Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Destiny Sizzle Reel  (Read 24213 times)
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2015, 06:27PM »

But Danny Boy and You Raise Me Up are nearly the same song. At least melody wise. I love both of them and love to have both of them, but I wonder if they will both be put on a cd, when they can also choose another, more different song.
While I know they're the same melody, it still hasn't stopped Celtic Woman from putting both songs on the same CD before. Case in point, The Original, TGJ, and Emerald. But, if Danny Boy is all of the vocalists, not just the current lineup, then I could see the including that for the lush harmonies.

As for CW putting another song on the CD, I only assumed those two because, typically, the Bonus tracks are live tracks.
  With  respect  to  both  of  you...  Danny  Boy  and  YRMU  are  not  quite  the  same  melody. DB  was  written  about  a  century  ago  to  a  melody being  called  "The Londonderry  Air" .   The  melody  itself  is  much  more  ancient.  YRMU ( by  Brendan  Graham)  is  much  more  modern in  its  composition. I'm  thinking that  Chiara  meant  that  they  are   kind  of  the   same  in  terms  of  that  they  are  very  much  standards  in cW  fare. If  that  makes  sense.   Smiley   

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2015, 02:35AM »

The melody of You Raise Me Up is based on Danny Boy and very similar. It is not exactly the same melody, but several parts are nearly identical Wink

Excalibur

« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2015, 03:59AM »

True, one can almost sing Danny Boy with YRMU's lyrics and viceversa.

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2015, 05:55AM »

It was definitely NOT for copyright issues. CW has teh copyright for You'll Be In My Heart as it's on the cd and Carolina Rua is public property..

I have no idea what this has to do with the Destiny Sizzle Reel, but I'll bite as I was the one who originally brought up copyright.

The copyright for You'll Be In My Heart lies with Disney. It will always lie with Disney unless they decide to sell it which I'm not thinking they're ever going to do. Under US copyright law the copyright holder has "the right to do and authorize others to do the following:
1. reproduction of the work in copies or phonorecords
2. prepare derivative works based upon the work
3. distribute copies of phonorecords of the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending
4. perform the work publicly, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and motion pictures and other audio-visual works
5. Display the work publicly, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and pictorial, graphic, or sculptural works, including the individual images of a motion picture or other audiovisual work
6. Perform the work publicly (in the case of sound recordings) by means of digital audio transmission"1

What that means for CW is that the rights to perform a song, record a song, sell a song, and air it on PBS are all different things. It is entirely possible that CW recorded You'll Be In My Heart in good faith with Disney because they were still in negotiations when the recording happened and in the end they couldn't come to terms over everything so it wasn't on the CD/DVD. *shrugs* It was just a guess based on what I know, we really have no idea why CW cuts some songs but not others.

aislin

1.http://copyright.gov/circs/circ01.pdf
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2015, 06:43AM »

I am aware of that, I did mean it differently. CW is allowed to perform and make money with the song, as it's on the album. So, they did not cut it from the DVD for copyright reasons. I formulated that sentences WOng. Cw has the rights to perform You'll Be In My Heart would be better. Sorry, I am not a native speaker and was a bit in a hurry when I wrote this. But even if they did not have the righst to show You'll Be In My Heart, they definitely could have shown Carolina Rua.

I know, we were getting off topic. We started to talk about which members got more or less attention, based on the Sizzle Reel and then compared it to SFTH.

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2015, 10:59AM »

Usually when someone has a topic discussion everyone just keeps flowing whatever post, but
we can make a post next time. Sorry for the inconvenience Smiley

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 12:27PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2015, 12:27PM »

Here is link if you wish to transfer and continue on the copyright conversations otherwise we have our answer's.  Smiley
and done here..!xxx

Link 1 -Carolina Rua
http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=18996.0

Link 2 -You'll Be In My Heart not on DVD???
http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=12256.0
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 12:29PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2015, 06:33PM »

I'm really anxious to know since the current lineup girls have such Beautiful dresses during their 1st Act and The Blue dresses certainly 2nd, what about the Guests?  Everyone says Bean Phaiden is the new Ceili number but clearly they are wearing the Blue dresses. Aren't normally the Ceili numbers have separate special dresses than the rest of the concert. Tir Na Nog may be the one with them with Oognah wearing something unique. They'll either be new or the ones seen currently now on tour. I'm curious to find out will Meav & Rebecca have their own special dress like in 1st Act or will they only be seen in the Blue. Huh Will they have a 1st Act dress all and perform Amazing Grace as a group with them before 2nd Act Happens...x Kiss
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 06:36PM by rfcw » Logged

pammy314

« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2015, 10:18AM »

"Bring Lynn in on a new project"  Please give us more info about this.  Love Lynn!
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2015, 10:23AM »

"Bring Lynn in on a new project"  Please give us more info about this.  Love Lynn!

unfortunately Lynn wasnt on the new DVD.

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2015, 11:07AM »

Sure, Sure, I can't remember where exactly but possibly the same Brett Pruneau who partcipated with Alex at her One Voice right after her immediate participation with Celtic Woman's Anniversary X Tour, Brett seems is now working up something to gig with Lynn. I believe it's on Pruneau's Facebook page, he finished posting
a picture of Lynn (the one from her SFTH promo). Cool
In this case we don't know who to thank, maybe it was a helping hand from friend Alex. : ) no clue.

"Bring Lynn in on a new project"  Please give us more info about this.  Love Lynn!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:09AM by rfcw » Logged

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2015, 11:24AM »

Sure, Sure, I can't remember where exactly but possibly the same Brett Pruneau who partcipated with Alex at her One Voice right after her immediate participation with Celtic Woman's Anniversary X Tour, Brett seems is now working up something to gig with Lynn. I believe it's on Pruneau's Facebook page, he finished posting
a picture of Lynn (the one from her SFTH promo). Cool
In this case we don't know who to thank, maybe it was a helping hand from friend Alex. : ) no clue.

"Bring Lynn in on a new project"  Please give us more info about this.  Love Lynn!

Oh, i remember seeing that! Its just for a single, not for a big project like he did with Alex. Hopefully we hear more from Lynn soon with what she decides to do next *fingers crossed*. I miss hearing from her.  Undecided

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: