Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Christmas Celebration DVD - Let's hear the reviews  (Read 60140 times)
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2007, 05:04PM »

Well I do sing it when I hear it on my iPod...

I had to stop myself though!! Shocked

I almost did the 'Turn the Lights Way down low' Move Cheesy..

I don't think it would look good with all the jaws at work dropping on the floor all at once Cheesy

kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2007, 06:47AM »

Hey...thats right...we have new moves! Grin

Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2007, 08:14PM »

I loved when they all turned in one direction when Orlagh got what I *think* was a new solo? 
Yes, Orla did get a new solo in O Holy Night.  Orla got a bigger solo in Christmas Pipes as well.

Katie

« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2007, 09:04PM »

Had to go to four different stores to find the Christmas DVD!  I was sad to see that not many places carried it!   Huh
I watched it 3 times in a row because people kept walking in at the end and wanted to see it again!  Of course they didn't have to twist my arm too much-I could watch and/or listen to CW 24/7 and not get tired of it!!!  The costumes, set, and lighting were amazing, and of course so were the girls Cheesy  Loved "Let It Snow"!

Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2007, 09:35PM »

Welcome Katie!  Glad you liked it!

I got the DVD yesterday...a tad late, yes....but it was worth it! 

Let it Snow......oh my gosh...... Cheesy

The overall appearance of the DVD wasn't like I'd expected, I have to say.  At first it disappointed the slightest bit, but then it made me happy!  You love the DVD more the second time around, eh?

Green the Whole Year 'Round ROCKS!  Gonna have to extract the track for my MP3.....

The Little Drummer Boy...with the chorus parting....it was so neat!  Loved it!

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
CTofer

« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2007, 10:15PM »

The Little Drummer Boy...with the chorus parting....it was so neat!  Loved it!

Also my fave on it  Grin  Grin  Grin
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2007, 11:08AM »

Noticed the part where Méav adds a 'Ding dong, ding dong' on Carol of the Bells.  And that last note.  Dearie me, she can sure go high on that soprano of hers!

But that's obvious. Roll Eyes

Oh....I miss her....

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2007, 02:05PM »

So how different is CotB from the cd to dvd?
doernle

Por Amor Al Arte

« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2007, 02:36PM »

I have to say that this DVD awoke the christmas feeling in me.
Before that I was in no mood for christmas, I just was thinking, 'Christmas..., oh no, that's gonna be a lot of stress again', now that I have the DVD I'm really enjoying the time.
And I have to say, I'm actually not so fond of christmas songs but the way those girls sing and play those songs for us just makes me love christmas songs.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2007, 04:09PM »

So how different is CotB from the cd to dvd?

CotB on the CD is Mairead's solo. On the DVD it is the opening song with all the girls, chorus, and band.

Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2007, 08:24PM »

OK. Sorry for another questian, Embarrassed but is CotB on the cd JUST Mairead playing (instremental) or do they have the chorus singing as well?
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2007, 10:53AM »

The chorus is singing too.  Wink

Thanks Lindsey
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2007, 05:17PM »

The Chorus on the CD with CotB is Aontas Choral Ensemble

Remember, the Christmas CD was CW's second CD, even though ANJ had been filmed, in August, I think the CD was recorded before that.  So it was before we had our now familar CW Chorus. Cheesy

Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2007, 07:34PM »

Gotya. Thanks!
Katie

« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2007, 10:16PM »

I have to say that even though I like Christmas music, I can only take it in small doses usually.  CW Christmas Celebration is like a breath of fresh air because it's a fresh way of doing songs we've all heard a million times.  Only now I hear other artists sing the same songs, and I can't help but think "CW does it so much better."  I could listen to it and watch the DVD over and over again and it never gets old!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: