Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Green The Whole Year Round  (Read 44689 times)
Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2007, 02:13PM »

When I got the DVD late last night and watched it, this became my new favorite Christmas song. I just wish I could get this song on my iPod. I don't have the technology or the skill to get it on.

Thanks Mel!
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2007, 03:00PM »

*Happy Sigh*  Just finished watching the DVD. Green the Whole Year Round, what can I say, beautifully composed and beautifully sung, as was the entire DVD.  I think this one's my favorite DVD.   Smiley

I loved how Green the Whole Year Round goes through the seasons, time does go by so fast.  It reminded me that each day is a gift.  I needed to be reminded of that.  Thank you to CW for a wonderful early Christmas gift. 

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Sunbeam

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2007, 08:56PM »

All I needed to know was that Lisa sings it.  For some reason, I love EVERY song she sings.  Usually, I pick and choose what songs I like and listen to, but Lisa's songs don't give me a choice.  Kudos to David for matching her voice so well with the songs she sings.

And the song, "Green the Whole Year Round," is FANTABULOUS!!!  But, of course, I knew it would be: because Lisa sings it.

*sighs happily*  Smiley
m.k.c.
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2007, 12:50AM »

Yes this is an excellent song, and Lisa did an outstanding job with it. She did well with the Christmas Song too! Those sort of meaningful songs like the blessing and the Christmas song, where David does the accompanyment for her, are really starting to form a very successful event on every show / dvd. I bet the next show for 2008 will also include such a song. I can hardly wait to see what song they do. Of course they need to dodge the eventual Captain and Tenniele jokes  Cheesy

*pictures Lisa and David singing "Love Will Keep Us Together"*

That would amuse me in the greatest way. I too am completely in support of this song being released either on a CD or as a single LP. Although I think "In the Bleak Midwinter" and "The First Noel" need to be added on a CD as well. I'm sure it will happen eventually. "All things come to those who wait" or so they say.

Oh, and in response to
Kudos to David for matching her voice so well with the songs she sings.

If you look at the DVD notes you'll see that David actually wrote the song. So, not only can he match songs with her voice, but he can write songs that suit her voice perfectly.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 12:52AM by m.k.c. » Logged
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2007, 01:16PM »

I loved how Green the Whole Year Round goes through the seasons, time does go by so fast.  It reminded me that each day is a gift.  I needed to be reminded of that.  Thank you to CW for a wonderful early Christmas gift. 
Yes when she sang it and the "time goes by so fast" line showed on the screen it made me think a lot too. Two things really popped into my head. First, right after my Mom died, I was having lunch with some family, and my one cousin was there. He is a bit older than I am, and in fact he was my music teacher in high school. He had just gone through some major health issues. So he had recently thought about some things. I said something like "time sure does fly" and he said "wait to you get to be my age, it will seem like your whole life went by in a blink of an eye" That sort of stuck with me, not just what he said, but the way he said it, and the context of my Mom's death and his own life threatening health issues. Second, a few months back, I read that my one music teacher in elementary school had died. This surprised me, as he was only 54. But one thing about him is that he would always get very mad. Little things really got to him. Perhaps teaching young children was not a profession congruent with his personality. But maybe this is a lesson - "don't sweat the small stuff" type thing.

I am thinking of doing a screen grab on the part of the song with the "time goes by so fast" line written on it and use it as a sort of motivating thing when I get lazy. Maybe even print it out and put it somewhere in a frame.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Sara

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2007, 02:44PM »

Time certainly does go by too fast. And what you said about "don't sweat the small stuff" is a good lesson we can all learn. There are so many tradegies in the world that puts some of our daily annoyances in perspective. I do think that people who have experienced  a major life alterating event; could be health, death of a loved one, accident, loss of a job, etc.; these people have a different outlook on the small petty stuff.

My we all enjoy Green The Whole Year Round wishing everyone a great year!
Sara
lisakellyfan101

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2007, 03:31PM »

Lisa can sing any song beautifully. i love her solos in the CW christmas addition. love i cried through the dvd when i heard her and meav sing..awwwwwwwwww..i cant wxplain it just beautiful..
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2007, 04:23PM »

I do think that people who have experienced  a major life alterating event; could be health, death of a loved one, accident, loss of a job, etc.; these people have a different outlook on the small petty stuff.
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more.  I see too many people get aggrivated over small things, I would hate to see them when something big happens.
Since my mom died I def. let alot of smaller things go because if you let them get to you, you'll never enjoy anything in life.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2007, 04:26PM »

I had this song in my head all day long at work.

This weekend I got to get a CD made up of the DVD songs, especially this one.

chickie.monkey
Total Fanatic

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2007, 06:13PM »

I'm in love.

That song is already in high rotation on my IPod. Love it!!!

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2007, 07:19PM »

How do you get the songs from the DVD to CD?

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2007, 07:30PM »

Yes, this is definitely an immediate favorite for me too, her voice is especially amazing in it.  It's a gorgeous song, and the lyrics are so true and really powerful when you think about it.  I've only watched it once so far since I just got the dvd today, but I'll be watching it again before I go to bed. Smiley

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2007, 07:42PM »

I do think that people who have experienced  a major life alterating event; could be health, death of a loved one, accident, loss of a job, etc.; these people have a different outlook on the small petty stuff.

I couldn't agree more.  I see too many people get aggrivated over small things, I would hate to see them when something big happens.
Since my mom died I def. let alot of smaller things go because if you let them get to you, you'll never enjoy anything in life.
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. I love this song for that reason. Several years ago I lost a cousin who was much younger than me. She was a very talented, smart, and gregarious young girl who was taken from us at the age of 14 very suddenly. It changed me. I now stop and look. There is beauty all around us. Be it an open field, a beautiful piece of architecture, or a childs laugh. You just have to stop and see it. Time doesn't go by fast we just get too busy to notice it's passing. Yet another reason I love CW, they make me stop, and notice.  

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2007, 07:55PM »

Since I started listening to Celtic Woman and coming on the forum, I feel that I am much more mellow than I was before. Like driving to work - I really notice a beautiful sky, a corn field,etc. I really think their music has inspired me to "stop and smell the roses".
"Green The Whole Year Round" - what can I say? A beautiful song sung by a very beautiful lady!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Joan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2007, 08:03PM »

Green the Whole Year Round makes me reflect on our children. Sometimes we can take lessons from small children. They are so innocent. Look in their eyes and you can see a child who just emulates
pure love for everyone. Before they are subjected to what life has to offer them they will love unconditionaly. That is the beauity of loving a child. We want to protect them from all the negative things that will take away their innocence. Somehow when Lisa sings this song, you can feel safe from the outside world.
Joan
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: