Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Green The Whole Year Round  (Read 44471 times)
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2007, 02:03PM »

I like that screen cap.  The expression on her face fits the lyrics perfectly.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
btimerson
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2007, 02:13PM »

Thanks!

It's not hard finding pictures of Lisa that are great - she is SO photogenic.   Grin Grin

We all should be so lucky.   Wink

Brad T

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2007, 04:51PM »

Thanks!

It's not hard finding pictures of Lisa that are great - she is SO photogenic.   Grin Grin

We all should be so lucky.   Wink

Brad T

reason why I don't want my pic taken anymore than I have too  Wink

CurlyandGreen

« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2007, 10:41PM »

I LOVE this song.  Plus, it has the word "green" in it about a hundred times (not really, but ya get what I mean), so I'm a little bit biased.

"You must do the things you think you cannot do."
         -Eleanor Roosevelt

We Hail Thee, Carolina
fishloveslisa

« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2007, 10:28AM »

Yeah, i was pretty thrilled about the whole "Green" factor, too!
Right up until my favorite color changed to YELLOW... Cheesy Cheesy
But i still say green is a favorite color, even if it's not the favorite color. Grin

But back to the song, yes it IS amazing!!! For the first couple weeks, i had to listen to it and The First Noel every morning before i could go through my day. It's just that uplifting, inspiring, beautiful... everything. It makes any negative emotion flow out of your body until its beauty captures you, and stays with you, if you will let it. I don't think i've ever had a bad day after i've listened to Green the Whole Year 'Round. SmileySmiley
I really need to pick up that habit again. CheesyGrin Welcome to the world of driving my family crazy. Grin

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2007, 11:42AM »

That's why I turned the captioning on when I grabbed this image.....
I LOVE Lisa's expression!   Grin

Brad T
Thanks BT for that screen cap. I also tried to do a screen cap and for some reason I can't get the caption stuff to work right. This is one of the best CW screen caps.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2007, 11:44AM »

I LOVE this song.  Plus, it has the word "green" in it about a hundred times (not really, but ya get what I mean), so I'm a little bit biased.
I wonder if Al Gore has heard of this song and what he thinks   Cheesy

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2007, 11:57AM »

Sorry for bringing this old thread up (especially since that is discouraged in Forum Decorum)
Going a bit off topic with this question, sorry. But is this in regard to "bumping"? When I reviewed the forum decorum as requested in the little box to the left, I read this there but wasn't exactly sure what it meant. So I looked it up on the net and thought I had a good idea. Maybe I was wrong though? My interpretation wasn't that threads are banned from further discussion. I understand it to mean that you don't want a topic with a bunch of stuff repeated by the same person over and over just to keep a discusion up on the same topic.

For example, in a chat on aol, this one lady was obsessed with Terri Schivo. She kept bringing it up, and kept repeating her same arguments over and over and over. Even after we had discussed it in length and had moved on to other topics. She really became irratating with it and it distracted from the ongoing current discussion.

But say on this forum if we bring up something new about something. Say in "book nook" we could post about some new book, even though no one has posted in "book nook" for a while. BUT, if someone were to post about the last Harry Potter book, something that was discussed in length before and is dated, now THAT would be the kind of thing frowned upon? Thats my interpretation anyway.

btimerson
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2007, 12:04PM »

Thanks BT for that screen cap. I also tried to do a screen cap and for some reason I can't get the caption stuff to work right. This is one of the best CW screen caps.

There are usually 2 ways to get captions.  On the Menu of the DVD, you can choose to turn captioning On or Off.  And, on many DVD remote controls, there is a button to turn captioning On and Off.  I like the remote way better because you can switch on captioning "on the go".

Brad

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2007, 12:06PM »

[O/T]
There's nothing inherently wrong with replying to an old post or thread.  The practice of "post bumping" refers to the user who posts something merely to push that thread back to the top of the list, and not because they have anything significant or constructive to add.  On some forums, you'll see such posts, usually accompanied by something very profound, like - ::BUMP::.   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Celtic Liz
Total Fanatic

Congrats Lisa and the Family! Welcome Ellie!

« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2007, 12:11PM »

well since Lisa has sang this song and I've heard it green i is my favorite color now! Smiley I think that the song has mixed feelings in it and i like it

made by JRRacing
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2007, 02:00AM »

I love that screencap!  I love Lisa's expression there whenever I watch the dvd.  It always strikes a chord for me too because of those I've lost.

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
loveCW

« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2007, 06:18PM »

Oh my goodness. That's a beautiful screencap! Wow...

Ok, I'm emotional now!!!

It's awesome!!!! And true...

Decode....

billsboo123

« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2007, 08:54AM »

i love that quote it is amazing and the pic is amazing Cheesy
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2007, 11:11AM »

Wow that really is a great screen cap and her face expression is so perfect. That just shows the true talent of the wonderful Lisa Kelly and how she takes a simple line and makes it into a huge emotion.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: