Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brace yourselves, good things are coming...  (Read 33328 times)
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« on: October 08, 2014, 06:45PM »

...for me and unfortunately, that may mean I might be on here less. Undecided

As some of you know, I have Asperger's Syndrome, a form of high-functioning Autism. I took my CompTIA A+ Certification and have been looking for work doing technical support. I've done some for friends locally.

I have recently and extensively been working with a CRUCIAL organization doing some work for them, and I presented a bit of my life story, some of my goals, and my opinions on disabilities and advocacy for us (3 1/2 minutes worth) at their major fundraiser over a week ago. That day I had 3-4 different organizations in the city want to hire me or look into jobs for me, one of them especially thanks to the president of said CRUCIAL organization. The CRUCIAL organization will be helping me transition into the workforce and to make sure I succeed, no matter where I work.

I am currently heading to do another presentation for one of the companies. I will not disclose time or place, but it is soon.
This is one place I want to work at for the rest of my life, as this company I'm doing the presentation for is one of the top 25 companies in my area of residence; and on my places to work for, this company is second only to Apple.

Wish me luck,

Jerad

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 06:47PM »

Best wishes and good luck, Jerad. Smiley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 06:53PM »

Same  here  Jerad.  You  are  a smart  young  man  with  a lot  to offer  a tech  company.  More  power  too you.    Smiley 

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 07:50PM »

Best of luck, I hope all goes well for you

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 12:40PM »

Thanks Everyone! Smiley

I spoke in Regina and everything went well. I bumped into one of the people from the organization I want to work at and got a chance to talk with him. He's been in contact with one of the people from the CRUCIAL organization.

Next day my contact at the CRUCIAL organization called me and the organization I want to work at wants to hire me! Grin
They want to put me into a job and I had to do some testing to determine the best fit for me.

I'm hoping for the best. I answered the questions the best I could, but I'm worried I might not get to where I want to be.

Pray for me that I get where I want to go,

Jerad

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 07:38PM »

This  sounds  promising  Jerad.    Cool    Keeping  fingers  crossed  for  you  that  it   comes  to  pass. 

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 01:45PM »

It sounds really promising, little brother. I'm so happy for you! I have a feeling that even if you don't get the exact job you want right away, they may have something else in mind for you. If that happens, I would recommend taking whatever job they offer and then after working there awhile, enquiring as to how you might be able to try for your desired job. I love you! Sending prayers and hugs!

Misha

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 08:31PM »

Thanks for the support Misha and James. It means everything to me.

Yes Misha, I agree with you 100%, I'm taking whatever job they give me.
I either want to be in customer support, or the datacenter side of things.

I love you too big sis! Kiss

Hugs and prayers,

Jerad

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 12:59PM »

Figured since things are moving a bit quicker than last, I thought I would update.

I had to do some tests in the weeks following my last post. All done online, so that was a big plus. I was in the 95th percentile. Lots of people were impressed. Grin

I found out a week ago that I was invited to have a meeting with some people between the CRUCIAL organization and the organization I want to work for.
It's coming up soon, so I hope I do good in the meeting and get started soon.

I might be actually in a better position than I hoped initially. I might not be at the front lines (Tier 1 support for customers) like I thought, but I'll be supporting the front line workers if they can't solve a problem for a customer (Tier 2)

Wish me luck,

Jerad

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 04:25PM »

Best of luck to you Jerad, hope it all works out in your favor. Let us know how it goes.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Chloeandeahbafan1

im kennedy i have ausim and love celtic woman

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 04:46PM »

best to you too

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 07:09PM »

Thanks Kevin and Kennedy! Both of your banners are broken. Tongue

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

Chloeandeahbafan1

im kennedy i have ausim and love celtic woman

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 12:57PM »

im still trying to make it come up

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 07:25PM »

Turns out I'm starting at Tier 1, even though someone had said "Jerad should start at tier 2". there is "always" customer interaction at this job (I thought tier 2 would be dealing with the less irate customers), and I did excellent at the interview.

I phoned my contact at CRUCIAL organization last week and (finally) got a response today, (s)he was going to send emails and keep me in the loop. Nada so far.

and the person that was going to help hire me? (S)he was going to be replaced by 2 other people as (s)he is going to another position! This job had better go through.

Keeping you posted,

Jerad

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 08:17PM »

More updates as of a week or 2 ago:

My hiring is going before a union so this could take a while. Some of you probably know how unions are, take forever to get something done, and they usually only meet once a month.

My family was expecting me to be hired in the first few months, even I thought I would be hired by now. Tongue Tongue Tongue

I have plans for this money from this job. I have a goal, but it's time limited and sensitive.

Hoping for results soon.

Jerad

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: