Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Milwaukee, May 3rd  (Read 3299 times)
Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

Paint With All the Colors of the Wind...

« on: May 04, 2014, 05:54PM »

Review is soon to come, guys! But first, I just have to say WOW. The costumes, the choir and musicians, and the girls were unbelievable! AMAZING son selection and the crowd was completely nuts! (back me up on that, anyone who was there!) I think the girls were blown away at the audience's energetic reaction, but it was absolutely well deserved. Once again, review soon to come!

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 06:02PM »

I can't wait, I love reading reviews, wheather they be long or short.

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
GlenS

am admin at the all New Celticwomanforum.net

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 07:59PM »

Review is soon to come, guys! But first, I just have to say WOW. The costumes, the choir and musicians, and the girls were unbelievable! AMAZING son selection and the crowd was completely nuts! (back me up on that, anyone who was there!) I think the girls were blown away at the audience's energetic reaction, but it was absolutely well deserved. Once again, review soon to come!

Yes we raised the roof a few times and you could see it in the girls as they would try and talk and couldn't because of the clapping and everyone on there feet it was wild but the Girls had it coming as they always give there all so now we repaid them

Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

Paint With All the Colors of the Wind...

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 09:31PM »

Yes we raised the roof a few times and you could see it in the girls as they would try and talk and couldn't because of the clapping and everyone on there feet it was wild but the Girls had it coming as they always give there all so now we repaid them
My thoughts, exactly, Glen! The crowd was cheering so loudly that the poor girls could barely get a word in edgewise! I think that they appreciated the enthusiasm, though, they definitely seemed blown away  Smiley
OKAY- here we go.
Part 1:
The Riverside is a gorgeous theatre right across from an irish pub (how appropriate.) The line was pretty long getting into the theatre when we arrived at 6 30, but it motored along pretty quickly. Our seats were 4th row, left center on the isle (I was totally freaking out when we sat down.) We weren't sure if the show started at 7 or  30, so we waited and just observed the decorative little theatre until David's voice made the standard announcement. Excitement was really setting in at this point.
The lights dimmed, and the crowd went wild. Ray came out on stage, and that riled us up even more! Mairead appears in the lone spotlight and begins the intro for The Sky and The Dawn and The Sun. I'm nearly shaking, it's been so long since I'd seen that song live.It had been nearly four years since i'd seen Lynn live, so I was really excited when she appeared. The girls all have such a gorgeous blend, and I was so excited that they kept the second verse. This song is still a blur as to me freaking out a bit Smiley
Lynn came back out with a green-ish sash on her dress, and began the flawless acapella Gaelic of An Chailin Alainn which lead into her amazing rendition of Dulaman. The crowd definitely loved this one, and I absolutely loved the slower Gaelic beginning.
Mairead came out and began to speak to us. She seems very comfortable on stage, and she told us to imagine ourselves 5000 years ago in Ireland at the burial ground of Newgrange. I was so excited to hear this piece again, and I definitely loved Mairead's version! Her voice fits it very well.
The Butterfly! What more needs to be said? I think most of the crowd was familiar with Mairead because they went nuts the minute she started playing! This is one of my favorite Mairead solos. the audience was having a blast, even if rhythmic clapping wasn't our strongest suit Cheesy
Tommy Martin always has a way of speaking to the audience without actually saying anything. The New Ground was so moving in it's own way. Right after, thunder crashed and the choir echoed their "sail away's." The girls came out and performed their flawless Orinoco Flow, with the cool powerhouse variations in the middle of the song. I think Lynn smiled at me on this one, so minorly freaking out about that too Smiley
Susan nailed The Moon's a Harsh Mistress. I really began to understand that she is a powerhouse voice, so that song fit her voice really well.
Bagpipes sounded, and Anthony appeared in our isle while proceeding to the stage. Amazing grace got a standing o' from a bunch of people, and it was definitely a tear jerker. I was again listening to the blend of the three girls and thinking that they are always able to move the audiences, every single show. There is definitely magic within.
Si do Mhaimeo i as a duet completely rocked. Mairead and Lynn have very different voices, but both fit so well on this song. Their blend was great, and I was so glad they brought it back.
The drumboxes were out! The percussionists and male dancers/choir members (holy talented) did a crowd-firing intro to TAR. All of a sudden, I heard Lynn's voice, and turned around to see her making her way down our isle (man, we picked the right spot to be!) looking for a guy. She sat down on the lap of a guy a few rows behind us, then skipped her way onto the stage, dueling it out with Mairead. Susan finally stepped in and silenced them, and the crowd was really fired at that point. I could really see the closeness of this whole crew during this song. It received a scattered standing o', and then the lights came up for intermission. This was already an amazing night, and there was still a whole other half to go!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: