Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bethlehem, PA on 12/13/2015  (Read 3343 times)
John910

« on: December 16, 2015, 12:52AM »

I had the pleasure of attending the Bethlehem, PA stop on the Symphony Tour on December 13th. It appeared to be just about sold out.
The orchestra conductor, Lloyd Butler, came out and the orchestra started with the “Polar Express” (suite). There were no greetings or welcoming remarks by anyone before that.
Next up was “Carol of The Bells” (one of my favorites) with Mairead C., Eabha, Susan, and Mairead N. Then there was “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”, “Silent Night” (another of my favorites), “White Christmas”, Ding Dong Merrily On High” (a favorite of mine), “The Christmas Song”, what sounded like “Shenandoah” preceded “The Butterfly”, “The Little Drummer Boy”, “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town” (I like that arrangement), “Danny Boy”, and “O! Tannenbaum” to end the first half. I did not see any widespread standing ovations at the end of the first half. I wanted to start one in my section, but by then it was too late.
The second half started with “Sleigh Ride” (orchestra only) followed by “In the Bleak Midwinter” with Mairead Nesbitt. Then came “It’s Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas”, “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”, “It Came Upon a Midnight Clear”, “Granuaile’s Dance”, “Auld Lang Syne” (I like that arrangement and tune), “We Three Kings” ( another arrangement I like). “You Raise Me Up” was followed by a widespread standing ovation as well as “O Come All Ye Faithful” in which they asked for the audience to join in singing. “Let It Snow” ended the show.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: