Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Akron April 9,2019 review  (Read 7028 times)
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« on: April 10, 2019, 01:46PM »

Ok just a little review of things from the Akron ancient land show last night, since I’m not sure where to post this!!) but in general it was amazing!! I know phantom is up in cleveland so that’s why the girls where down in Akron! But parking was good and it was easy to find regardless of construction... but leaving took an hour and no one moved out  of the garage so that could be better! But going into the theatre was stunning, turn of the century!! Waited in line to take pics with the girls which only one came out but that’s ok and we had to fix seats since my aunt was elderly and in no position to sit where we were going to sit. But the amazing staff quickly fixed it for us!! The new songs in the show were beautiful even the redone older ones!! The dancing was on point to and everyone seemed to have a blast on stage! Couple lil things I noticed though. The lighting was good sound was bad!! Instruments were to loud and the girls were not (my cds are like that to) but the poor girls were screaming literally trying to fight and sing over the instruments many times. Hurt my throat just to think about it. And Eabha sounded very raspy/ tired tonight to. But I know sickness has been going around maybe?? Via the girls dresses- Both Mairéad were my favorites and her hair tonight looked cute (same style as mine!!) eabha second dress was pretty and different to! Tara looked and played pretty all night! Not a big stage for her to dance around on though! And then Megan! What a pretty girl! Very lucky to have her on the tour and a great voice! But, I didn’t like her second act dress as much. It was pretty but not a fan. And some interesting comments in the audience to. Quite a few people (older moms) were saying she was having a baby (baby bump)? I don’t think so and the dress probably didn’t help (they said the first act dress you could tell to, I didn’t. But wondering if anyone else noticed anything, cause I did not!! I don’t want to start rumors as her instagram she looks thin but it was definitely said a few time last night, but I think it’s the shape of the dress (I can wear certain things and look like I have a baby bump and I don’t under any circumstance lol! And somethings make me look thinner!) just depends! Then all the guys were great! Loved the tap dancing and the one new guy I talked to I told him good tapping tonight lol and that we had our tap recital last week, he was like no way!!! So that was my take until next year and hopefully parking and the street ms will be better!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 09:01AM »

I enjoyed your review and insights! Thank you for sharing!* Although it looks like they intended to distinguish the newest member vs the others or have Megan compliment Tara whereas Mairead compliments with Eabha. Kind of imagined had Susan remained on she would had this pink also but in the beautiful shape they make for Susan. The 2nd Act dress for Megan is good but the shape of it diifferientiates from the others meaning it could of included a train to it to equal with Eabha and Mairead's. Net and dress goes straight down and can see how people may think its on the maternity appearance. Her 1st Act dress is great! Does Tara's 2nd Act dress match to go with Megan?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 09:04AM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 02:18PM »

Hi! Thank you for the reply! I am sure synan would have fixed the dress for Susan had she been on tour!! The first act dresses were the green/blue ones and looked great! I think Megan’s dress did compliments off of Tara’s as did maireads did w eabha’s. Tara’s was a high low w a longer back were Megan’s was straight to the ground. I think the top part w the beading was to short at cut of and not as fitted and just straight so I agree, where they can get that comment from. But in general an amazing show!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 01:38PM »

thanks for the review..... looking forward to our only show this year 
Red Rocks 

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 01:00PM »

thanks for the review..... looking forward to our only show this year 
Red Rocks 
no problem! And enjoy your show, wish I can go, maybe one day...

dbbii

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 03:58PM »

I've been to a couple shows in Akron over the years.  I initially thought about going this year, but the PBS station never responded to my inquiry about M&G tickets.

The last Akron show I went to they did the M&G in the bleeping stairway!

My favorite Akron story was the year they appeared at the E J Thomas Performing Arts Hall on the University of Akron's campus.  A long time ago, I went to Akron U.  I was in the band, and played at EJT a couple times.  At the M&G, I got to meet Lisa Kelly (which tells you how long ago this was).  I told her I could now tell people that I performed on the same stage as CW!.  She said no, it was the other way around!

Footnote to this was later that year in (don't ask how), I was in Albuqurque, NM.  I had a M&G again with Lisa.  She remembered me and my comment!

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 06:53PM »

I've been to a couple shows in Akron over the years.  I initially thought about going this year, but the PBS station never responded to my inquiry about M&G tickets.

The last Akron show I went to they did the M&G in the bleeping stairway!

My favorite Akron story was the year they appeared at the E J Thomas Performing Arts Hall on the University of Akron's campus.  A long time ago, I went to Akron U.  I was in the band, and played at EJT a couple times.  At the M&G, I got to meet Lisa Kelly (which tells you how long ago this was).  I told her I could now tell people that I performed on the same stage as CW!.  She said no, it was the other way around!

Footnote to this was later that year in (don't ask how), I was in Albuqurque, NM.  I had a M&G again with Lisa.  She remembered me and my comment!

how cool! Thanks for sharing!! Yes I heard about the stairway pictures at Akron, terrible! Ours was side stage in a side room well lit on a sunny day!! I had to put my arm behind Mairead’s and my aunt though as it was a tight fit for a pic w the back ground and you had to be a certain way but came out cute! I went through wviz for this one as usual and robin is amazing to work with!! I didn’t go last year as it was kinda the same from the prior one but it’s  Ok! I was worried about going to Akron from here but it turned out ok and I knew my way! I wasn’t mad as I knew for a while phantom was at phs so the could have to much going on at once! Lol! And lol my dad went to UA and performed at EJ Thomas and the civic as a music major! He told me many a story! And a little cool fact... I tap dance and do recitals at Lakewood civic auditorium (another good place for the girls if needed) and right before my first recital 4 yrs ago the pussycat dolls performed on that very stage ( evidently on YouTube!) and also Kesha’s recent tour! So some pretty big names and pretty cool that I performed on that very stage they did! I always channel them right before I go on lol! But I really love phs in Cleveland but doing something different w Akron civic theatre was amazing, soooo gorgeous!!i know phs takes my breathe away but when I went into the civic my mind was blown at the gorgeousness!!the only bad thing was the parking, construction and waiting an hour to get out of the garage. Horrible w my elderly aunt waiting by herself outside. But thank goodness all turned out ok!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: