Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sky, Dawn, Sun and Newgrange with Éabha!  (Read 15130 times)
Hollie

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 06:06AM »

I agree rfcw, they're all powerhouses now.  Too bad they're not using four girls, Lynn would still make a lovely addition even with Eabha there.  Give the duets to Lynn and Mairead C, and let Susan and Eabha have solos or a duet together.  They just need a voice between Eabha's and Susan's and Mairead's to bridge the gap.

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 07:53AM »

I already have several duet ideas for Mai and Éabha together ;DI think they sound LOVELY together.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 11:58AM »

I already have several duet ideas for Mai and Éabha together ;DI think they sound LOVELY together.

I so agree! They sound amazing together! And I can't wait to hear them sing Ride On!

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 12:23PM »

I hope they will sing Don Oiche Ud I mBeithil or The Little Drummer Boy this Christmas Cheesy

Hollie

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 01:37PM »

I guess you either love or hate Mairead C and Eabha singing together.  Personally I hate them singing together.  Doesn't sound nice to me at all.

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2015, 06:54PM »

Celtic Woman would of kept Lynn or added in another soprano if they stayed their purpose in the group.

Lisa K-Susan
Chloe-Mairead C
Orla, Alex, Eabha
Meav, Lynn, Lisa L

A Look at CW with (Keeping the Four Member Rule)

2005 Lisa K, Chloe, Orla, Meav
2006 Lisa K, Chloe, Orla, Meav
2007 Lisa K, Chloe, Orla, Lynn
2008 Alex,    Chloe, Orla, Lynn
2009 Lisa K, Chloe, Alex, Lynn
2010 Lisa K, Chloe, Alex, Lynn
2011 Lisa K, Chloe, (Alex or [Eabha])Lisa L,
2012 Susan, Chloe, Eabha, Lisa L
2013 Susan, Chloe, Eabha, Lisa L
2014 Susan, Chloe, Eabha, Lisa L/Lynn
2015 Susan, Chloe, Eabha, Lynn

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2015, 07:06PM »

The first thing I realized after Lynn was out and a Deep voice went in, not that I wasn't loving the power of high voices together like Alex, or Susan with Lisa L and Carlin but about time they did it it, why they waited soo long..
If they had gone with another voice like Lynn then the question would be why didn't they consider keeping Lynn. : / Eabha is the choice to prove CW is considering going in another direction so there we go. Chloe, Susan, Lisa L were by far too close, Susan, Lisa L, Carlin even more, but Susan, Mairead C & Lynn I have to say were a Beautiful Trio Wink Cheesy Grin will Miss.

I agree rfcw, they're all powerhouses now.  Too bad they're not using four girls, Lynn would still make a lovely addition even with Eabha there.  Give the duets to Lynn and Mairead C, and let Susan and Eabha have solos or a duet together.  They just need a voice between Eabha's and Susan's and Mairead's to bridge the gap.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:14PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 06:33AM »

Yes, if they had kept Lynn, the group would have be similar to the first:

Lisa K - Susan: A strong belting soprano, based in musical theatre and contemporary music, new to Celtic music but talented at it
Méav - Lynn: Classically trained soprano, but decided to do mostly Celtic music
Chloe - Mairéad C: Classical light soprano, with a talent for Celtic songs (Mai C is actually a bit more Celtic, musically, than Chloe)
Órlagh - Éabha: A low, gentle mezzo-soprano, based in Celtic music
Máiréad - Máiréad: still herself

Then again, Mai C could still take over the sopranoa spects of Méav and Éabha the Celtic ascpects. Susan sounds a lot like later Chloe.

On the other hand, I don't like the idea of one Celtic Woman replacing another. They don't take the parts of the girl who has left, but build their own new part, while the other part stays empty untill its girl will fill it again.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 06:36AM by ShiningBright » Logged

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2015, 09:27AM »

We all cannot say they were replaced, nor can we say they were not picked to fit the place. My very first live show was in 2006, Meav alternated with Hayley, & I was so glad and priveleged to be able to have Meav it's so far the only concert live I've been to with Meav but I remember that show so very well!> The first time it got to me how real it was when Meav did her Grand individual solo of Danny Boy. As a fan of course I knew ahead of time how Lynn was, how she looked, felt on tour, thanks to video clips, pictures. I didn't see her first time with Lisa K but I did when Alex had her first run in 2008, As soon as I heard Lynn sing for Danny Boy in solo for the very first time, I was floored and in shock how perfectly re-replicated it was!..It was almost too perfectly and close to not missing Meav there that no one would miss out if they saw CW and not know about Meav in Danny Boy, I'm not saying Lynn nails 100% of Meav in Danny Boy, but too good as a replacer, she had big shoes to fill she replaced her but it naturally, Lynn was a natural addition, Alex was one also, she was very unique not as filling the Lisa K void, however when Orla departed, I was so excited to hear more of Alex's amazing voice, because the mezzo was missing from Orla, is as if they went with Alex as long as she went mezzo as much as possible.x Alex is beautiful when in both any style mezzo and power soprano, take Isle Of Hope for example, Alex is on full of emotion and strong abundance in that song, but contrast to Lynn with Meav, Alex had to switch tones with her singing. I couldn't believe it when Susan first arrived everyone said her voice reminded them of Alex, yet Susan kept her singing voice full volume like they gave reason she was taking the empty place of Lisa K. They probably would not of chosen Susan to replace Orla, but would they done the same if Susan was in 2008 filling for Lisa K instead of Alex, would they keep her like Alex afterwards the question is, since to me there is similarity like Alex or Chloe (Both combined) would Susan stay the way she is now, or would she have to go mezzo if they kept her and they lost Orla in mezzo, probably not, the difference is Susan may not do what Alex can, she did some on her version of Caledonia but she is not in a way she can be deep also like Chloe could if she put her heart to do. To me I always saw Chloe and Alex in duet outstandingly in piece and tune almost the same.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 10:09AM by rfcw » Logged

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2015, 09:47AM »

They don't take the parts of the girl who has left, but build their own new part, while the other part stays empty untill its girl will fill it again.

Perhaps Alex builds her new part as a Mezzo mixed in with higher range Soprano vocal from 2009-2010 with CW. However to me, I don't know why Alex out of all the member's had to change tone for Celtic Woman, I understand in the beginning they still had four and felt needed to continue the Orla mezzo aspect either they had to let go of Alex like Deirdre replace a Mezzo like Eabha could of at that time, but instead they went on to keep Alex.. They didn't keep Deirdre because Meav was ready open to come back after her pregnancy, They didn't suggest Deirdre to join fully for 2007 probably I have no clue is it because by then Deirdre did not want no more and wasn't going to be satisfied with the treatment of her departure by the management as if she didn't matter to CW other than a step filler needed for Meav. I wonder what she must of thought when they added a sixth member Hayley for ANJ and if she ever thought why it wasn't her being the sixth. My point is even though Susan was in placement of the Lisa K role for CW, her own way I mean, Lisa L, still did the Lynn position and Chloe herself, the (3) along Mairead C afterwards were powerhouses, and none one of them was told to switch tone, Lisa L did but it didn't stop her to still be her full-self, on HFC Meav, Susan, & Lisa L were Breathtaking as the 3 angelic soprano's. I accept that pattern CW did differently for that era 2012-2015 etc until Eabha, but that is why the beginning of CW wanting to keep the same format of 4, one mezzo, one contemporary, one traditional celtic, one classical pure. However since the lowering of three girls in 2011, it was okay when Lisa K was still in it, but since 2012 with Susan, the format changed and CW didn't ask anyone to make a change like they did only with Alex..

Building your own part is your own, Alex needed to do both sides, mezzo and her own unique higher tone. My Heart Was Home Again gave a rise to that, True Colors did not, and You'll be in My Heart (Almost)..that's why the singing style she does Caledonia, The Voice, and Amazing Grace this year the (May version) not (June version) is the favorite way I love Alex for.. Smiley Had Alex stayed a little longer would we gotten to see more of her other side, with Lynn gone by then I don't know. My Heart Was Home Again was her own, and maybe Believe with her would of showed a different side..Anyhow I was so happy Alex returned this year and got to stay on for a while as a CW and not just in 2008 for a replacement. I'm Happy! Smiley
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 10:07AM by rfcw » Logged

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 08:41PM »

So Lynn had to fill the Alex void in Emerald like LisaL and Meav all three on Amazing Grace for example..Makes sense why Eabha's placement now fits again not as Alex but like Orla back in a way..
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 09:17PM by rfcw » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: