Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: David Downes' Involvement  (Read 9272 times)
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« on: October 24, 2015, 09:23AM »

So I know David Downes himself stated he wasn't involved in this show but someone on YouTube replied to my comment about his absence and stated that he was still a producer. Can someone who already has the actual album in hand confirm or deny this?
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 10:33AM »

That's difficult to say. The arrangements were made by Méav and partially Máiréad N, none of the original songs were written by him. So he was obviously not involved with the music.
However, I am almost certain that Éabha was cast by David and no one else. Also, I assume he never "left" CW, but just doesn't work on the group right now. So, he's officially still involved, but simply doing something else right now.

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 10:55AM »

However, I am almost certain that Éabha was cast by David and no one else. Also, I assume he never "left" CW, but just doesn't work on the group right now. So, he's officially still involved, but simply doing something else right now.

Right. I am 100% certain that the suggestion of Eabha becoming a member of CW came from Lisa Lambe & since theyve been working together alot on "The Bloody Irish". Theyve had a lot of time to talk about the future of CW Smiley Im sure that David is just taking a break to work on 'The Bloody Irish, and also another artist called 'Brett Pruneau, whom he has been helping create a cd.  For the immediate future, he may just want to be helping individual artists create cds & help their solo careers take off, which is a great thing, and he cant be blamed for doing that at all.

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
ina

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 11:02AM »

Mr. Downes is only listed for producing the Bonus Tracks. The Album is produced by Gavin Murphy.
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 11:37AM »

That's difficult to say. The arrangements were made by Méav and partially Máiréad N, none of the original songs were written by him. So he was obviously not involved with the music.
But Eabha's casting could've also been done by Meav too. After all, she was in Anuna and she also knows that David likes to pick from the Anuna pool.

As for the rest of it, yes I know of his other projects but, typically, soundtracks are recorded weeks before the show is filmed. So I was wondering more about whether or not he produced the album. I know he wasn't involved in the filming process.

Also, I am looking forward to Brett Pruneau's solo album if it's truly in the works! I LOVE his version of If You're Not The One!
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 07:03PM »

Anyone know what the bonus tracks are? Orinoco Flow, etc.

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: