Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawl  (Read 8936 times)
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« on: November 03, 2007, 07:03PM »

Okay anyone who's been to a concert has withdrawl.  So my question is what do you do to cope with it?                                                                                                                                         

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 07:17PM »

I wrote a long review and then read it over and over and over again.  It took a couple of weeks in my case, but it started to dissipate after that.

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 07:19PM »

going to wear out all your CDs and DVDs !!!  and you still wont get over it......   lol
=)

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 10:03PM »

I put on the DVDs and pretend I'm there!

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
Artist1

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 10:12PM »

listen to Kelli, she helped me, thank you Kelli.

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 10:29PM »

awww, you're welcome Stan!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 11:49PM »

It's been nearly 7 months since I've seen them, and I'm still having withdrawal pains. I need to have front row seats the next time I go!

Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 11:53PM »

I find there is a simple way to overcome post show withdraw.
1. Watching the DVD's
2. Listening to the CD's
3. The forum
4. Going to another show!

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 01:02AM »

Going to another show is what Im doing.   when I found 2 front row seats I knew I had to go.  Then 3 Meav shows in Dec.    Problem is the 3 months between Dec. and my show in March.  I may need new DVD's after that.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
mpdallen

Integrity

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 04:52AM »

Try to work a lot,  keep your mind occupied. Read and reread your post about the Shows you have seen. Read this forum about other Shows, and the reports about those Shows. Relive your meeting with the Show performers you got to meet. Exchange stories with other forum members about the personal looks and attention you received from some of the performers, and autographs and other items you received from someone with the Show. Get on some performers My Space site and exchange messages with them. Start looking for the next Show you can possibely attend.

After doing some, or all, of the above, you will still feel something is missing from your life; but then just remember all that you have been Blessed with in this life. There is nothing that can take all my wonderful memories of the Shows I have been fortunate enough to attend, and getting to meet all five of the original members of Celtic Women. Then there is the personal attention I received from the stage at the Show in Chattanooga; and then the  West Paln Beach Show where I received so much personal attention from the stage. What a joy; and yes I have been so blessed with what I have reciived from these Ladies and this Show, that if I never see another Show, I have received more than my share. Yes, I do count my blessing, and I am so thankful to God for all He has given me.

Jim Allen

If you promise to send me a song
chickie.monkey
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 11:26AM »

I just listen to the music, watch the DVD's, and wait impatiently for my next show(sometime in Feb./March)

kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 11:34AM »

I guess I have it.... Undecided

I looked at my Ireland photos today, ANJ dvd is on right now.... playing in the background. I am thinking about when will my next show be.

About to go to Andrew's baseball double header...so I will yell and clap...that will help me...today anyway

So ..WHEN IS MY NEXT SHOW?

SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 08:39PM »

After the Reading concert, I am suffering from severe CW withdrawal!!
So, I have been playing my ANJ over & over in the car and staring at my poster that Chloe & Orlagh signed at the Meet & Greet! Grin Grin
I will be seeing Meav in NYC on Dec.12th,so that will relieve some of the withdrawal. Wink Wink

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 08:51PM »

I just finished the best CW night of my life this past Friday and I have to admit that CW post depression did kick in today as it will be a while before I can enjoy a live concert again next year.

More CD & DVD enjoyment is in my near future.

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: