Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riverdance Coming to Clemens Center-For the Third Time  (Read 30348 times)
edtom

« on: June 08, 2015, 04:06PM »

Twelve years ago, Riverdance (with lead singer Lisa Kelly Cheesy) gave seven fantastic performances at the Clemens Center in Elmira, NY. Four years later, they were back for three more great shows.
"Riverdance - The 20th Anniversary World Tour" will be returning to the Clemens Center on April 26 and 27 next year as part of the 2015-16 Broadway Season at the Clemens Center. Other shows in next year's series include "The Producers", "Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat", "42nd Street", and "Annie".
Included in this year's Series was eight performances of "Jersey Boys" last January. Among the numerous other shows that have been performed at the Clemens Center include "Lord of the Dance", "Celtic Nights", "Bowfire", "Mamma Mia", "Beauty and the Beast", and, of course, "Celtic Woman".
I've had the pleasure of seeing three performances of Riverdance at the Clemens Center, and am looking forward to more next year. Hope to see you there.

I love Celtic Woman
edtom

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 01:20PM »

I checked the Riverdance website. Both Edel Murphy and Lynn Hilary are listed as being in the cast, so maybe one of them (probably not both) will be here in Elmira.

I love Celtic Woman
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 09:24AM »

I know Edel is, she's one of the lead soloists. As for Lynn, I'm not sure, I know she and LK have been involved with river dance in the past so it's possible that it's an old cast list

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
edtom

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 05:52AM »

A third show has been added for Thursday, April 28. Tickets for all three shows are $69.50/$59.50/$35.50.

I love Celtic Woman
edtom

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 01:48PM »

Tickets go on sale for Clemens Center members (like me) on Monday, Oct 26 and non members on Monday, Nov 23. I would be happy to order tickets for anyone who would like me to do so. Note that this show is part of the Clemens Center's yearly Broadway series for members and there will be fewer tickets available for (probably) the first show than for the other two.
Also note that there are two great areas in the auditorium from which to see the show. Besides downstairs near the stage, I saw the show from the center front of the balcony. It was great! You can see the whole stage at once, and, believe me, there is a lot going on all over the stage.
I expect to be going to at least two of the three shows (perhaps all three), one as an usher. Hope to see you there!

I love Celtic Woman
edtom

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 10:33AM »

Tickets are now on sale for Clemens Center members. I got two tickets for the Wednesday show today, and would be happy to get tickets for you.
Tickets not on sale to general public until November 23.

I love Celtic Woman
edtom

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 04:41PM »

Four weeks until Riverdance comes to Elmira again.
There are still tickets available for all three shows. It appears that the most available are for the Thursday show.

I love Celtic Woman
edtom

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 06:54AM »

Anyone coming to the Tuesday, April 26 performance of Riverdance, we are going to have a preshow get together at Anthony's Restaurant a mile down the street from the Clemens Center. PM or post for more information.

I love Celtic Woman
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: