Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The real Celtic Woman Anniversary  (Read 4462 times)
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« on: June 09, 2020, 09:18PM »

I've always treated the anniversary of Celtic Woman as September 15th, the day they recorded their first PBS special / DVD at the Helix in Dublin in 2004.

Celtic Woman Limited was set up after the DVD recording, on October 5th, 2004. Sources: [1][2]

But I was a little surprised today to hear a few times from Mairead Nesbitt that the actual Celtic Woman anniversary is June 9th. I knew they had recorded the album months prior to the DVD, but that far in advance, on the same day as the birthday of Chloë Agnew and David Downes? I haven't heard that before.

It seems odd that it wouldn't have come up more often. Maybe they celebrated it privately. Maybe they talked about it before I was on social media or forums.

So far, I haven't found evidence to confirm or deny that June 9th is when Celtic Woman actually started. Does anyone know?

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 05:35PM »

I've always treated the anniversary of Celtic Woman as September 15th, the day they recorded their first PBS special / DVD at the Helix in Dublin in 2004.

Celtic Woman Limited was set up after the DVD recording, on October 5th, 2004. Sources: [1][2]

But I was a little surprised today to hear a few times from Mairead Nesbitt that the actual Celtic Woman anniversary is June 9th. I knew they had recorded the album months prior to the DVD, but that far in advance, on the same day as the birthday of Chloë Agnew and David Downes? I haven't heard that before.

It seems odd that it wouldn't have come up more often. Maybe they celebrated it privately. Maybe they talked about it before I was on social media or forums.

So far, I haven't found evidence to confirm or deny that June 9th is when Celtic Woman actually started. Does anyone know?
I will research that Tom. That is very interesting. I would think that  our Fairy Of Tipperary wouldn't mislead us about that.  cool find.   Cool

dbbii

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 03:10PM »

I've been to a couple of shows in Cleveland Ohio where one of the girls usually said something like "this is where it all began".  Cleveland was the first tour show.  Yes, it occurred about 9 months or so after the initial show at the Helix.  Let's consider that.

The initial show at the Helix was intended to only be a one night show.  Some brilliant soul figured out that maybe this could work as a tour.  So,you have to set up a corporation, then start doing all the things necessary for a tour.  Venues, transportation, hotels, band, back up singers, etc.  So, 7 or 8 months isn't out of the question.

Next, we have Chloe.  My understanding is at the Helix she was only 15.  So, maybe she couldn't start touring, at least in the States, until she was 16.  That plays into the date of the first show.

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 10:11PM »

I've been to a couple of shows in Cleveland Ohio where one of the girls usually said something like "this is where it all began".  Cleveland was the first tour show.  Yes, it occurred about 9 months or so after the initial show at the Helix.  Let's consider that.

The initial show at the Helix was intended to only be a one night show.  Some brilliant soul figured out that maybe this could work as a tour.  So,you have to set up a corporation, then start doing all the things necessary for a tour.  Venues, transportation, hotels, band, back up singers, etc.  So, 7 or 8 months isn't out of the question.

Next, we have Chloe.  My understanding is at the Helix she was only 15.  So, maybe she couldn't start touring, at least in the States, until she was 16.  That plays into the date of the first show.
I guess that plays into one's definition  of what constitutes "the true beginning"  of CW. I still say it was the Helix concert regardless of what was known of their future success.   Cool 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: