Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Lisa Story I thought to share  (Read 6607 times)
m.k.c.
« on: October 21, 2007, 05:40PM »

*Quick Note: Coleen, if you think this should be moved to General Discussion, please do so. I wasn't sure, so I put it here*

This past weekend I went and spent a night at my Mom's house to look after my sister (Mom was out of town), and I brought the Christmas DVD with me. You see, my grandparents have this big screen HD tv and I decided I wanted to watch the DVD on it (though after doing so, I've decided watching it on my computer is still more enjoyable), so when I went over to my grandparents for dinner I asked my Grandma if she wanted to watch it with me. We started watching it, and as we were watching one of the group numbers I was pointing out random things about each of the girls, and I mentioned Chloe's age (because, I admit it, I'm totally jealous that someone close to my age can sing so well). So a couple songs go by and then "The Christmas Song" starts, and my grandma looks at Lisa, turns to me and says, "Now that's the one that's 18, right?"  Cheesy

I was amused, and thought it was a story that y'all might appreciate.
Wickster
Honorary Roadie

Class of 2011!

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 05:44PM »

Awwh!

Wickiexx

"Even when they have nothing, the Irish emit a kind of happiness, a joy."
-Fiona Shaw
Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 05:49PM »

My friends and I did the same thing. We were watching the New journey concert on PBS and someone mentions that one of the girls was only 16 or 17. This was when I didn't know anything about any of the girls and we were trying to figure out which one it was, and I say that it was either Chloe Hayley or Lisa. Then I find out Lisa's married and has two kids. I was wrong. Grin
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 06:05PM by celtic_angel90 » Logged

Thanks Mel!
Celtic Liz
Total Fanatic

Congrats Lisa and the Family! Welcome Ellie!

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 06:03PM »

Thoes stories are funny!!! Cheesy For some reason I can figure out bout someone age by there face and the way they act. Cheesy

made by JRRacing
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 08:17PM »

This is good....It means Lisa looks younger than her age...and what lady wouldn't want that? Wink

Ever notice how, once you're used to seeing a person and know their age...you can't say how old they 'look' anymore, since you know how old they are?  Maybe it's just me....

Lisa....young thang.... Wink Grin

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
CurlyandGreen

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 08:03PM »

I'm 18 and I often get asked if I'm 13 or 14.  Smiley

"You must do the things you think you cannot do."
         -Eleanor Roosevelt

We Hail Thee, Carolina
Maggie
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 05:23PM »

Thoes stories are funny!!! Cheesy For some reason I can figure out bout someone age by there face and the way they act. Cheesy

The way I act is nothing like my age!!!

My face....well....that's a different matter.... Grin

Yes, Lisa does look young, I think it's her bright smile and eyes.
JamieLew

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 09:30PM »

Yeah, Lisa does look really young!
I think I perceive her as older than 18 however, just because she has such a maternal look to her. That being said she still looks like a rockin momma no older than 25.  Smiley

I'm 16 and I stress like I'm 40 but I look like... a 5th grader.  Embarrassed

papagood

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 10:45AM »

Maggie there is nothing wrong with you if you will just stop moulting in the Marriott. I wish I could say that I had half your personality and energy. You are a beautiful Irish lady.
 The last time I saw Lisa in June she could have passed for verly early twenties even at close observation. Both body and face. She still looks young even though there are now two people inside her gowns. I was so pleased that wardrobe didn't try to hide here tummy with big full clothes. She looks just great as she is. I found out what she and Meav were laughing about in the picture taken at meet and greet in Chatt. HA.  Me and Jim .
 Don
Sara

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 01:18PM »

Lisa does look young for her age. Considering she is carrying her third child, she looks fantastic!! Scott is younger than Lisa but Lisa actually looks younger than Scott!! Now that does not by any means mean that Scott looks old!! They both look great.
Sara
Maggie
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 04:37PM »

Maggie there is nothing wrong with you if you will just stop moulting in the Marriott.

Grin Grin Grin Yes I kept finding green and orange feathers all over the place....O'Malley got one on his nose when I got home!
Thank you for your kind words, Don  Embarrassed (blush)

I sent a couple of the pictures to the Col in Iraq....the group pic and one of me clowning around.......unfortunately he got the pics before he got the e-mail explaining them!
His reply was "what am I looking at? I guess it's you with some Forum members....."
he said I looked like either a sassy lady or a classy lady, he didn't know which! 

It can sometimes be embarrassing to look young.....my brother and I went into a pub in England, the owner took my brother aside and said "that young lady with you - is she 18?"
Terry said "That young lady is my sister, she is 28.....I know this because I was in the next room when she was born!"

Lisa looks great.......love and her boys keep her young!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 04:52PM by Maggie » Logged
lintje

OMG!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 05:03PM »

I'm 18 and I often get asked if I'm 13 or 14.  Smiley

same here but i hope they still think im younger when im as old as lisa :p:p
 *lol*

scott thanx Cheesy
Maggie
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 05:23PM »

same here but i hope they still think im younger when im as old as lisa :p:p
 *lol*

Heck, she's only 30!  Cheesy

The different stages of a woman's life are funny......

Young girls want to look older.
In her 20s and 30s it doesn't matter much, if someone asks her age, she'll usually tell them.
In her 40s, she might deduct a couple of years.
In her 50s, she will deduct a few more if she can get away with it!
In her 60s, she feels pretty good that she's made it thus far and still feels 25! Grin
In her 70s she is quite proud of herself.
From 80 to 105, she will proudly tell you her age, might even add a couple of years!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: