Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Destiny to Compare & Not to by other CW Albums.  (Read 7678 times)
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« on: October 23, 2015, 12:11PM »

Compared to the sizzle reel of the dvd, this studio recoridng is overally toned down and less powerful. But that's the same with all CW albums. The dvds are always better. Also, I found Ride On tobe slightly depressing, even though it's abeautiful rendition of an otherwise okay, but not too impressive song.

I consider it to be one of their strongest albums. Not as good as A New Journey, not even as Celtic Woman. But definitely as good as Songs From The Heart, if not better, and better than Believe. But I love all albums and they mostly share their place Grin
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 12:31PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 12:13PM »

Compared to the sizzle reel of the dvd, this studio recoridng is overally toned down and less powerful. But that's the same with all CW albums. The dvds are always better. Also, I found Ride On tobe slightly depressing, even though it's abeautiful rendition of an otherwise okay, but not too impressive song.

I consider it to be one of their strongest albums. Not as good as A New Journey, not even as Celtic Woman. But definitely as good as Songs From The Heart, if not better, and better than Believe. But I love all albums and they mostly share their place Grin

This Album is toned down, SFTH & Believe CD or DVD are equally the same! You cannot compare
SFTH & Believe to A New Journey, CW or Destiny.
I would say A New Journey is the strongest, CW is the most Powerful so far "haven't heard Destiny on DVD so can't conclude yet"
SFTH is the strongest, and Believe is the most powerful. So you can't compete strong over powerful.
here is my ranking.. From The Most Amazing CW Top to Great CW Bottom.

Power
Celtic Woman Helix Original
Believe Home For Christmas
A New Journey A Christmas Celebration
Songs From The Heart

Heart Strong
Celtic Woman Helix Original
Believe
Songs From The Heart
A New Journey

Irish roots for CW
Destiny
A New Journey
Sfth

Destiny is the most Irish if you want someone to watch a DVD for Ireland.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 12:15PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 04:50AM »

Celtic Woman
The original song, with the premise to have "Sarah Brightman meets Charlotte Church meets Enya", while showing off the talents of five young Irish women, who all knew director and composer David Downes. The unique mix of traditional Celtic and other World music, Classical, Classical Crossover, New Age and Adult Contemporary first created what would be Celtic Woman's personal style.

A New Journey
The legendary show, following the structure of mixed styles of the first concert, but for the first time in two acts with an original ceili number in the middle. The same genres are kept, in their personaly style. By far the most popular of their shows - and rightfully so!

Songs From The Heart
The slowest and most low-toned show. All songs are highly emotional, hence the title, yet less traditional. It's beautiful, simple and calm.

Believe
The first, and so far only, concert filmed in the USA. Probably the least traditional and definitely the most glamurous of all shows, but still typically Celtic Woman. While still rather new, many of those songs have become classics by now.

Destiny
The least glamurous show, in contrast to Believe. Eleven years after the first show, it still features many elements of it, but it is new and original at the same time. It is more traditional again, yet still features contemporary music. The classical part, however, is probably the lowest here.

All of them are high in quality, both technical and emotional. All of them are brilliant!

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 10:58AM »

Brilliant! You clearly Delivered the detailing of each show. They should publish this it would be great for First Timer's deciding which show to buy and watch-- although I suggest going in order. Wink How about describing the differences between the two Christmas special's?

Celtic Woman
The original song, with the premise to have "Sarah Brightman meets Charlotte Church meets Enya", while showing off the talents of five young Irish women, who all knew director and composer David Downes. The unique mix of traditional Celtic and other World music, Classical, Classical Crossover, New Age and Adult Contemporary first created what would be Celtic Woman's personal style.

A New Journey
The legendary show, following the structure of mixed styles of the first concert, but for the first time in two acts with an original ceili number in the middle. The same genres are kept, in their personaly style. By far the most popular of their shows - and rightfully so!

Songs From The Heart
The slowest and most low-toned show. All songs are highly emotional, hence the title, yet less traditional. It's beautiful, simple and calm.

Believe
The first, and so far only, concert filmed in the USA. Probably the least traditional and definitely the most glamurous of all shows, but still typically Celtic Woman. While still rather new, many of those songs have become classics by now.

Destiny
The least glamurous show, in contrast to Believe. Eleven years after the first show, it still features many elements of it, but it is new and original at the same time. It is more traditional again, yet still features contemporary music. The classical part, however, is probably the lowest here.

All of them are high in quality, both technical and emotional. All of them are brilliant!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 11:01AM by rfcw » Logged

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 11:22AM »

A Christmas Celebration
A gentle, yet powerful and slightly mysterious collection of beautiful, mostly traditional, Christmas carols. It has a magical atmosphere and it stands out through its sublime and harmonious arrangements. In my eyes, the most perfect and balanced Celtic Woman album and show of all time.

Home for Christmas
The Christmas version of Believe, glamurous and modern with a classic, timeless touch. The arrangements are powerful, the audial, as well as the visual, design is bombastic. The music and the whole show are overall heavier than ACC, it is bursting with energy and strenght.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 02:19PM »

Destiny

That last line about the lack of Classical music is probably the one thing I'm disliking so far about Destiny. Even when Chloe (who was Celtic Woman's Classical and Classical Crossover girl) wasn't doing her usual, like in SFTH, they still had Non Ce Piu as a group number!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 02:29PM »

Mairéad Carlin studied classical singing and considering how well she sang Nella Fantasia and Ach Ich Fühl's, I would have loved her to sing a light aria or a classical crossover version of a traditional or contemporary song. She could have, for example, sang the finale/climax of I See Fire in a fuller soprano voice, same for Like An ANgel Passing Through. However, it all seemed a tiny bit bland. That's such a pity, consideirng she certainly has the ability.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 05:06PM »

Mairéad Carlin studied classical singing and considering how well she sang Nella Fantasia and Ach Ich Fühl's, I would have loved her to sing a light aria or a classical crossover version of a traditional or contemporary song. She could have, for example, sang the finale/climax of I See Fire in a fuller soprano voice, same for Like An ANgel Passing Through. However, it all seemed a tiny bit bland. That's such a pity, consideirng she certainly has the ability.
Agree 100%! Or they could've very easily done a group song! Not so much like Non Ce Piu (mostly cuz I don't think Susan or Eabha have classical training). More like Jesu, Joy. On that one, they had various vocal parts spread out over different and only Meav had the BIG soaring soprano part.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 05:39PM »

Bist Du Bei Mir?, Voi Che Sapete, Weep You No More Sad Fountains, Hijo De La Luna, O Mio Babbino Caro, The Lusty Month Of May, any song from The Phantom of the Opera, No One Like You, Who Wants To Live Forever?, Chil Il Bel Sogno Di Doretta, Half A Moment, Once Upon A Dream, Vavilov's Ave Maria, Greenesleeves, Schwere Träume, Chanson d'Efance, La Luna, Naturaleza Muerta, Con Te Partiro...

all of those songs could easily be arranged in a classical/crossover style and show off Mairéad's soprano range, aswell as they could be suitable for a group song.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 08:30AM »

Bist Du Bei Mir?, Voi Che Sapete, Weep You No More Sad Fountains, Hijo De La Luna, O Mio Babbino Caro, The Lusty Month Of May, any song from The Phantom of the Opera, No One Like You, Who Wants To Live Forever?, Chil Il Bel Sogno Di Doretta, Half A Moment, Once Upon A Dream, Vavilov's Ave Maria, Greenesleeves, Schwere Träume, Chanson d'Efance, La Luna, Naturaleza Muerta, Con Te Partiro...

all of those songs could easily be arranged in a classical/crossover style and show off Mairéad's soprano range, aswell as they could be suitable for a group song.
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much in terms of classical music and opera. I know whenever I hear it I love it! Lol! But I don't know many songs.

I will admit that I do LOVE your idea of Once Upon A Dream! SUCH a beautiful song! I'm also still waiting for the day when Celtic Woman covers Climb Ev'ry Mountain!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 08:37AM »

Well, most of these aren't even classical, but they definitely fit the Crossover side of CW! And Mai C could sing them beautifully...

Climb Ev'ry Mountain would be perfect!

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 10:08AM »

Just like I dream Lynn covering A Dream Is a Wish from Cinderella, Meav covering I'm Dreaming from Snow White,
and Alex on Belle's Suite!  Grin I know Once upon a December is relatively for the film for it's lyrics but Mairead C could bring it to CW.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much in terms of classical music and opera. I know whenever I hear it I love it! Lol! But I don't know many songs.

I will admit that I do LOVE your idea of Once Upon A Dream! SUCH a beautiful song! I'm also still waiting for the day when Celtic Woman covers Climb Ev'ry Mountain!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:10AM by rfcw » Logged

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 01:53PM »

Well, most of these aren't even classical, but they definitely fit the Crossover side of CW! And Mai C could sing them beautifully...

Climb Ev'ry Mountain would be perfect!
At this stage I'd welcome even a group Classical or Crossover song!

Speaking of the group as a whole, I know Mairead C and, of course, Mairead Nesbitt both have Classical training in their respective mediums (voice and violin respectively), and Susan does not. But what about Eabha?
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 02:06PM »

That's very difficult to say.

She might have no training at all, she might have classical training (like many non-classical singers still do), she has at least the training of being with Anúna, which is a lot... she is certainly a very skilled and technically versed. She has a wide range and a good control and can hit really high notes considering her generally low voice. To me, her range reminds me of Órlagh's, probably a bit deeper, while her tone reminds me of a way deeper version of Deirdre's voice...

CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 11:56PM »

Celtic Woman

A New Journey

Songs From The Heart

Believe

Destiny

Wow, this is a really good summary! Very succinct.

Some of my (less succinct / eloquent) additional thoughts:

Setting
- Songs from the Heart: Powerscourt House And Gardens was the most spectacular setting (in my opinion). The largest and most open of their settings. And the biggest (and most elaborate) stage design. The lighting on the building was beautiful (except during the generator issue...). Side-note: It was also the only one to have fireworks, although I would have been plenty impressed even without the pyrotechnics.
- A New Journey: Slane Castle was a close second. The stage served well as an extension of the castle's design. The lighting against the castle and the decorative flags was really beautiful.
- Believe: Although this was set indoors, it had the most elegant set. Filmed in the ornate Fabulous Fox theatre.
- Celtic Woman: The stage design was a interesting, but a bit confined. The central interest of the set itself was a circular projector screen. It was simpler / less elaborate than most of the subsequent sets.
- Destiny: Basically a plain, slightly curved stage and a giant video screen. Perhaps the plainest of all the sets. Slightly less confined than the original Celtic Woman set. Less depth but more width to the stage. Thankfully, my focus was mostly on the performers and the music.

Accompaniment
- Celtic Woman / A New Journey / Songs from the Heart / Celtic Woman: Rich and full orchestral and choir backing.
- Believe: Orchestral / choir backing was good, but slightly less powerful. Owing in part to the more contemporary set list, the accompaniment took on the characteristics of a band/orchestra hybrid and varied depending on the song.
- Destiny: The emphasis was more on the principal singers and Mairead Nesbitt. The most "band-like" accompaniment. The orchestra and choir arrangements didn't have as full a sound as previous concerts.

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: