Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Celtic Woman Tour  (Read 19429 times)
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2017, 02:24PM »

CWSOCIAL is the code according to CW's Facebook.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2017, 03:46PM »

tickets go on sale for Providence on Fri. the 13th......now where`s my "GOT MAIREAD?" shirt??

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2017, 03:48PM »

tickets go on sale for Providence on Fri. the 13th......now where`s my "GOT MAIREAD?" shirt??
Yeah -- like they're going to let you in. Wink
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2017, 03:50PM »

Yeah -- like they're going to let you in. Wink
I`ll bribe them, after all, it IS Rhode Island....they`ll assume I`m a local poletician.  Maybe IF I brought some of my squirrels , the possum and racoon with me, I`d have the WHOLE front row  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 04:07PM by Kevin R.I. » Logged

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2017, 04:10PM »

Maybe IF I brought some of my squirrels , the possum and racoon with me, I`d have the WHOLE front row  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Can you keep 'em all quiet during the show?
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2017, 04:16PM »

Possibly...though the squirrels yell at each other, hopefully they`ll like Irish music and be quiet. I`d be sure to bring PLENTY of walnuts.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
wraith257

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2017, 07:25PM »

Celtic Woman coming to the Morris Performing Arts Center South Bend Indiana
Friday April 20 2018 on sale now with password CWVN
Tickets for general public on sale Oct. 13
Also coming to The Embassy Theatre Fort Wayne Indiana
Sunday June 10 2018 presale password also CWVN
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 07:33PM by wraith257 » Logged
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2017, 05:17PM »

This is gonna be hard to write but I feel I must speak my truth. And, truth be told, I'm not too sure how to feel about the upcoming tour...

For one thing, financially, I can't do it this year. I've been every year since the 2011 SFTH Tour. I'm disappointed that I won't be able to go this year. But! There are more pressing things I need to handle first.

But, on the other hand, I'm disappointed overall with VOA. Yes, it was a good show. But the CD is probably one of my least played. It was a good CD, but so much of it was old material that I certainly didn't love it. I actually really loved Destiny! I loved all the solos (except Mairead C's which, I felt, didn't properly showcase her abilities), Westering Home is my fave from the album, and I loved all the group songs. My only complaint was When You Go. I love the song and think it's a lot of fun! But I didn't care for it as an opener at all.

Now! With VOA, I loved Tara's solos. I loved Mairead's solos but was disappointed when they didn't have A Time For Us on tour and instead had what I consider the inferior Dulaman (I really don't like the VOA version much) as her solo. Susan's solos were okay. She Moved is only good because of the added visuals on tour. Otherwise, I think it's lackluster. And stop with The Voice! Give Susan a chance to sing her own power number! Just her, no choir. A musical number! Maybe Memory or On My Own. Eabha's Sean Nos number on tour was breathtaking. But it wasn't on the CD. Instead, we only got IOH, IOT. It's a beautiful song, but I felt it was much better as a group number.

The group songs were very good. I loved the new Movie Ghile Mear. I also really enjoy the new Nil.

But overall, I was disappointed with this show. One thing I loved about SFTH and Believe is that there were duets between each permutation of singers. I loved that! It showed the different harmonies and the talents of the girls. I also miss the more crowd thumping songs. The ones that really get the audience going. TAR was a prime example. But the new one is too mellow for that. Sing Out and Spanish Lady both encouraged the audience to clap along. And Green Grow even brought the audience in to sing with the girls.

What I loved about Destiny was that almost everything about it was new. Was it perfect? No. But it was the new Director's first time. And it was really good! But VOA was disappointing....

The best VOA songs were the completely new ones. Keeping some of the old classics is all well and good, but it's time to refresh the catalog. I hope, with Homecoming, they bring in new songs for the girls to solo for. Don't give them slightly different arrangements of old classics. Give them the chance to make new classics!
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2017, 07:52PM »

was just looking at the locations of the upcoming tour.......   Not going to happen for us this year.
Nothing even close to us.    Sad

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2017, 09:17PM »

It  seems  they  are  skipping  Minnesota  this  year.     Cry

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: