Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Curious About This Photo  (Read 11443 times)
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« on: September 09, 2016, 04:27PM »

CW posted this new picture and it's really pretty! But I'm curious about why they made Mairéad Carlin's hair different from the original picture? Huh

Original Pic:

Also, to me, it looks like Tara is wearing one of the dresses the girls wore from the Anniversary Tour and on the "Tír na nÓg" music video! Smiley
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 09:30PM by Chandler Mattson » Logged
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 07:33PM »

photo shopped !! Smiley

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 12:42AM »

Not how, but why Wink

I have no idea, why. But could it be possible that some of her black hair disappeared while cutting her out from the black background, so they had to "replace" it. Especially since the official CW photoshops in the last years have always been highly unprofessional and inept looking. So many of their graphics scream "I need gamma correct!"

As for Tara's dress, it might be one of those, but I don't really think so. The embroidery looks slightly different.

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 04:30AM »

It  is  a  gorgeous  pic  of  all  of  them, though.    Kiss  x  4

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 07:57AM »

I would more say it could be Susan's HFC White dress or Carlins, than Anniversary.
The Tir na nOg were the Anniversary Finale dresses which this one doesn't have X Tour appearance nor embroidery.
The closest possible to X tour be Susan's middle-half dress when she sang Isle Of Hope/Caledonia.

As for the hair, if that was a situation wouldn't Eabha had the same thing done to hers.
I think they loved the look to redo a shot. They redid pics for Lynn many times. I don't know
why they didn't accept the original short hair. It looks like a Symphony pic by the way.

----------
For Emerald I understood, Interesting however why they ended up doing again a 2nd new pic for Lynn or was it Lynn's favor to for The Anniversary

whereas Meav and Alex didn't, unless Meav was a new current one with her HFC dress top. Alex looks to be her very own signature pic.
What Alex wore herself on her own pic, that fabric embroidery would match and fit so well to her coming X Tour Gold Dress coincidence CW would get the right inspiration as what to do for her & it fit right in alongside Mairead C's Anniversary signature shot.  

Also, to me, it looks like Tara is wearing one of the dresses the girls wore from the Anniversary Tour and on the "Tír na nÓg" music video! Smiley

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 09:50AM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 02:44PM »

I have no idea, why. But could it be possible that some of her black hair disappeared while cutting her out from the black background, so they had to "replace" it. Especially since the official CW photoshops in the last years have always been highly unprofessional and inept looking. So many of their graphics scream "I need gamma correct!"

That's a really good point! Mairéad's hair did blend in with the background of the original photo, so maybe that's why they decided to change it. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 02:48PM by Chandler Mattson » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: