Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is next with Celtic Woman ?  (Read 30009 times)
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2018, 11:17PM »

I would also like to point something out: Lots of people were commenting on CW performing with THK saying that Susan was touching her stomach a lot so she must be pregnant. But if you watch any of the CW vids with Susan, you'll find that, when she doesn't have choreography to do, half the time Susan will put her hands to her chest and stomach. Look at the end of Mo Ghile Mear from Emerald. She does it quite a bit there.

I'm only saying this because, seeing as I posted the links on another thread, I feel I'm responsible for this rumor mill. But the fact is, I DIDN'T say pregnant cuz we don't know. Susan will tell us her news when she feels she wants to. For all we know, it could end up being something like in 2013 where she ended up doing Cats but nobody really knew! Speculation is great and all. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

She puts her hands on her diaphragm to help her sing. Chloe does it as well when she sings. Actually, I think all the girls do it time to time while singing.
  Yeppers ....   Cool

CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2018, 11:15PM »

Sue had her hair extensions done at Great Lengths on the same day as the Celtic Woman photo shoot.

That suggests she is going to be a part of the Johnstown Castle production and new album. If that's the case, we probably won't have more information as far as "what's next" until October, after the show.

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2018, 06:44AM »

Ok a few things I got from this. She might have not mentioned about recording but anto was doing something that week. If pregnant and showing during taping )IF) she could have them work camera magic and have synan do a dress that conceals! And she may have the baby, if she is, before the tour and come on tour next year but choose not to say! But we will find out next week during eabhas wedding and all the pics! Unless she does head shots and keep it secret! But that will be a very good indicator!
Oh and not to stir anything up but I did see the said video w the high King’s. The one someone was in front of the camera so I couldn’t tell but the second video I could. Yes she is doing all the was said on the thread. But, the way she had her hand, which yes I know she and other singers do that!) but her hand on the stomach seemed a bit further away and she turnded sideways for a second and looks like a possible bump?! But her dress concealed it very well! And looked really cute and comfy! But that’s. Def what I got from the video!?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:07AM by barb kantartzis » Logged

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2018, 01:40PM »

Now that Susan has officially announced she's taking leave from Celtic Woman (congrats Sue and Anto), the question remains: what's next?

It sounded from Sue's video today that she thinks there's a possibility she won't be back, but she's keeping the door and her mind open to the possibility of return.

Whether or not she recorded anything for the new album I don't know.  She may have recorded with them a few weeks ago and didn't post about it.  Also, they did appear to be recording some songs before the tour, so maybe Sue got in some songs then.  But with her announcement coming before the Johnstown Castle show, there's almost no chance she'll be a principal performer in that show and certainly no chance she'll be on the Best of Christmas tour this year.

We believe there is an announcement coming soon from CaraNua about a possible tour in the US.  That doesn't necessarily rule out Alex for the Johnstown Castle show or the Best of Christmas tour.  But I think we'll see a brand new member announced either today or tomorrow, which would signal that Sue will not be on the 2019 North American tour at the very least.

I know not everyone was keen with Celtic Woman giving Sue retread after retread of Lisa Kelly's signature songs, but regardless of what one thought of her role with the group, one must acknowledge the great vocal balance she had with Mairead Carlin and Eabha.  I have no doubt that the next member of Celtic Woman will be incredibly talented, but Sue fit in so perfectly in recent arrangements / harmonies.  I'm curious to see if they try to make the new Celtic Woman sing those same arrangements.  Personally, I think they would be better off moving forward with new songs and new arrangements than trying to fit anyone new into Sue's shoes.

What do you think?

Any guesses (besides Alex or Anabel Sweeney) as to who the next Celtic Woman might be?

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2018, 02:13PM »

First huge congrats to sue and anto!! But we shamal see about the taping? W stna s dress manic and camera manic it may work?! But we will see if a new member arises? Specially w anto being a key role to! But she may have kept the recordings private though since she is like that and I don’t blame her ( loved how she waited till after eabhas wedding to announce!) definitely no way for the Christmas tour and anto doesn’t do that one anyways (I think, and never been to a Christmas concert). But I have a feeling 4 months later she may be back on tour. May not be the first few weeks or first month. but w anto it may be easier for her! We can only wait and see!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2018, 11:08AM »

Introduction to Susan Next Step's & Pathway
It look's by Susan being so emotional which we all know has to do by the uncertanty because of course it will be decision for her and her new baby whether or not she would fortake the touring life with the baby and tread Lisa Kelly's & Meav's footsteps but for the emotional response not knowing what route to take I mean she could try it and if she finds it's not the best with the baby along or else she wants some time to raise the baby in a home be a mom then it would be lesser when or how she could be back in CW as a full time member.

If Susan went The Lisa Kelly route
If Susan is to do what Lisa Kelly has done she would have to accept the path and tour but the difference is with Lisa I don't think this was her first child or first pregnancy and for Meav I don't know either.  

Difficult Either Or Decision
My Guess is this is difficult because Yes she's blessed and proud for the baby, but leaving the group and job she Loves so Dearly enjoys leaving being a member with Mairead, Eabha with Tara in this lineup. Seems to me if she goes the Lisa K route she can still be a member and return 2019 and Alex could fill for the Christmas Tour up until 2019 when Susan's ready but if she doesn't will for this and takes a leave for her own period then a new member would follow which if she is welcome back the chances she be back like Lynn taking the space for somebody like this new member which may be in a long time depends how long this new member decided be a member  2-3 maximum.

If this Lineup Harmony is Important for Celtic Woman
If Susan is important for the current fantastic lineup as special as this one then having Alex be on board for a while like Lynn did 2014-2015 for the Lisa L absence then easy for Alex to go and easy for Susan be a full member again.

Guest Member's Only for In & Out
A member filling and then telling the new member to depart would only work for a Guest New Member example : Rebecca Winkworth, like Hayley Westenra was, Anabel Sweeney would work for a CW Special Edition Member but it would be not so good if they did the Deirdre Shannon thing again..a former member is perfect for the in and out also!

The New Special needs the Homecoming Harmony: Homeland &  Best of Christmas Tour needs it!
If for some reason this Special is dependent on Homecoming style of the threesome and Susan sings but can't dance would it be lovely to have Alex do what Susan doesn't do such for instance Murphy's Ballroom of Romance. Susan could still sing standing too & it would be beautifully showing Celtic Woman members being there for one another plus it would not be shocking because Alex was a Homecoming Tour member and she did Homeland, Murphy's Ballroom of Romance, Going Home, etc! How Beautiful would be that. Remember Susan and Alex share the same to help Lisa K when she was pregnant so now it's Alex to help Susan. Be together is amazing because they fill for each other. Duh!

After 2018 they can start fresh for another new year with a new voice to make a new Celtic Woman sound starting fresh for 2019.
Therefore Alex can go and do a US Tour with Caranua..
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 11:56AM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Celtic4life

« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2018, 10:17AM »

It looks like according to their tour schedule this was filmed back on June 15th. So there was plans to release this at a good time, so we should be hearing soon on if there will he a temporary replacement.
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2018, 03:24PM »

My guts is suspecting Cry Susan will not be on the album. I don't know how they will do it unless Susan is on the album and the new member does the DVD much like Chloe for HFC the CD & Susan doing the DVD. That's how CW usually go...Although this is a a big Celtic Woman special for the album and the album for specials with the exception of HFC are same!  So if the album carries the special as norm it is for a Celtic Woman PBS Special then if Susan is not in then we might more likely not get the track with Homeland with Susan unless they release them separate.

It be really lovely they add one solo from Susan the new one from Homecoming and Homeland can have The new member voice added to the Homecoming Homeland recording they already used on the tour trailer. Do the same like they did with Meav for the Voice's of Angels CD.

Only We'll See
What happens....what CW Does!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:27PM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: