Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Destiny on iTunes and a "Very Special Announcement"  (Read 6037 times)
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« on: December 04, 2015, 10:58AM »

Announcement from Celtic Woman Tour's Facebook page:

"Celtic Woman's new album "Destiny', featuring 16 brand new tracks, is now available for download on iTunes.
Just search "Celtic Woman Destiny" in your iTunes account.

You can also pre-order your "Destiny" CD on Amazon.com, which will be released January 15th 2016, on the following link
http://smarturl.it/CWDestiny_AmzCD

Please tell your friends!

We also have a very special announcement coming later today that should make your start to 2016 a little bit more exciting than usual!!
#Destiny"

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:09AM by Traveling Spaceman » Logged

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Gerard

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 01:47PM »

It's available on the french iTunes (unlike Lullaby, Songs From the Heart and Believe). Two titles can already be bought : "The Whole of the Moon" and "Walk Beside Me". Same release date as in the US (january 15th).
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 04:19PM »

UPDATE: Turns out the "very special announcement" was that they're doing 2016 calendars, which has been on the website for some time now.

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 04:34PM »

That's... nice, but I am actually a bit disappointed. I hoped for... I don't know... a new music video, a fifth member, a special tv or whatever appearance, an additional single for Christmas, something... exciting.

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 10:04PM »

That's... nice, but I am actually a bit disappointed. I hoped for... I don't know... a new music video, a fifth member, a special tv or whatever appearance, an additional single for Christmas, something... exciting.

That's what I was thinking, too.

And to clarify for US fans, even though they did use the term "for download" in the text of the FB message, right now you can only pre-order it for download. The only thing that's new is, it wasn't on iTunes USA at all previously. Now, you can see it and pre-order it.

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 07:16AM »

All in all, I think that was really making up Great Expectations...

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 04:10PM »

YaY Grin I still love my SFTH calendar!..//
UPDATE: Turns out the "very special announcement" was that they're doing 2016 calendars, which has been on the website for some time now.

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 04:24PM »

I must agree and say the (3) member's of Chloe,Lisa K & Lisa L were fantastic for Believe.
Chloe, Susan & Lisa L still made it work, I guess as long as Lisa L is still there for soprano.
then suddenly Mairead C, Susan & Lynn were the ultimate Best new era of trio perfectly during all of Emerald 2014
(again for Lynn as soprano). The only reasons, including Chloe or Lynn 1 former member in made it truly special combining
along the new mix.

As a Celtic Woman sound, Chloe,Lisa K & Lisa L was one beautiful mix for only (three).
Afterwards 2012-they all sounded too similar, I loved it but not variety more just powerness.
Lynn brought that back a bit in 2014. The Tenth Anniversary was phenomenal as you could hear
three separate different tones from 1 former member in soprano including Alex (whom can sing any range also!)

Eabha is the first time they decided to have one member on a totally different sound since the threesome with Alex.
However, with these (3) with one sounding so different something feels short.
If you have 3 similar's then that goes terrific, but when you have 2 Mairead C & Susan then add Eabha,
Eabha feel's alone on the side. Just like if you took Chloe, Lisa K & Orla, but not have Lynn or Meav.

With this setup they need a former member return or else add a fifth member to harmonize.
Susan & Carlin aren't seeming sounding so different from each other, and Eabha alone different can be shocking.
Perhaps if Orla or Alex joined them it would flow back. 2 alto's 2 sopranics.  Smiley
When Lullaby came for Lynn, Chloe & Lisa K they were terrific but to continue CW 1 member felt short then.

What do you celtic fannies think? ......

« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 04:30PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 04:51PM »

I'm also really disappointed in the "special announcement." Why is that even an announcement when we've known about the calender for a while? I was hoping it was be something new. Sad

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 05:17PM »

Perhaps if Orla or Alex joined them it would flow back. 2 alto's 2 sopranics.  Smiley

Órlagh is a mezzo-soprano and Alex is a soprano. There has never been a contralto with CW...

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 09:51PM »

Deja Vu! Cheesy

My point is have either Alex or Orla back would support Eabha's side..
Glad to hear Alex is soprano, she is to me Smiley
What is y'all viewpoints on CW long line lineups. Roll Eyes
One person mentioned that Believe couldn't compete to SfTH and that SfTH was the last big CW show..

Órlagh is a mezzo-soprano and Alex is a soprano. There has never been a contralto with CW...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: