Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman New TV Special and Recording in August  (Read 80966 times)
Hollie

« on: August 01, 2015, 03:18AM »

I found this article which interviews Susan about the upcoming Australian tour and she mentions in it that CW are filming a new TV special and are recording in August.  I'm really hoping it's for a new album with new songs...

http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story/3246032/celtic-woman-celebrates-10-years/

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 05:01AM »

Thanks  for  the  heads  up  Hollie.    Cool

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 05:13AM »

I hope so too! I wonder who will appear with them! Lynn? Méav? Alex? All three of them? A new girl, introduced with that show?

I hope there will be mostly completely new songs - mainly traditional and by David, not too much pop - and a few classics, like The Parting Glass and You Raise Me Up! And completely new intro and ceili songs. They have only done "best of"s for three years, it's time for something new!

Hollie

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 06:20AM »

I hope so too! I wonder who will appear with them! Lynn? Méav? Alex? All three of them? A new girl, introduced with that show?

I hope there will be mostly completely new songs - mainly traditional and by David, not too much pop - and a few classics, like The Parting Glass and You Raise Me Up! And completely new intro and ceili songs. They have only done "best of"s for three years, it's time for something new!

I think it'll be Lynn.  The Celtic Woman facebook page has recently changed the information on the side panel and it now lists the three vocalists as Lynn, Mairead C and Susan.  (They've removed Lisa L from it.)

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 11:57AM »

well a few things, 1. I think they are recording the new music first and I know Anthony has mentioned that he has been practicing new music so I'm taking it that way. And I presume after that they will record in September. 2. It's already August so they need to start making announcements instead of surprising everyone so people can plan appropriate plans. Which in hopes with that that they pick an appropriate location or venue so everyone can go. Even though I have a slight inkling (mine have been pretty on point lately though) that it will be outdoors in Ireland. Which David said he is working on something new and will let us know this week? I would love the Ireland  part but again last minute is hard to get off of work and more expensive. I hope they don't do the new one while in London etc and I would regret not going (well, moving on my own is also kind of bigger thing) and hopefully in 2016 I can see them in Cleveland or radio city hopefully!? So I am super excited to see what they have planned! I will have to tell my friend to because she will be over there the end of this month and she always catches  the tapings while she's there like songs from the heart at powerscourt!!)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 12:05PM by barb kantartzis » Logged

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 02:42PM »

well a few things, 1. I think they are recording the new music first and I know Anthony has mentioned that he has been practicing new music so I'm taking it that way. And I presume after that they will record in September. 2. It's already August so they need to start making announcements instead of surprising everyone so people can plan appropriate plans. Which in hopes with that that they pick an appropriate location or venue so everyone can go. Even though I have a slight inkling (mine have been pretty on point lately though) that it will be outdoors in Ireland. Which David said he is working on something new and will let us know this week? I would love the Ireland  part but again last minute is hard to get off of work and more expensive. I hope they don't do the new one while in London etc and I would regret not going (well, moving on my own is also kind of bigger thing) and hopefully in 2016 I can see them in Cleveland or radio city hopefully!? So I am super excited to see what they have planned! I will have to tell my friend to because she will be over there the end of this month and she always catches  the tapings while she's there like songs from the heart at powerscourt!!)

I think they will be doing it in August. They can't really shoot for September when they'll be touring Australia now can they? Mairead C even tweeted that she's going back to Ireland for a few weeks.

As for giving notice, I wasn't a Forum member until late 2009. Did they always give advance notice for CW shows?
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 03:34PM »

well a few things, 1. I think they are recording the new music first and I know Anthony has mentioned that he has been practicing new music so I'm taking it that way. And I presume after that they will record in September. 2. It's already August so they need to start making announcements instead of surprising everyone so people can plan appropriate plans. Which in hopes with that that they pick an appropriate location or venue so everyone can go. Even though I have a slight inkling (mine have been pretty on point lately though) that it will be outdoors in Ireland. Which David said he is working on something new and will let us know this week? I would love the Ireland  part but again last minute is hard to get off of work and more expensive. I hope they don't do the new one while in London etc and I would regret not going (well, moving on my own is also kind of bigger thing) and hopefully in 2016 I can see them in Cleveland or radio city hopefully!? So I am super excited to see what they have planned! I will have to tell my friend to because she will be over there the end of this month and she always catches  the tapings while she's there like songs from the heart at powerscourt!!)

I think they will be doing it in August. They can't really shoot for September when they'll be touring Australia now can they? Mairead C even tweeted that she's going back to Ireland for a few weeks.

As for giving notice, I wasn't a Forum member until late 2009. Did they always give advance notice for CW shows?
Ahh ok usually the last week in August or so! and I would be happy for them to get back taping in Ireland and  hopefully not at the helix but maybe somewhere outside at a castle?! Excited any how! (If I have time I might message the helix to see if they know anything since it's so secretive and usually they are really really good about letting me know! And no they are horrible about giving notice! Which is wrong since people have to put in time a month ahead of time and get airfair that jacks up the closer you get to the date to book and same w hotels etc especially international where you need extra time ! The last time they taped at powerscourt they said it 2 weeks before and it was impossible to prepare and book stuff in time. (Literally was told the 18th of august about it and location and the 2nd and 3rd of September was the taping...) and same with believe and emerald was a decision made on tour and told less than a week prior and 2 days after I saw them they taped, which was preparing for the 10th anniversary which cle would have been a good choice! which might not be ruled out now for the tenth even though it will most likely be in Ireland (either the helix or another location (would love that!) but they do record and practice in Dublin so you never know! And they might not even use I for 2016 since some of the tix are being advertised already and it says that is classic favorites even though Anthony said new music and so did David so I am hoping they decided to change it?! we will see and I'm excited!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 03:39PM »

Well it's about time! Hahahaha! I'm SO excited!

And about announcing in advance, they only announced the HFC special about 3 or 4 weeks before hand. So they'll probably do it this month. It's only August 1st. Smiley
Either way, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LegallyBlondfan

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 03:40PM »

i don't see where she mentions that. where is it?
LegallyBlondfan

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 03:55PM »

well, i see it says they are recording in august. but i don't see anything about a tv special.
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 04:26PM »

" Member Susan McFadden is enjoying a summer holiday in her hometown of Dublin, but will have to squeeze in a TV special and new record between genuine relaxation time. "

I'm beyond a state of excitement actually!!! They didn't do something since Sept 2011 (Believe) I'm hoping for an album more like A New Journey, bringing us back to Ireland, more traditional with a powerful opening and a powerful ending. But since David is teasing us lately I guess we will be surprised.
New album/new TV special mean new tour next year!!! I can't wait to find out what they are up too  Grin Grin Grin Grin

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 08:46PM »

I know I'm gonna love it no matter what! I'm just glad they're finally doing something new! Smiley

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 12:22PM »

Mairead Carlin has tweeted that she is packing for a "busy week in Dublin".

Maybe they will record a new show without an audience to save money and time.
Plus, they have plenty of video showing audiences at previous shows that they could edit in to make it look like there was an audience present.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:46PM by Jim M. » Logged
LegallyBlondfan

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 12:49PM »

oh. i see it now. thank you. i must have missed it
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 04:54PM »

I briefly talked with Mairead on Twitter by answering to her tweet about her "busy week"  Grin and she just put 3 emojis as an answer:
A monkey hiding his eyes, another putting his hands against his ears and the last monkey had his hands blocking his mouth. So we're not gonna have further details I guess but surely more teasing  Grin

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: