Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My review of Destiny  (Read 22084 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 01:54PM »

Yes I want to apologize for that, I misread ShiningBright,..Here is what you said..

Definitely as good as Songs From The Heart, if not better, and better than Believe. But I love all albums and they mostly share their place Wink

I never said SFTH and Believe were not as strong! I love them!

That's okay Smiley I'm still not even sure about the order... all of them are so beautiful in their way.

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2015, 02:27AM »

I See Fire is growing on me...

Excalibur

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 03:44AM »

Another thing worth mentioning about Destiny is the abundance of magical and mythical elements. In the past albums we had very little of these, but now some of the songs clearly talk about them Smiley We have pixies in When You Go, the 'elven kiss' in Tir Na Nog and of course Skyrim makes us think of the fantasy world of Elder Scrolls and I See Fire, well, it's part of THe Hobbit soundtrack Cheesy It would be lovely if some of the future songs would be about Irish legends and myths, what do you think?

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 04:04AM »

Definitely! What I also love of this album is, that it's at once a tribute to the past of Celtic Woman (specifically the first show) but at the same time the start of a new era and a second decade of Celtic Woman.

Just think about it, all reprised songs (includes those on the dvd) are from the original concert. Siúlil a Rún, Si Do Mhaimeo I, You Raise Me Up, Danny Boy, Isle of Innisfree...

What I miss on the album is a certain highlight, but perhaps the dvd arrangements are a bit fuller. Westering Home probably, and from what I've heard in the sizzle reel My Land. Both of them lovely on the cd, but a bit weak.

Also, I hope in the future they will again sing more traditionals AND originals. However, I have to say, while the new composer does a good job, David Downes' compositions are a lot better. I hope he will write some songs for CW in the future. Same for Brendan Graham, I'd love to have some new CW songs written by him.

Breno

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 06:20AM »

Have no words for The Whole Of the Moon and Skylands. They're tragic. Poor Susan.   
I loved all the rest.

I give 5 stars for the CD in general, the best since A New Journey.

I stil don't like at all The Whole Of the Moon, but I'm now in love with Skylands.  Cheesy
Nothing like time.
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2015, 08:32AM »

Have no words for The Whole Of the Moon and Skylands. They're tragic. Poor Susan.   
I loved all the rest.

I stil don't like at all The Whole Of the Moon, but I'm now in love with Skylands.  Cheesy
Nothing like time.

Still haven't heard the song since I don't have the CD, but the sample sounded lovely! What is it? The mood of the song?
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 10:04AM »

They say it's getting use to a new style, but I don't see it sound as being a new style, many songs were in that style form!

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Breno

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 11:59AM »

I loved all the rest.

Nothing like time.

Still haven't heard the song since I don't have the CD, but the sample sounded lovely! What is it? The mood of the song?

I'm terrible to describe, but sometimes it sounds like a pop-rock girlband. lol The violin sounds electric to me, but I'm not sure.
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2015, 01:50PM »

I loved all the rest.

Nothing like time.

I'm terrible to describe, but sometimes it sounds like a pop-rock girlband. lol The violin sounds electric to me, but I'm not sure.
I doubt it's electric. We know that Mairead Nesbitt can play her violin SO many various ways. Case in point, Finale/Mo Ghile Mear. Plus electric violins have a bit of a different sound to them.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 12:37PM »

If you ask me, Máiréad is playing without a vibrato for once, which is uncommon for her, but more traditional and less classical.

By the way, I am really starting to like I See Fire... took me a while...

Sorgi

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2015, 06:12AM »

Hmm I guess I'll be adding to my itunes library...
Honestly I had forgotten this was coming but this morning I was meandering on twitter and came across some one ho had taken a picture of what their player was playing (must be early releases floating around),

Destiny
Skyrim
Celtic Woman

I went...ok I'm in. 
Am interested in how they pull skyrim off as it was originally recorded with 30 male voices, tracked 3 times for a total of 90.

-Dan

avalonfreak06

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2015, 02:55PM »

I ordered my CD from the German Amazon so I hope to be getting it sometime this week! Smiley Of the clips, I can already tell which ones will be my favorite ones: My Land, Bean Faidin, and When You Go as far as group numbers. Solo numbers: Mairead C: Like an Angel Passing through My Room, Susan: Sometimes a Prayer Will Do, BOTH of Eabha's songs Smiley , and Mairead N: Skyrim Smiley Ill have a more detailed review once I receive my CD, hopefully this week! Smiley
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2015, 01:35AM »

Here's my review:

1.) My Land
Rate: 3

2.) Siúli A Rún

3.) Ride On

4.) The Whole of the Moon

5.) Dragonborn (Skyrim Theme)
Rate: 5

6.) How Can I Keep From Singing
Rate: 4

7.) I See Fire

8.) Tír Na nÓg

9.) Óró Sé Do Bheatha Abhaile
Rate: 5 (My favorite song!)

10.) Sometimes A Prayer Will Do

11.) Bean Pháidín
Rate: 5

12.) Westering Home

13.) When You Go
Rate: 5 (My second favorite song!)

14.) Like An Angel Passing Through My Room
Rate: 1 (My least favorite song.)

15.) Walk Beside Me

16.) The Hills of Ireland

17.) Skyland

Overall, I thought it was a fantastic CD! Grin
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:48PM by Chandler Mattson » Logged
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2015, 06:18AM »

Another thing worth mentioning about Destiny is the abundance of magical and mythical elements. In the past albums we had very little of these, but now some of the songs clearly talk about them Smiley We have pixies in When You Go, the 'elven kiss' in Tir Na Nog and of course Skyrim makes us think of the fantasy world of Elder Scrolls and I See Fire, well, it's part of THe Hobbit soundtrack Cheesy It would be lovely if some of the future songs would be about Irish legends and myths, what do you think?
  I  might  be  wrong,  but  I  think  your  accurate  observations  are  due  to the  fact  that  Meav  is  now  the  official  "creative  consultant"  to  CW .  Of  all  the  CWs,  Meav  has  always  been  one  of  the most-if  not  THE  most  Celtic  oriented  or  focused.  This  is  largely  seen  on  most  of her  CDs . Meav  also  seems  to  enjoy  exploring  those mystical  themes  you  speak  of.  And  we  are  all  the  better  for  it.    Smiley

Excalibur

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2015, 04:29PM »

Agreed  Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: