Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman New TV Special and Recording in August  (Read 81115 times)
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #240 on: August 15, 2015, 10:31PM »

Plus I LOVE ABBA!
Do you have the ABBA GOLD cd?  Very good stuff! Wink
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #241 on: August 15, 2015, 10:52PM »

Plus I LOVE ABBA!
Do you have the ABBA GOLD cd?  Very good stuff! Wink

I have pretty much every ABBA song on my iPod!

BTW here's "Like an Angel Passing Through My Room" by ABBA. I can't wait to hear Mai C sing it!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiUO39kOadw
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 10:54PM by Tiffany Gray » Logged

Eric90

« Reply #242 on: August 15, 2015, 11:12PM »

I can't wait to hear "I See Fire" I love The Hobbit, when I first read that it was one of the songs on the setlist I immediately knew Mairead C would sing it and she is! plus Mairead N playing Fiddle on it too, Chloe even sung it once well she was featured on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1LYz8C7Mx0

Gerard

« Reply #243 on: August 15, 2015, 11:49PM »

Plus I LOVE ABBA!
Do you have the ABBA GOLD cd?  Very good stuff! Wink

I have pretty much every ABBA song on my iPod!

BTW here's "Like an Angel Passing Through My Room" by ABBA. I can't wait to hear Mai C sing it!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiUO39kOadw

No disrespect intended to ABBA, but I think the best version of this song is Sissel's :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh0m7r4UHvQ

But I'm sure Mairead will do a very fine job.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #244 on: August 16, 2015, 12:43AM »

I like Sissel's version as well.

And I actually had a dream a couple nights ago about Mairead C singing "I See Fire." LOL!

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #245 on: August 16, 2015, 10:24AM »

Quite Funny after CT carried in CW song's and now after Parting Glass CW is carrying My Land from CT.  Smiley

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #246 on: August 16, 2015, 01:18PM »

Quite Funny after CT carried in CW song's and now after Parting Glass CW is carrying My Land from CT.  Smiley

Honestly, I hope CW maintains The Parting Glass to close the show. It's the perfect farewell song.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #247 on: August 16, 2015, 01:23PM »

They may be doing that on tour, but not in this recording.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #248 on: August 16, 2015, 03:31PM »

They may be doing that on tour, but not in this recording.
I know it's not in the special. I was referring to the tour. My Land is a beautiful song (LOVED Orla's version) but as a show closer, nothing compares to Celtic Woman's The Parting Glass. It wouldn't even bother me if they did away with YRMU on tour so long as The Parting Glass is kept.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #249 on: August 16, 2015, 03:46PM »

My Land is in the middle of the show, the end of act 1. Westering Home is the show closer. Or actually, it's Danny Boy right after it.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #250 on: August 16, 2015, 04:21PM »

My Land is in the middle of the show, the end of act 1. Westering Home is the show closer. Or actually, it's Danny Boy right after it.
Yeah I saw that in the set list. Wonder if the Outro is just the Ceili Playout or the new Finale/SDS...

Also! Is Bean Faidin the new Ceili song?
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #251 on: August 16, 2015, 05:08PM »

Yeah I saw that in the set list. Wonder if the Outro is just the Ceili Playout or the new Finale/SDS...

Also! Is Bean Faidin the new Ceili song?

From what I know there was no ceili song. The outro was Hills of Ireland so I'm guessing it was a reprise like the Ceili Playout. Nobody talked about Danny Boy maybe it was just an encore ( I might have read that somewhere)

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #252 on: August 16, 2015, 06:05PM »

and also with ride on from ct (Ryan sings it!) I love the song though and heard it for the first time at the concert and loved it! It is faster and I thin Mairead is going to do the fiddle as nicole and laura were rocking out to it and it was definitely a memorable part of the show and listen to it all the time and can't wait to have the girls version! And like the my land songs from both ct and orla's!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2015, 01:22AM »

and also with ride on from ct (Ryan sings it!) I love the song though and heard it for the first time at the concert and loved it! It is faster and I thin Mairead is going to do the fiddle as nicole and laura were rocking out to it and it was definitely a memorable part of the show and listen to it all the time and can't wait to have the girls version! And like the my land songs from both ct and orla's!

Ride On is sung by MC and Eabha Huh? I forgot to precise in the set list. Wink

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2015, 01:31AM »

I've listened to another version of Bean Faidin and it's definitely ceili material.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: