Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My First CW Concert  (Read 5993 times)
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« on: April 27, 2014, 03:57AM »

For a review, I really don't know what to say that hasn't been said already. So I'm just going to attempt to write about my first CW concert experienced.

My grandma came along with me because she really likes CW and CT's music. She always asked me to play "You Raise Me Up" every time she visits; that's her favorite. And I never get to do anything with her where it's just us.

We drove from St. Joseph, Missouri to Lawrence, Kansas. We left at 4:30 PM and the concert started at 7:30. The drive there was horrible. We almost hit a car 5 times. The ride would of only been an hour and 18 minutes if we hadn't of missed our exit. We didn't know where we were going, so we stopped at a nearby McDonald's and asked for directions. We didn't think we were going to make it, but we ended up getting there in time with time to spare.

I got our tickets late because I didn't know Lawrence was so close to Missouri until I was watching "Emerald" on my local PBS station and they were talking about it. When I went to purchase the tickets there were no floor seats left, so we had to get 2nd balcony seats. I was worried that we weren't going to be able to see, but when we got to our seats I was shocked. We could see the whole stage and everything clearly. They were better than I expected. Note: the stage looked better in real life than in the photo... stupid phone. Angry

When the concert started, I was shaking with excitement. Off and on through the concert I felt like bursting into tears (even in songs that weren't sad or slow like "Dúlamán") because I was overwhelmed by hearing them sing and seeing them on stage in person. Before I knew it, act 1 was over. It went by so fast.

My favorite song was "The Call". It was originally my favorite CW song anyway, but the new version could have of possibly topped it; which I never thought I'd ever say. Words cannot describe. I love how they changed the background music and made it into a solo instead of a group number. My grandma's favorite, of course, was "You Raise Me Up". But she really liked "The Call" too. I managed to record the full audio from "The Call" (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0KunGPyy6uw). You can hear my grandma say, "Wow." at the end. Lol Cheesy

Some of my grandmas comments that I remembered were:
Dúlamán - "What song is this?"
Newgrange - "She has a beautiful voice."
Amazing Grace - "That gave me chills."
Mo Ghile Mear - "I can't pronounce that."
The Call - "Wow."
About Máiréad N - "Is she barefoot?" and "She can play that really good. I'm surprised her little arms don't get tired!"
I think it's safe to say that CW has gained a new CWazy fan. She really enjoyed herself.

After the concert, we were starved, so we stopped at a McDonald's in Lawrence. We were discussing who had the best voice. I couldn't decide because they all have beautiful and incomparable voices. I asked my grandma what she thought and first she said Lynn, then she said she was leaning towards "the blonde", then she said she couldn't decide. The drive back was better than the drive there. We got home at 12:00 AM and I was exhausted, but still too excited about the concert to go to sleep.

Overall, I had a good time, the girls were great and I'm really glad I got to see them live after 2 1/2 years of waiting.

Thanks for reading and I really hope I didn't put you to sleep!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:04PM by Chandler Mattson » Logged
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 04:29AM »

You didn't put me to sleep Chandler. On the other hand, I forgot to take my sleeping meds last night so it's gonna be a long day. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Great review. Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 04:33AM »

You didn't put me to sleep Chandler. On the other hand, I forgot to take my sleeping meds last night so it's gonna be a long day. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Great review. Smiley
Lol! Cheesy

Thank you, Jared. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 04:51AM by Chandler Mattson » Logged
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 04:48AM »

Put  me   to  sleep....?   Hardly !    Cheesy    Your descriptions   sound  as  energetic as  all the  feelings  that must  have   been  going through  you.  I  remember when  you  first  came into  the forum how  you  so very  much  wished  for this  day  and  it  finally  came  for  you. I am  very  happy  for  you !   Smiley   And  since  that  time, you  have  been  an  active   and  well  liked  member. It  sounds  to  me that  all that  rigamarole  was worth  it  in  the  end,  eh ?   Your  grandma  sounds  like  a  real hoot !   Cheesy   ( a  perfect  testament   to  how  CW  touches  such  a  wide  variety  of  people)  I  am  glad  she  is  one  of  us  and  that  you  got to  spend  such quality time  with  her.  And  that  link  you  added  is  pretty  good  quality  too, considering  where  you  where  seated. Sounds  like  the  accoustics  were  good  in  your  venue.  Thank  you  for  sharing  your  experience  Chandler.   Cool

Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 04:56AM »

Thank you for the nice feedback, James! Grin

And I also remember when I first joined, you were the first to welcome me to the forum. Smiley
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 05:57AM »

thanks for sharing.  We have seen quite a few shows .... the excitement is still there for us. I am always amazed how fast the show goes by.

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
sunflower
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 08:30PM »

Congratulations on attending your first CW concert!
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 09:35PM »

Thank you, Chandler. I am so glad you got to share that experience with your grandma. It's something you both will treasure always. It's always interesting to read other people's impressions - everyone sees something a little different. I enjoyed yours very much.

In fact, your descriptions remind me a lot of my first show a little more than a year ago. Of course I knew all the songs from the DVDs, but you just can't imagine how stunning it is until you see it for yourself in person. I have my third and fourth shows coming up next month, and I know my heart will still be pounding just like yours was. Seeing them in person doesn't really quench your desire to do it again - in fact, it makes it worse.  Cheesy

I hope you get a chance to meet the ladies someday. From everything I've heard, they are just the kindest, nicest people. That's the next dream to come true. Hope the wait is shorter for that one.   Wink

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Jack

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 06:37AM »

Nice review, Chandler!  Next stop, FRONT ROW with M&G!  I agree with TS'man that it was great that you got to share your experience with your grandmother.  We took our two granddaughters to a concert and had a ball, front row, M&G.  The oldest ended up talking makeup with Mairead N!  Cheesy  The youngest fell in love with Chloe and got a specially autographed photo just for her-----!  Two new fans for life, memories for us old folks.

Start planning now for that front row seat with M&G and remember, it is not easy being a CW fan!  Smiley
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 08:57AM »

thanks for sharing.  We have seen quite a few shows .... the excitement is still there for us. I am always amazed how fast the show goes by.

I can attest, I'm going to my seventh show in June and I am still super excited

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 02:03PM »

Thank you for the kind comments everyone! Grin
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 12:39PM »

I've been away a few days and now I find your review of your very first show.  YAY, Chandler.  I am so happy for you.  I will never forget my first CW show over six years ago.  The memories are as vivid as ever.  Now you have something to treasure for a lifetime.  As others have said the next step is front row with M&G.  Once you are hooked that is the only option.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 02:25PM »

I've been away a few days and now I find your review of your very first show.  YAY, Chandler.  I am so happy for you.  I will never forget my first CW show over six years ago.  The memories are as vivid as ever.  Now you have something to treasure for a lifetime.  As others have said the next step is front row with M&G.  Once you are hooked that is the only option.
Thanks, Hubert. I will try to get front row with M&G next time. Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: