Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Songs for Chloe  (Read 32564 times)
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2008, 05:38PM »

That's one of the songs I've picked for the Chloe and Hayley concert. It's going to be the first as possible.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Celeste

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2008, 06:17PM »

These are songs she's already done on her first album, but I'd love to hear her peform them Live:  "Angel Song" and "Voice of Home"

Those are indeed beautiful songs. That first album is just incredible. I would also love to hear Chloe's rendition of "Danny Boy," from the same CD. Many of the CW members have performed it, by my all-time favourite hearing of that famous song, in any medium, is the recording that's on Chloe's first solo album.

Celeste

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2008, 12:52PM »

Oh, and here's another suggestion (a rather obvious one, I suppose) for all the Andrew Lloyd Webber enthusiasts out there -- "Memory," from Cats. I know it's become very, very familiar, but Chloe and CW have a way of turning songs you've heard a hundred times before into something entirely new.

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2008, 01:00PM »

I would listen if Chloe sang the phone book!
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2008, 06:04PM »

And I'll add "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Evita for Chloe to perform. I'm excited for it too.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Celeste

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2008, 05:25PM »

-"Quando men vo," from Puccini's La Bohème
-"O mio babbino caro," from Puccini's Gianni Schicchi
-"Un bel di," from Puccini's Madama Butterfly
-"Ave Maria" by Schubert (Chloe performs the Bach version, but I would also love to hear her perform the equally famous Schubert version.)
-"Voi che sapete," from Mozart's Le nozze di Figaro (aka The Marriage of Figaro)
-"Vilja-Lied," from Lehár's Die lustige Witwe (aka The Merry Widow)
-"Pie Jesu," from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Requiem
-"Voices of Spring" (Frühlingsstimmen) by Johann Strauss Jr.

Going back to my original list, I'm delighted that "Pie Jesu" is on the new CD. Smiley

I still hope that Chloe might try some of the others in the future...

Celeste

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2009, 12:16AM »

*Sigh* I can't help it -- to my ears, with Chloe's purity of voice, I still think she reaches her highest potential in classical songs and arias.

I deeply wish that she would sing more often in the classical vein.

meganelize

Taken at the gaol in dublin in July 2008

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2009, 12:35AM »

I would like to hear each woman perform

Bridge over troubled water- Lisa
Tears in heaven- chloe...could add lynn as well
It is you i have loved (shrek)- Alex
Have a little faith in me- Lynn... could add chloe
American Wake (riverdance)- Mairead

-It is hard to come up with a song for mairead for i am not a violinist Undecided

Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like solitary confinement.
raven_christina
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2009, 09:22AM »

*Sigh* I can't help it -- to my ears, with Chloe's purity of voice, I still think she reaches her highest potential in classical songs and arias.

I deeply wish that she would sing more often in the classical vein.
This when I'm agreeing to disagree Celeste. Heh
I love Chloe's classical sound as well. However, she is really growing as a singer and as a performer. It's understandable if she wants to branch into more secular music. I think classical will probably be her first love, and David respects that. But her voice is changing and she wants to try new things.

I for one, am looking forward to hearing her voice. It's grown up, and I think it will also make her classical sound even MORE gorgeous (buying that DVD if it kills me heh).
Celeste

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2009, 07:52PM »

Turning to the Celtic rather than classical front, there's a lovely song sung by Meav included in this album (which I purchased expressly for the cover):

It's called "Aileen Duinn." I'd love to hear Chloe's interpretation. It sounds like it's precisely in her ideal vocal range.

Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2009, 11:22PM »

Whoa!  Where'd you find that album Celeste?! 

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
raven_christina
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2009, 12:48AM »

I agree. Holy cow!
Celeste

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2009, 05:51AM »

I agree. Holy cow!

You like that, eh?

I actually bough it off eBay some time ago. There was a discussion about it on the forum somewhere, and after some sleuthing at the time it was determined (either by myself or Maggie, can't recall which) that it was an album originally released by Celtic Collections some time before Celtic Woman as we know it was created.

As for the image itself, I just looked up a site that appears to be currently carrying it.

https://www.imusic.dk/item/5029365681223/v-a-2004-the-best-of-celtic-woman-cd

The album also includes Chloe's magificent "Last Rose of Summer" solo recording, as well as her first "Walking in the Air," along with two nice tracks by Rua.

I actually prefer this version of the image to the one that CW uses. Because of the high cropping, CW's image sems to be all hair; but in the original version, the picture is more symmetrical, with the hair balanced by the body.

Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2009, 09:22AM »

Actually, looking more closely at that image, I'm very glad CW didn't use that same image!  It could give the wrong impression altogether! Undecided

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Celeste

« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2009, 11:28AM »

Actually, looking more closely at that image, I'm very glad CW didn't use that same image!  It could give the wrong impression altogether! Undecided

Yes, that was part of the debate about the cover when it was initially posted. Some considered it risque, others found it graceful.

I tend to think it's attractive and certainly modest enough -- and more to the point, the composition is better than the cropped version. But there's no question that reactions have been mixed, so you're right, Jeanine -- perhaps it's best that the image was trimmed when it was adopted as the CW log.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: