Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Destiny Sizzle Reel  (Read 24042 times)
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« on: October 16, 2015, 09:38PM »

It's here.

https://www.facebook.com/celticwoman/videos/10153675156192838/

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 09:53PM »

Wow! This looks AWESOME! I LOVE the new sound! It's different, but it still has that Celtic Woman magic that it's always had! I can't wait for the new show/CD!

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 10:00PM »

Cool ...  thanks  !     Grin

Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 12:34AM »

Thank you!

Oh WESTERING HOME sounds great!!! I really like the new sound

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 01:14AM »

Finally a whole new show!!!!! I am really glad to hear songs that I don't know at all!!! My Land promises to be a superb rendition. December really looks far away now hahaha!

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 02:47AM »

This. is. so. fantastic! I love it!

And I don't think it's so "new". It is, because everything has to develop and change. But all Celtic Woman shows were completely different from the ones before. This reminds me more of the original concert and A New Journey than the last few tours and I am not at all unhappy about it. However, the whole setting, the dresses... everything is beautiful but far more simple and less glamurous. I like that. A lot. Their last big show, Believe, was glammed up a lot and it was fantastic, but I like the diversity of the shows. And this one brings back old memories and new ideas at the same time.

I wish we had heard a few more song clips, from solo songs or at least solo lines. But I loved what we ot to see and hear! I also spotted Rebecca in Westering Home Cheesy Méav sang that song, also. And if Méav was in Westering Home, chances are she's also in Amazing Grace. I would have prefered Bean Pahidin full in irish and as a ceili song, but you can't have everything and this version is certainly fantastic.

I love the whole intimate and simple, yet very Irish and pretty setting and the simple, pretty dresses. It's all very neat. I expected a far bigger show. And I am not disappointed with what we got.

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 04:47AM »

Is it just me or... is there no choir? Shocked

Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 04:57AM »

there is! you can see them durig YRMU  Smiley

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 05:00AM »

And during Westeirng Home Grin Just found them!

Anyways, I like the simplistic style of the concert.

Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 05:01AM »

yeah, I do as well. It's less glamorous but yet more pure.

Gerard

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 06:38AM »

Just beautiful ! Too bad the Tardis at Earl's Court is not real, I would have taken it to get the DVD in advance.  Grin
Excalibur

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2015, 06:51AM »

I love it Smiley Reminds me so much of the original show, but with the kick the newer shows used to have... The presence of Rebecca, Méav (and Oonagh of course) brings back the 5-6 girls lineup that I missed A LOT in the last few years, and especially with Méav we have the chance to see not only one, but two CW veterans in this show which is really great. I also love the return of a big choir, because Emerald, with its 4 choir members, looked ridicolous to me. The songs sound great: Eabha's voice brings that touch of magic that only Orla used to provide with her low notes, Susan is warm as always but also fresh, Mairead C really shines with her occasional opera-like sound and Méav... We know, she has and she is THE voice. I'm sure Rebecca and Oonagh will sound very good as well. I really like the location and the intimate style as well, much like the original show. The dresses look amazing as always, and it's nice to see them wear the same color palette in the second act instead of the first one (like SFTH, Believe, Emerald).
The only things I'm not too excited are: the idea of the big screen with the video, because it makes the background too bright IMHO, and could also be a distraction for the audience; the audience itself, forced to turn around when the girls move on the platform, something I didn't like with HFC as well; the lighting looks a little too dark for my taste, especially when compared to the previous shows, maybe because of the small location, IDK. Apart from these things I'm really happy about Destiny and I can't wait to see the whole show!

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 07:20AM »

Personally, I love the screen, reminds me of the original show. So does the small, simple stage and the minimalistic lighting.

Breno

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2015, 07:44AM »

I. Am. Just. Loving. This. New. Era.

No more words needed.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:46AM by Breno » Logged
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2015, 08:58AM »

All I have to say is I loved the idea when CW went every step bigger. The original show was unique, it's like they wanted to show both sides. I guessed their first act dress would been white like they always had I loved each new girl becoming white Lisa L & Susan were for HFC...Smiley Great point of Meav is on Westering Home chances she'll be on Amazing Grace. As for YRMP it's the current same version. It's like first we continue CW as they are with introducing Eabha to the lineup, then it's all a return to the original days era, tributing with Meav and celebrate guests in a new journey style. I understand not outdoors, I love so much an outdoor CW show like SFTH. The screen is really big and makes the focus on and not just the girls alone..I am all for glamorous, as it proved CW is hitting the mark better and better. I feel it's dark too but the original was like that. Emerald was a tour taping didn't matter how it looked. HFC Was by far more beautiful in setting. Believe is the most special CW production in recreativity. I am for Rebecca being part but will she be a CW later or not? Lynn had potential even guest potential at another CW special, the long touring she did both 2014 & this year yet no gift offer of appreciation in return it doesn't conflict that no matter her and Meav are equally alike which no they're still different. I miss Alex but I know she has other things on her hand she too had potential for a second DVD invitation would been great to see her and Meav together but anyhow it is so nice of her to bring Lynn in on a new project so excited for that! Grin Wow Meav doesn't look as she did on HFC looks young and vibrant like the original show..To me it looks not like a CW show but with Rebecca like the show Roots of Ireland in "Grander style!"
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:37AM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: