makes  you go  out  a different  way out  than when  you came  in. After  about  a half hour  of  searching, we  finally  found  the  car to our  relief.  The  3  of  us just  laughed  it  off. It  made more sense  for  Denise  to drop me  home  first because  she  lives  closer  to  Sarah  than  to  me. This  gave  sarah  an  opportunity to meet  Snuggles. They  took  a  shining  to  each other  right  away.( Snuggles  has  always been  a  ladies' cat)   Cheesy  Although there  were  glitches  and  minor  disappointments along  the  way,  it  was  a wonderful  afternoon  and  evening  of  experiences I will never  forget.  The  CW  gals  were  great, and  I  was  in  the  company  of  a couple  of cool ladies  with  whom  I feel  very comfortable.  I wouldn't trade  that  night for  anything.   Cool   .....addendum ....  I  was  four  rows  back  center  stage .
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:59AM by Raving Meaviac » Logged

oregongirl29
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 09:17PM »

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 09:21PM »

Thank  you  Tonya !   Cheesy  I  look  like  a  pretty  happy guy , eh ?    Grin   

oregongirl29
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 09:45PM »

Your Welcome and Yep.  Grin
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 10:41AM »

Thanks, James.  That was great!  I like those impressions and thoughts.  That's the kind of review I do.  I am so jealous seeing your hand on Mairead C's shoulder.  Wink  I am still hoping for a M&G at this late stage.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 10:51AM »

Thanks  Hubert...and  nope ...I  can't  blame  you .  Grin     note ......  I  forgot  to  mention  that  my  crowd was  very   into  it- quite  lively. And  I  think  the  gals  sensed  it  and  tried  even  harder. In  retrospect, also , it  turned  out  to  be  a  good  thing that  they  had  their  own  pro  shutterbug  to do  the  honors, because  it  turned  out  better than  from my  disposable  camera   would  have.

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 11:15AM »

Just thought of a question, James.  During TAR did Lynn or Mairead C. sit in anyone's lap?

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 11:45AM »

Just thought of a question, James.  During TAR did Lynn or Mairead C. sit in anyone's lap?
  Sweet  MC  did before  she  went  on  stage.   

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 03:54PM »

Thanks James, I enjoyed your "haphazard" account very much. The girls look stunning - and yes, you do look happy. No one would be able to wipe the smile off my face after that. Someday, maybe.

I particularly like Lynn's dress. She looks even more beautiful than I remember.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 04:12PM »

Thanks James, I enjoyed your "haphazard" account very much. The girls look stunning - and yes, you do look happy. No one would be able to wipe the smile off my face after that. Someday, maybe.

I particularly like Lynn's dress. She looks even more beautiful than I remember.
   She  does ...doesn't she .   Smiley      Glad  you  enjoyed !

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 06:18AM »

is it okay to be totally jealous not only because you met the girls but Sarah, too??? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 03:43PM »

is it okay to be totally jealous not only because you met the girls but Sarah, too??? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
    Snuggles  met  Sarah  too...lucky  kitty .....    Grin

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 09:11AM »

Sweet  MC  did before  she  went  on  stage.   

YAY for that lucky guy!!!!!

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 08:07PM »

Kev, I've met James before..

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 10:04PM »

Kev, I've met James before..

It's  true ....  but it  was  Snuggles'  first  time.   Wink   

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: