Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Origins DVD - Anúna  (Read 2912 times)
KiernanKate
« on: November 07, 2007, 12:54AM »

My copy of the DVD came today and being that I'm no good at writing full reviews, I'd like to just comment on things that struck me while I was watching.

Siúil a Rúin - I really enjoy this song no matter what but I very much enjoyed hearing Órfhlaith introduce the song.... especially I thought it was fitting somehow she said "sweet heart" instead of lover.

Fionnghuala - I'm already having one friend tell me I'm "weird" for liking this song but ....... I can't help it. It's a very catchy song and I freely admit it will always be a favorite.

Dúlaman - Marvelous job gentlemen!!!

Ceann Dubh Dilis- First thought was .... "Whoa they're good!" I loved the percussion with the drums, and all around loved this song.

Jerusalam- Wow! Just wow.... the song and the performances by the ladies is unbelievable in this.... simply amazing!!

At the moment I am blanking out on the other comments I wanted to say about the other songs so I had some other more generalized comments.

Michael, John you both are EXTREMELY handsome..... loved hearing you both joke around. It's great to see/hear a music group so at ease and dare I say "down to earth" that they can joke around on stage.

I loved Aengus' "Throat Techniques" and no offense Aengus but you reminded me of a digeredoo. (I mean that in a good way... promise!).

Orfhlaith.... I never noticed on the youtube videos how lovely ... and curly!, her hair is.... absolutely gorgeous!!! And she does  a splendid job on Siuil a Run.

Loved the lighting effects, especially when the blue light seemed to reflect off some of the performers during close ups.

All around great DVD and one I will DEFINITELY be watching again and again.... Thanks for the amazing music Anuna, and thank you Michael for creating Anuna for everyone to enjoy. We will forever be in your debt.

It certainly has enriched my life having the opportunity just to listen to the great music Anuna produces.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: