Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazing in Albany a.k.a I'm almost I the double digits  (Read 5213 times)
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« on: June 04, 2014, 09:01PM »

So my adventure started in April when someone from the Mairead forum let me know that w had a ticket to this show that he wasn't going to be able to use and was giving away for no cost. I took him up on his offer. This show puts me at 7

Pre-show. My day began with an almost uneventful bus ride up from New York City, the main event was watching a storm roll in over Albany and I can only assume that the Irish brought the weather. Upon arriving at the venue I had a nice chat with Mr. Peabody (Mike Brown) and I appologized the loss of his friend.

The show.

The set list was almost identical to tr show I went to in march the only difference being Lagan love was performed instead of bridge over troubled water. I love love love this years set list. It has many favourites including g wealthy widow and sds.

Mairead N.

Mairead never ceases to amaze me. On this tour as many people have noticed she hasn't been moving around as much. Despite this she still commands the stage. One instance in articulate that stood out is at the beginning of granita isles dance she gestures with her bow strengthening her similarities to Tinkerbell. Since I was so close to the stage I was the recipient of many smiles and I even recived the famed look.

Mairead C.

I love her voice. It's so clear and pure. In the intro to TAR her facial expressions remind me of a sibling that has been wronged. I recived many a glance from her. During I know my love she looked at me and sang "what will I do?"

Susan

I noticed that Susan has become more comfortable as a performer. I am so happy she sings the moons a harsh mistress because it is a special song for me. She never fails to blow me out of the water and her acting skills are evident through out the show. At the end of Orinoco flow she looked at me, smiled and raised her eyebrows in greeting.

Lynn

I am so glad I was able to see her again farm yet so long. Lagan love was just as haunting as it was four years ago. She has definitely come out of her shell. At the and of wealthy widow as she was exiting the stage, she turned and looked at Craig and continued flirting with him. Her acting skills were also up to par. She played the young girl going to Galway perfectly.

Choir and band

The choir and band  was amazing as usual.

To be continued

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 01:38PM »

Thanks for the review! I notice that both the Mairéads tweeted pictures from Albany and noted how great it is there. Mai C said she didn't want to leave. I haven't been there in a very long time, have they fixed up downtown? I don't remember it being quite so impressive.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 07:11PM »

Thanks for the review! I notice that both the Mairéads tweeted pictures from Albany and noted how great it is there. Mai C said she didn't want to leave. I haven't been there in a very long time, have they fixed up downtown? I don't remember it being quite so impressive.

I went to high school just outside of albany and I noticed quite a change. I really liked the venue as well so if they play at a good time for me it's definitely on the list of shows I may go to

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: