Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your favourite tracks  (Read 10189 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« on: October 22, 2015, 04:40PM »

You can choose up to eight, as it's the half of sixteen Cheesy And it's seventeen tracks... ah, well...

I will vote once I've heard the whole album Wink

Edit: Voted for My Land, Siúlil A Rún, How Can I Keep From Singing, Óró Sé Do Bheatha Abhaile, Sometimes A Prayer Will Do, Bean Pháidín, Westering Home and Walk Beside Me.
Like An Angel Passing Through My Room and Hills Of Ireland were extremely close.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:32PM by ShiningBright » Logged

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 10:14AM »

My Top 8 Note: (These are the 8 only because the other songs aren't on the Album) I'm surprise I like a MN song, and not a MC song. Roll Eyes/

My Land
Siúlil A Rún   
The Whole Of The Moon   
Tír Na nÓg   
Óró Sé Do Bheatha Abhaile   
Westering Home   
When You Go   
Walk Beside Me   
Hills Of Ireland   

Sometimes A Prayer Will Do is #9
Bean Pháidín #10

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:17AM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Breno

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 10:23AM »

Siúlil A Rún
Ride On
How Can I Keep From Singing
I see Fire
Tir Ná Nóg
Óró se só bheatha 'bhaile
Bean Phaidin
Like An angel

Edit: I forgot My land and can't vote again.   Tongue
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:27AM by Breno » Logged
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 10:30AM »

Woops, I wanted to change that myself and I can't Sad

Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 06:57PM »

Here are mine:
1.) Óro Sé So Bheatha Bhaile
2.) When You Go
3.) Bean Pháidín
4.) Skyrim (Dragonborn)
5.) I See Fire
6.) Ride On
7.) Siúli A Rún
8.) Tír Na nÓg
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 07:56PM by Chandler Mattson » Logged
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 02:50AM »

Óró Sé Do Bheatha Abhaile is the most popular song so far! Not a surprise, really Grin

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 10:32AM »

Óró Sé Do Bheatha Abhaile is the most popular song so far! Not a surprise, really Grin
Sorry! Just changed the balance of power by adding Westering Home (my favorite track so far) and Tir Na Nog to the 7 votes for a three way tie!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 01:11PM »

I'm fine with that! Westeirng Home is one of my favourite tracks, above Oro... I don't really get into Tir, though...

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 06:23PM »

I'm fine with that! Westeirng Home is one of my favourite tracks, above Oro... I don't really get into Tir, though...
With respect, you've said, since the previews of the song, that you don't like the chorus (I hope this was you who said it otherwise I'm gonna look like a jerk! lol ) because of the "oh oh's" that are endemic to German pop songs. But I actually like it! Though I must admit that I hope, on the tour, that they make it a bit more Celtic sounding. And get rid of those stupid arm movements! Mairead Carlin was the best in that music video! Showed all the right emotions, was dancing around, having a blast. She was the star of that video, to me!
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 09:28PM »

Smiley What I love so much about this album on the group songs is they each work & carry for a different mood stance which is why you can't really have a favorite. At first I straight away went for Óró Sé Do Bheatha Abhaile as the Best, but that was for a CW style that I am use to contrast to this new direction of very Irish scale unseen not even as highly on ANJ.

My Land- is like a tune to end to a fantastic or memorable day.  Wink
When You Go- a great arrouse up when your in mode "Go-ing" some place or somewhere your happy to go to or that marking destination on your day!  Cheesy
Westering Home- a tune to hmm that day too during when you head up joining in at a location restaurant, favorite place, while you   Specially enter in to meet up with ones you know friends, those you like and love to see.  Roll Eyes
Óró Sé Do Bheatha Abhaile - tune to hum at the time you know you are somewhere that you are to be supposedly best be, you own this shining moment to you!  Smiley
Bean Phaiden - tune to you find that your happy where you are at the location your at in the significant part of the day!  Tongue
Tir- a tune I easily forget now how it goes, a great song for a great mood but no words to put it, you probably look like a fool
singing solo in public, I didn't say humming. Cheesy

So there you have it what mood status your in depends by which song is your favorite at that moment!
There all spectacular in their uniquely status.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:32PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 02:49AM »

With respect, you've said, since the previews of the song, that you don't like the chorus (I hope this was you who said it otherwise I'm gonna look like a jerk! lol ) because of the "oh oh's" that are endemic to German pop songs. But I actually like it! Though I must admit that I hope, on the tour, that they make it a bit more Celtic sounding. And get rid of those stupid arm movements! Mairead Carlin was the best in that music video! Showed all the right emotions, was dancing around, having a blast. She was the star of that video, to me!

The video was adorable! Of course, the dancing was a bit over the top, but i liked the way it was made. I still have mixed feelings over that song, however, not only about the end of the chorus. I don't dislike it at all, but it's simply not one of my favourite CW songs, ro favourite songs in general.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 09:39AM »

The video was adorable! Of course, the dancing was a bit over the top, but i liked the way it was made. I still have mixed feelings over that song, however, not only about the end of the chorus. I don't dislike it at all, but it's simply not one of my favourite CW songs, ro favourite songs in general.
Oh okay! Gotcha!

Agree about the music video! Great for the first one! But yeah the dancing was over the top. That's kinda how I feel about the choreography changes to Their Abhaile Riu and Nil. The moves from the 2013 Your were perfect for the songs and then in 2014 and 2015 they changed them to add a whole bunch of arm waving. Not so good.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 09:43AM »

I haven't seen the new choreography, but I generally don't like much arm waving :/

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 03:52PM »

No no ..the arm moving isn't a problem, it becomes weird at the instances when the cameras are zoomed at the them each one looking at you while waving and dancing around...I get the fantasy of it but it's over doing it when they specifically do it when the cameras are facing at them in closeness and they are looking straight at the camera. It's not the girls thoughts they are performing and have no idea how it's gonna turn out..

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 04:09PM »

... and then in 2014 and 2015 they changed them to add a whole bunch of arm waving. Not so good.
The arm waving is ridiculous and silly.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: