Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Destiny Sizzle Reel  (Read 24076 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2015, 12:32PM »

It was definitely NOT for copyright issues. CW has teh copyright for You'll Be In My Heart as it's on the cd and Carolina Rua is public property.

They cut it for time reasons, because the show was too long.

Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2015, 03:38PM »

Preview clips of the songs have been put on Amazon.de  Grin Grin Grin

http://www.amazon.de/Destiny-Celtic-Woman/dp/B015S12UUI
Sounds so awesome! Can't wait!
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2015, 05:47AM »

That's true, it wouldn't be on the CD either if so..YBMH needed to be there.
I'm surprised True Color's was on my DVD. At least Alex got the split and not a full cut as Lynn.

It was definitely NOT for copyright issues. CW has teh copyright for You'll Be In My Heart as it's on the cd and Carolina Rua is public property.

They cut it for time reasons, because the show was too long.

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2015, 05:48AM »

"Awesome Meav profiler from Destiny.."

Sounds so awesome! Can't wait!

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2015, 06:11AM »

They only cut Carolina Rua beause they didn't consider it importnat or interesting enough ro too long. After all, it's a traditional song. Anyone can sing it and sell it. Also, they didn't cut the two songs for PBS, only for the DVD.

Breno

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2015, 06:47AM »

Carolina Rua was not transmitted on PBS.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 06:49AM by Breno » Logged
Excalibur

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2015, 09:02AM »

I always thought the copyright thing just doesn't make sense. Why arrange and perform a song if you don't have the rights to record it on CD or air on television? I'm pretty sure Lynn DID record Carolina Rua with CW, but it was cut off the album/DVD. The reason for this is the reharsal videos for SFTH we've seen on Youtube. Those reharsals were just to memorize the coreographies, Lynn didn't really sing and Mairead didn't really play, it's crystal clear to the ear. So a studio track for Carolina Rua DOES exist, which means they had the rights to record it and perform it. It was cut off to keep the album and DVD not too long and that's a real shame, especially since they chose to keep a track like The New Ground - which is beautiful, but I don't think the fans and the public were too eager to hear an Uillean Pipes solo if that meant less Lynn (and Alex). Moreover, the performance of Carolina Rua was put on CW Amazon page at that time, so they had the rights to show it after all. My two cents, as always.
That said, Lynn and Alex were actually treated very differently from the other girls. Lisa Lambe got her first own solo even before she started touring, while Lynn and Alex had to wait 2-3 years despite they were already in the group when TGJ came out in 2008. Lisa even recorded Dulaman TWICE. Same difference happened for Eabha vs. Susan and Mairead C, but in lesser proportions.

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2015, 09:24AM »

Very well put answers  Smiley you shared there. The New Ground is beautiful but It wasn't necessary for album or DVD. Carolina Rua was good but if Lullaby been made before I would tear for a live performance of Suantrai not sure if it's heart material, Carolina showed Lynn's fun personality but it was too playful And a song about going to school doesn't to me fit the whole "from the heart" theme. Take Me With You would resemble Black is the Color, it's powerful, show's affection. Just like Here to Stay & Scarlett Ribbon's or I Know My Love were new songs but if didn't fit the theme Destiny it would not work. The difference with True Colors, You'll Be in My Heart it followed the Songs From The Heart theme or else it was David's choice to keep them. Now it's under another director. I guess Carolina Rua is heart material too since they kept it along..

I think "Have I told you lately" was a heart song it didn't get through since they had over
Too many group songs already, SFTH has more group songs than ANJ.

So SFTH was too Long??? To me A New Journey looked Long
And SFTH was decent but shorter..
Is that another reason why the group song Man will Live Forever More number didn't
Happen for the HFC DVD.. Because the timing of the production?
Interesting Finding's... : )

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 09:27AM by rfcw » Logged

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2015, 09:39AM »

I think what ShiningBright meant was Alex's 2 solo's.

Carolina Rua was not transmitted on PBS.

sammiesoprano22

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2015, 11:08AM »

I can't get it to work!!! I don't see anywhere to play any of the songs  Cry

<3 Celtic Woman CWazy fan forever <3
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2015, 11:15AM »

Scroll down to the setlist: next to each song is a link to click it's spelled in German I think
Just click and it will direct you to a player box for all the songs you only have to click it once then you can click any title you like. : ) enjoy it!

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2015, 12:14PM »

Here is the URL for the Music Sampler window. The player should open and start playing if you click on this link:
www.amazon.de/gp/recsradio/radio/B015S12UUI/ref=pd_krex_dp_a

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2015, 01:20PM »

Gotta say, the opening parts of The Whole Of The Moon reminded me of the opening to that song Kiss Me from that 90's movie She's All That! Lol

So I wonder what'll be on the Deluxe version of the album? They didn't really skip many songs from the recording and they usually give us at least 2 songs. Rebecca and Meav's solos were cut, but that could simply be because they were special guests for the dvd recording only. I think YRMU will be one of them. After all, why not include it? Gives us the chance to hear the new CW line-up singing the song without it being on the standard cd taking up the space of another song. The same could be said for Amazing Grace. As for Danny Boy, I know it says in the set list someone printed that it was an Encore number. Does this mean it was just the current four girls? Or does that one also include Rebecca, Meav, and possibly Oonagh? Because if Celtic Woman recorded it with ALL of those vocalists, it'd probably be a beautiful, lush arrangement!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 01:32PM by mattycakes » Logged
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2015, 04:16PM »

But Danny Boy and You Raise Me Up are nearly the same song. At least melody wise. I love both of them and love to have both of them, but I wonder if they will both be put on a cd, when they can also choose another, more different song.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2015, 06:13PM »

But Danny Boy and You Raise Me Up are nearly the same song. At least melody wise. I love both of them and love to have both of them, but I wonder if they will both be put on a cd, when they can also choose another, more different song.
While I know they're the same melody, it still hasn't stopped Celtic Woman from putting both songs on the same CD before. Case in point, The Original, TGJ, and Emerald. But, if Danny Boy is all of the vocalists, not just the current lineup, then I could see the including that for the lush harmonies.

As for CW putting another song on the CD, I only assumed those two because, typically, the Bonus tracks are live tracks.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: