Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PBS airings?  (Read 4834 times)
avalonfreak06

« on: October 28, 2015, 10:43AM »

So I messaged my PBS Station in St. Louis, MO, and this is what they had to say to me.

"Thank you for your note. We are aware of this new offering from Celtic Woman. At this time, we do not have it on our program schedule for our upcoming pledge drive, but will certainly consider airing it during this pledge drive or perhaps the one in the Spring."

How disappointing! I will be so mad at them if they do not show this.  They also did not show Lisa and David's Bloody Irish showing either.  It is almost like they do not want to associate with Celtic Woman anymore.

I sure hope they change their minds and will showing it when everyone else gets to see it.  I made them aware that the DVD and CD would most likely be already released and people will have purchased it for the spring to try and change their minds, but we will see.

Fingers crossed!  Huh
avalonfreak06

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 04:56PM »

I just heard back from my PBS station again about the possibility of them showing Destiny.  Once again, they say that they are not scheduling Destiny to be broadcasted.  They say they generally schedule the CW special in conjunction with their tours.  They said that since a St. Louis date has yet to be announced for 2016, they dont know when they are showing it yet. Ugh, how depressing!   Huh
Eric90

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 05:20PM »

I've been seeing people on Facebook say they've already seen it and Mairead Carlin even tweeted a video of her watching it on TV in Washington, I wonder what's going on? my PBS station didn't air The Bloody Irish either I E-Mailed them about that one, I'll have to e-mail them about Destiny too!

avalonfreak06

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 06:30PM »

I've been seeing people on Facebook say they've already seen it and Mairead Carlin even tweeted a video of her watching it on TV in Washington, I wonder what's going on? my PBS station didn't air The Bloody Irish either I E-Mailed them about that one, I'll have to e-mail them about Destiny too!

Hopefully you dont get the same response as I did. They've always played them before, I dont know what their deal is!
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 08:10AM »

My station in Kansas City, MO is not playing it yet either, and I don't think they will at all. Undecided I'm really bummed out about it, too.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:25AM by Chandler Mattson » Logged
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 11:20AM »

Could they air more so in 2016.?

I search on PBS & GPB and 0 results even on the schedule.
Perhaps there was one on Dec 1st, but no guarantee.

I seen all the special's HFC, Emerald, even CW Fan Favorites ..this one is a bugger to wait Undecided

Il Volo was amazing to discover along the wait of this Destiny still unseen. Smiley

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
avalonfreak06

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 02:28PM »

Could they air more so in 2016.?

I search on PBS & GPB and 0 results even on the schedule.
Perhaps there was one on Dec 1st, but no guarantee.

I seen all the special's HFC, Emerald, even CW Fan Favorites ..this one is a bugger to wait Undecided

Il Volo was amazing to discover along the wait of this Destiny still unseen. Smiley

The problem that I told our PBS about is that the DVD/CD/Bluray all comes out January 15 so we will all own it and wont need to watch it on PBS. Less support I guess.
John910

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 10:43PM »

WVIA and WVIA 2 has shown it 3 times in 23 hours. Friday night at 8pm and Saturday afternoon at 1:30pm  on WVIA and Saturday night at 9pm on WVIA 2. I watched all 3.

I looked at the schedule guide and it looks like it will be shown Sunday night at 7pm on WVIA 2 and I think another time on WVIA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: