Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our dress ideas  (Read 29024 times)
Excalibur

« on: December 31, 2015, 09:20AM »

Since we all like to talk about the songs we'd like to hear from the girls, how about talking about the dresses we would like to see them wearing? I'm dreadful when it comes to sketching or drawing, but that didn't stop me Tongue Here's a little sketch of a dress for Eabha, feel free to share yours as well as I'm sure a lot of you are very good at drawing Smiley Who knows if Synan won't be inspired by us someday? Wink

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 10:19AM »

I  think  Eabha  would  look  fantastic  in  floor  length  blue.  And  don't  worry-  I  am  worse  at  drawing  than  you  are.   Cheesy   

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 10:45AM »

This is unbelievably gorgeous! I love the rainbow-ish accents and the empire top, even though it stillhas an hourglass silhouette!

Oh my, I have so many dresses in mind! I really should draw them ^_^

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 09:33AM »

Here are my dress ideas for my "Days Gone By" concert idea: http://orig05.deviantart.net/0f3c/f/2016/001/c/1/days_gone_by_by_xxlionqueenxx-d9mb9fp.png
The cocnert: http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=20866.0

Here's the inspiration:
Éabha is tall and has a very good posture, but stil a defined hourglass shape and a deep, ethereal voice. I wanted to show off how grand she is. The first dress is, like all the first act dresses, white with silver accents and it's based on a Roman godess' dress, but also on late 20s/early 30s fashion. It's a tall, straight up dress anf suits her perfectly. The second act dress shows off her body shape better. It's dark teal with bronze accents and and avery wide tail. This works out perfectly, because of her height. It is also a tribute to the brilliant merMéav - a sea coloured mermaid dress!

None of Mairéad C's dresses really show off her hourglass shape, but they suit her personality. This is in the tradition of Synan's designs, because, when he experiments with fashion, he does it with Mai C's dresses. Mai loves vintage fashion, especially the 60s. The first act dress is Hippie-ish, and fits the late 60s/early 70s (and her Vegan nature!), the second dress is based on the flapper style dresses of the 20s. In fact, it's the straight up, boyish style of the 20s that had the most influences on early 60s style. The dresses were shorter and the waistline disappeared, both times in comparison to the earlier decade(s). Both styles came in a wave with women's liberation. It's really interesting and I think a flapper style dress would be perfect for Mai C. Also, I think a shorter dress would be interesting to see, especially on her. And her short hairstyle would look gorgeous in 20s water waves combined with dark eye make up! The firsta ct dress might have been a better fit for her second act song - Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters, but as it is a homage to New York, a flapper style might still work.

Susan's first act dress is similar to several dresses Synan has designed for her - a very wide skirt, and a pinaforte tap with very wide straps to cover her breasts instead of a normal top. It suits her shape very much, as Susan is less courvacious then the other girls. It's white, too, and has, of course silver accents, like the others. Her second act dress is very elegant and suits her classic platinum hair perfectly, especially combined with equally red lipstick and silver earrings. Her two dresses are also very much in contrast - the first act dress shows a lot of skin and creates the illusion of the a different body shape. It also takes up much space in stage. The second act dress shows no skin at all, but exactly her shape and it gives her a much smaller frame. The dresses are opposites, so to speak.

Máiréad N's first act dress is based on the skirt of her second act SFTH dress, very tulip like, with a very simple, classic top. Her second act dress is based on both her ANJ second act dresses. A top with a skirt made of fabric strips like the DVD one, yet multicoloured, like the tour one. However, instead of rainbwo colours, I chose teal, midnight blue and red - the colours of the other girls' dresses. Her top is platinum, to suit the bronze, gold and silver of the other girls.

I specifically chose styles based on older CW dresses and on older fashion styles, to suit the theme of the concert I created. The first act dresses are allw hite, the second act dresses are coloured, but different, in a similar manner to the ANJ DVD and tour. The ceili dresses are re-used from ANJ,e xcept that Mái N has one too, in multicolour.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:55AM by ShiningBright » Logged

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 10:07AM »

Also, here are the second act dresses for my A Christmas Jubilation concert idea:
http://orig07.deviantart.net/3674/f/2016/003/3/a/a_christmas_jubilation___2nd_act_dresses_by_xxlionqueenxx-d9mlad9.png

I imagine them to be prettier than in the picture... especially the stars on Mai C's and the landscape on Susan's dress.

The others will follow... not now... I haven't even started...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:11AM by ShiningBright » Logged

Excalibur

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 01:41PM »

Cool Cheesy

Here's something for Susan & Mairead C

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 02:39PM »

Wow! Those are beautiful, especially Susan's! Looks a lot like Synan's style.

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 09:05AM »

Here's the first atc of my Christmas dresses: http://orig15.deviantart.net/5041/f/2016/004/7/0/a_christmas_jubilation___1st_act_dresses_by_xxlionqueenxx-d9mpweq.png

The shading on Mái N's looks odd :/

Excalibur

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 09:20AM »

I love Susan's dress, kinda looks like a dark version of Méav's ANJ 1st act gown Cheesy

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 09:37AM »

It was the inspiration Wink

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 09:11AM »

Your not Dreadful x not any of You!!

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 09:13AM »

Susan wearing a landscape Shocked. Susan's Pj's can be also it's hard for me to see this in real. Though I could be wrong. ><

Also, here are the second act dresses for my A Christmas Jubilation concert idea:
http://orig07.deviantart.net/3674/f/2016/003/3/a/a_christmas_jubilation___2nd_act_dresses_by_xxlionqueenxx-d9mlad9.png

I imagine them to be prettier than in the picture... especially the stars on Mai C's and the landscape on Susan's dress.

The others will follow... not now... I haven't even started...

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 09:22AM »

Excalibur

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 03:51PM »

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 04:23PM »

Wow, this is perfect!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: