Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New PBS Special featuring "Fan Favourites" by Celtic Woman  (Read 14782 times)
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« on: February 01, 2015, 01:15PM »

So I was doing my travels on Facebook when a "Celtic Woman fan page" I follow posted this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dUwNX9lNOk&feature=youtu.be

It's from PBS's direct youtube page. It supposedly is linked to the 10th anniversary of Celtic Woman, as they mention of the 10th anniversary is throughout.

I hope they release this in HD on Blu-ray, I would LOVE to see most of these songs in HD. I wish they would include songs from IOH, that the footage is somewhere in their archives.

Enjoy,

Jerad

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Chloeandeahbafan1

im kennedy i have ausim and love celtic woman

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 01:59PM »

thank you Jerad I can't wait for it to come out

celtic.cutie

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 01:09AM »

While I'm really excited for the possibility of IOH footage, I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't do an all-new special for their 10th anniversary Sad

Hey, I'm Anne! Shocked)
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 11:20AM »

While I'm really excited for the possibility of IOH footage, I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't do an all-new special for their 10th anniversary Sad
Well, I suppose we can still hold out hope they might do something. After the North America Tour, they've got at least 2 months off (July and August) before they start touring again in September. Here's hoping they've got SOMETHING planned at long last!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 11:38AM »

I assume there won't be an Anniversary special, as it's basicially a best of and hardly different from Emerald. I assume the next filmed special will be next year, which will have a completely new show, as they can't continue the Anniversary show and they can't come bakc to an older tour. And they have toured a "best of" since 2013 and therefore have to do something new.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 01:49PM »

Well, I suppose we can still hold out hope they might do something. After the North America Tour, they've got at least 2 months off (July and August) before they start touring again in September. Here's hoping they've got SOMETHING planned at long last!

I agree with both of you. I am rather disappointed that it's only a compilation of past DVDs. Although, I do hope they add something from IOH in there, and also a documentary. And, I also hope maybe they'll film something new over the summer. We'll just have to wait and see.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 10:24AM »

I agree with both of you. I am rather disappointed that it's only a compilation of past DVDs. Although, I do hope they add something from IOH in there, and also a documentary. And, I also hope maybe they'll film something new over the summer. We'll just have to wait and see.
The one thing we DO know for certain is that Celtic Woman Ltd has not arranged this. Apparently, according to a tweet from Maggie Seidel, this Fan Favorites Show is exclusively a PBS thing. So I doubt very much there'll be a documentary or anything of that nature. I also doubt that any IOH stuff (assuming CW even recorded that show) will be there since it was never aired. Seems to me this will only be songs that are already available on DVD.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 09:46AM »

The rare IOH footage I saw was seen on one of the 10th Anniversary video where they captured bits from the past ten years.

Just because IOH was not compiled doesn't mean they don't have footage of it.  Wink

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 09:50AM »

Footage of Deirdre with Celtic Woman on tour was only released on The Greatest Journey
that didn't have to be released neither.

...I think this is the right time perhaps Celtic Woman could release a Greatest Journey Part 2

The DVD can showcase:
Isle Of Hope
Songs From The Heart
Believe
Emerald
Home For Christmas
Behind The Scene:
Any Tour Footages taken from Believe, IOH, SFTH, and Emerald!

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 11:31AM »

Footage of Deirdre with Celtic Woman on tour was only released on The Greatest Journey
that didn't have to be released neither.

...I think this is the right time perhaps Celtic Woman could release a Greatest Journey Part 2

The DVD can showcase:
Isle Of Hope
Songs From The Heart
Believe
Emerald
Home For Christmas
Behind The Scene:
Any Tour Footages taken from Believe, IOH, SFTH, and Emerald!

That would be cool!

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 06:01PM »

I assume there won't be an Anniversary special, as it's basicially a best of and hardly different from Emerald. I assume the next filmed special will be next year, which will have a completely new show, as they can't continue the Anniversary show and they can't come bakc to an older tour. And they have toured a "best of" since 2013 and therefore have to do something new.
exactly! And I am already starting to put money away and planning a trip over that way sometime in 2016-17 and playing around with different date ideas! I was going to do Ireland in the spring and then the rest end of summer beginning of fall which is usually when they tape, but,hey perfect time to go and would be the icing on the cake if the do that! Just hope they give us fair warning this way I can take time and figure airfare rail/sail dates and location all out and same for my cousin!! Wouldn't shock me if they announce before a random date that they are taping at a show to be used on pbs though especially w meav or red rocks towards the summer....

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
rphume

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 12:12PM »

What up with these new cds ? One Fan Favorites from PBS here http://www.wgbh.org/support/tvpledge_celticwoman.cfm and one from the Celtic Woman site Irish Songs here http://celticwoman.com/shop/  ?   Huh
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 01:16PM »

my  PBS  station  played  that  last  night.  Mairead  N.   and  Lil'  Lambe  were  excellent reps.    Smiley

Chloeandeahbafan1

im kennedy i have ausim and love celtic woman

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 12:55PM »

tonight my pbs is showing the special again and the last time they show it I watch some because I have to get sleep for school that day. now that I have no school till next week I going to watch it

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: