Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DVD Review  (Read 6036 times)
Celtic4life

« on: January 15, 2016, 07:25PM »

I love the new opening footage. Reminds me of "A New Journey", but who's the lady in video?

I wish they would have included behind the scenes footage like they did up to "Believe" DVD. Seems like every DVD since then has just been concert only.

There is more stage footage than audience on this one. I'm glad CW listened and kept cameras off audience and focused on what was on stage. (Emerald got on my nerves with the little girl dancing, it's fine with one shot showing audience enjoyment but over and over again is annoying)

I was interested on how Skyrim would be presented, it was amazing! I can't wait to see how they present that on the tour.

I did notice that there were no titles during the whole concert at the beginning of every song.

I am glad Mairead N had multiple solos. (Also speaking role at the end.)
Butterfly sounds like what they did at the end of Emerald and Tenth Anniversary Tours.

The exit song no longer "At the Ceili" they  changed it to Butterfly.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 08:32PM by Celtic4life » Logged
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 07:36AM »

About the titles... And please correct me if I'm mistaken... But during the PBS airing of Emerald, didn't they not have the titles, but then they were on the DVD? Regardless, CW is rather inconsistent with that one.

Also! SO glad there's not so many audience shots. That gets irritating really fast.
Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 11:24PM »

I love the new opening footage. Reminds me of "A New Journey", but who's the lady in video?

I wish they would have included behind the scenes footage like they did up to "Believe" DVD. Seems like every DVD since then has just been concert only.

There is more stage footage than audience on this one. I'm glad CW listened and kept cameras off audience and focused on what was on stage. (Emerald got on my nerves with the little girl dancing, it's fine with one shot showing audience enjoyment but over and over again is annoying)

I was interested on how Skyrim would be presented, it was amazing! I can't wait to see how they present that on the tour.

I did notice that there were no titles during the whole concert at the beginning of every song.

I am glad Mairead N had multiple solos. (Also speaking role at the end.)
Butterfly sounds like what they did at the end of Emerald and Tenth Anniversary Tours.

The exit song no longer "At the Ceili" they  changed it to Butterfly.

I'm glad you liked the concert.  Assuming that the choir members are listed in the credits, could you tell me who they were since they all seemed to be brand new.

Gerard

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 01:30AM »

Amazon.com has just informed me that the DVD is on its way. It will be a loooooong fortnight.
Hugo D.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 10:16AM »

Is there a 'UK' version of this DVD
I've only noticed US, Australian and German versions available?

Hugo D.
Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 11:11AM »

I've only noticed US, Australian and German versions available?

unfortunatly there is no German DVD available. Just the CD (since october 2015)

Hugo D.

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 07:11AM »

Saves me learning German then!

Hguo D.
[/b][/i]
Celtic4life

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 05:40PM »

Jonas,
Here's the list of choir members.

Allison Saul Bracken
Julie Shanley
Kate Donoghue
Keri Ann Rowan
Shane Barriscale
Andrew Garvin
Kieran Carthy
Callan Coughlan
Aaron Doyle
Kevin Carty
Ronan Sugrue
Shokri Francis Raoof
Celtic4life

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 05:47PM »

Now on the CD they recorded with another choir in the studio. On the CD they have the following as choir members:

Shane Barriscale
Tristan Caldwell
Morgan Crowley
Ernest Dines
Louis Mahon
Eunan McDonald
Paul McLoughlin  (Director)
John McKeown
George Rice

Looks like Shane Barriscale was only choir member on CD and DVD.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 06:12PM »

I think the female choir has taken on for Susan McFadden's rendition of a song called "The Whole Of The Moon".

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 09:08PM »

Wow, they are all new indeed.  Is this still the Aontas Choral Ensemble, or is it a completely different choral ensemble now?

Quite interesting that the choir members on the album were mostly different.  Do you think on the past albums as well, the choir members were different from the respective DVD recordings?

I wander if some of the choir members from the DVD or CD will be touring with them for the Destiny tour, especially with Sarah, Edel, and Nicholas leaving.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: