Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes for the tour  (Read 5970 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« on: October 19, 2015, 03:41AM »

Yep, abit early, consideirng we haven't even got the dvd by now, but I'm curious. We all know the dvds and teh tours are never identical. And considering the special guests, they won't be this time.

Most of the show is probably going to be the same, but I wonder about these:

Si Do Mhaimeo I
Are they going to cut it? Are they going to make it a group song, like Siulil A Run? Will it be a duet again? If yes, for whom?

Isle Of Innisree
Agein, cut it? Will it be a solo for another girl? Probably Éabha, who has only one solo so far? (Unless it's Skylands,w hich I will mention later)

Tir na nÓg
Will they sing it on tour? It's more of an Oonagh than Celtic Woman song and I wonder if they are going to sing it. If they do, I assume Susan will take Oonagh's part, considering she didn't have a solo in the recorded song.

Oro Se Do Bheatha Bhaile
Who is going to sing the lead voice? I wonder the same about the CD version (or is Méav going to be on it?) Mai C is closest to Méav in voice, Éabha got fewer parts otherwise (unless Skylands or Isle of Innisfree is a solo for her, again) and Susan got fewer Irish songs generally, so they might also give it to her. Or will they simply sing it "equally", without anyone singing the lead?

Bean Pháidín
Will they perform it as a ceili song? I really wonder, because they got new ceili dresses made for the Tír na nÓg special on Santiano's concert this summer, but they did NOT use them on Destiny only to use them on the Anniversary tour for which they certainly had enough ceili dresses. Doesn't make sense to me, to be honest. I wonder what they will do on tour. Because a CW tour without a ceili song seems very odd to me. They didn't have much performing space in the Mansion House, but fro a live performance, it's certainly needed!

Westering Home
I wonder the same here as with Oro Se Do Bheatha Bhaile. Who's going to sing Méav and Rebecca's parts? That's more a cd question, because on tour it's obvious the current girls will.

Skylands
The mysterious song on the cd, which never appeared on the Mansion House concert. Is it going to be a second solo for Éabha? A group song? It's certainly a new original song specifically for Celtic Woman, just like When You Go. I wonder what it wil be like and wether they sing it on tour or not.

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 05:05AM »

Sounds  very  intriguing  any  way  it  goes. Thank  you  Meav  for  being  the  "creative  consultant"  for  CW !    Smiley

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 07:21AM »

Meav would be on the CD wouldn't they?

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 09:01AM »

Probably, but if she is, then only on two songs.

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 03:20AM »

Now that Skylands is definitely not a solo for Éabha, I wodner what she will be singing on tour. Isle of Innisfree? Probably. Or something different?

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 05:53AM »

We know, Walk Beside Me is Éabha's second solo.

Again, is Bean Phaidin going to be a ceili song?

Considering Ride On is a duet for Mai C and Éabha. What about the two solos to be left out? They could make Si Do Mhaimeo a duet for Susan and Éabha/Mai C and Isle of Innisfree for Susan and Mai C/Éabha. So every girl will be in two duets and there will be a combination of each girls for the duets, like they did it in Believe.

Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 07:37AM »

Méav is features on Óró Sé Do Bheatha Bhaile on CD!!!

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 07:50AM »

Yes, I know. I've written the first post, before the cd came out.

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 10:13AM »

My Land is on The CD First instead of When You Go.
Amazing Grace was First instead of The Call.

I alway's wondered why, they switched it on the CD whereas the DVD
The Top songs are First on CD's?

Awakening & TSDS are the only 2 that are respected on the CD. Am I right? Smiley

Nil Sen La was first on tour with as a special opener
So will Tir Na Nog be the special opener?
or are we dealing with a different producer, so When You Go is the opener to Destiny Tour??/ Cheesy

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 09:19AM »

Honestly, I hope they keep SDS as the show opener. When You Go just isn't, to me, a good show opener. I think it could work for opening the second act though. SDS was an amazing show opener. The Call was pretty good too. Awakening was the best.

To me, When You Go isn't good because it doesn't showcase all of the girls. SDS, The Call, and Awakening not only showcased the individual singers but also Mairead Nesbitt. Nil being the opener for the SFTH Tour was fine. But that's mostly because no one singer was featured more prominently than the others and also, and this is key, SFTH was a very slow show insofar as almost all the solo numbers (excepting Mairead N's and I'd also argue Chloe's When You Believe and Dulaman) were very slow. Overall, all of the songs in SFTH were very slow songs, but songs that reached into your soul. Nil was the perfect start to the show because it captured the attention of the audience and introduced the girls as what they are: fantastic and engaging performers. Then the later performance of At The Ceili provided the perfect counterpoint to this at the perfect moment in the show.

Personally, I feel that out of all the songs on the Destiny cd, the best song for an opener would be Skylands. Though I feel that Mairead Carlin should be given Susan's solo in the second verse to make certain all soloists are given their moment. Eabha would, of course be given two solo parts: one in the first verse and one in the second. But that's actually for the best seeing as how Destiny was her first Celtic Woman show and it'll give those of us who haven't seen Eabha, save for the Destiny special, the chance to see her onstage and the chance to appreciate the beauty that is Eabha.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: