Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Wish To Thank The" Unsung Heroes" Of The Celtic Woman Tour  (Read 8235 times)
mpdallen

Integrity

« on: December 05, 2007, 11:46AM »

The Celtic Woman Fall Tour of 2007 is now over and we, their fans, enjoyed this Tour so much; especially with so many Forum members getting together to get acquainted with each other, and to enjoy the Shows together. What a great time so many of us had in West Palm Beach, and a good number of you got together in Reading, PA, and then there was St Paul, where several of you had such a great time together. Then there were other forum members that enjoyed this Show in the 29 public USA Shows, and there were five Shows in Japan. What a wonderful Show that was put on for all of us to enjoy; and for that I wish to give all the Cast a heartfelt THANK YOU.

The Unsung Heroes of this Show, and Tour, are all the workers involved with getting the people and equipment on site, and getting everything set for the Show to begin.

The motor home drivers and truck drivers; what an excellent job they have done in getting everyone and everything on site safely, and on time for the Show to began as scheduled. Just think about what it took to leave one venue late at night and arrive at another venue several hundred miles away, the next day, for the Show to be performed again. Drivers – Thank You!

The craft people, the people responsible for the food, and we all know how important this is.

Gaffer, the person, or people, responsible for the lighting.

Grip, responsible for putting everything where it belongs.

Makeup/wardrobe, the people responsible for making the cast look so beautiful and dressed properly.

Gophers, anyone else involved in helping all of the above get their jobs done.

Producer, in charge of putting all the elements of a Show together, and the keeper of all things financial.

Director, the one who directs how the Show is presented.

Road Manager, Rachel Davis is the one who brings all this Show together, to be presented to the public for their enjoyment. Rachel, you and your very capable Assistant, Joanne Ryan, do such an excellent job under very trying conditions. How you do what you do and everything else that is requested from you is amazing. You are so good. Thank you.

Production Manager, Scotty Ross, you have selected an excellent crew that makes all of this happen. THANK YOU!

If there are others who should be mentioned here, I now wish to thank you, and all, who made this Show possible.

David Downs, there are not adequate words to thank you enough for all that you contribute to this Celtic Woman Show. You have no equal.

Dave Kavanagh, Executive Producer, you are responsible for this Show being the best Show there is anywhere.

To all of you, I am most grateful.

Jim Allen

If you promise to send me a song
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 11:49AM »

Well said, Jim!  I would personally thank every single person involved if I could...but this will have to do:  Thank you!!!

I can not imagine the work that goes into the phenomenon, as I've never been a part of anything like this personally.  I would guess it's a whole lot more work than any of us realize.  But we are so grateful to each and every one of you.

May you all have the best of Christmases and a most wonderful New Year!
Kelli

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 12:11PM »

Hey don't forget the laundress. can you imagine how dirty the dresses get as they walk across teh stage. Wonder if they are drip dry.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 02:44PM »

I couldn't have said it any better Jim  - so I won't !! Grin Grin Grin

Thank you to all connected with CW.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 02:45PM »

I think we're forgetting Alexa and John and everyone else associated with CW Ltd.  They do a heck of a job, and they're good friends of this forum.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 09:26PM »

Jim, Rich and all...well said. Thanks to all!

I think I just learned a few new concert/roadie terms. LOL

kathleen
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 09:28PM by kathleen » Logged

mpdallen

Integrity

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 04:43AM »

Kelli, Zee, Kathleen,
Thank you; and ever last one of these workers need a personal “Thank You”. Kathleen, those names are learned from working with them.

Jim,
Someone must be doing an excellent job, as their dresses always look immaculate.

Rich,
Thank you for reminding us of the important role Alexa Smith and John Flanagan has in providing guidance and support for this Celtic Woman Show. Some of the forum members may not be aware of what they do; but their jobs are so vital in making this Show function properly.

Jim

If you promise to send me a song
papagood

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 10:02AM »

Rachael Davis is my hero. I see her always moving from one place to another with a telephone to her ear, always coordinating. I remember her making sure all the luggage is placed in the correct bus and all the performers are loaded where they should be. In West Palm I watched her use her finger to count the members as they they boarded the busses. I almost laughed when she turned around and reentered the hotel and returned a short time later with a tardy member of the group. She is almost like a school teacher watching over a group of fourth graders. The busses didn't move until she was satisfied that everyone was in place.
Even with all her duties she finds time to speak with fans. A very gracious lady, she remains very low key and acts like she isn't important. She is though. Without Rachael Davis everything might self destruct. So my thanks to Rachael even if she told me that I couldn't go with the group on the busses.
  Don
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 10:49AM »

I compare Rachel's job to herding cats.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 12:45PM »

I think that's a perfect comparison, Rich.  I bet it's very tough to get this group to do anything all at the same time!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 12:57PM »

I think that's a perfect comparison, Rich.  I bet it's very tough to get this group to do anything all at the same time!
Especially since several of the performers are known to be somewhat, er, strong-willed!   Cheesy

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 01:08PM »

Especially since several of the performers are known to be somewhat, er, strong-willed!

Anyone we know?  Grin

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 01:10PM »

Rachel is the cats meow!  Grin okay...trying to tie in with the herding cats theme. lol

She does work hard and is very gracious! Thank you Rachel !

Moscapoet
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 03:33PM »

Jim, thank you for starting this thread. The folks behind the scenes turn all the singing and instruments into a show. They keep the ones we love so much safe. They lift the heavy loads. They organize. I'm sure the ladies appreciate what these folks do even if some of the time they might grumble about it. Rachel? As I said in the Christmas card that I sent to you, you are the shepherdess who guards the flock. You keep the wolves and lions away from these precious lambs. What an enormous responsibility she has. Jim, I agree about the bus drivers too. To take their charges safely from place to place in all kinds of weather in the dark of night, well, they're like the brinks drivers only with far more precious cargo than money. Thanks to all of you at CW LTD. and their contractors whose faces we don't know but who do yeoman work for no glory.     
Dwight

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 04:53PM »

While at West Palm Beach I watched Racheal sneak up behind Ray while he stopped to talk to one of our CWF members. Racheal comes up from behind and grabs Ray and says  No, No, No, No!  Go, Go Go Go! We all laughed. Ray smiled and Racheal smiled too. That was a moment. Racheal even took a few moment for some of us who had questions and we even said our early good byes to the group while they were loading up since we knew they would not be returning to the hotel that evening.

I agree with Rich with this group its a lot like hearding cats. Oh! one more mention Racheal apparently gets calls at all times of the day so her day really is not over for her its a constant 24 7 while on tour. Its really great she has someone like Joan who helps her out. I only saw Joan very briefly while at the Kravis.

So I would give a cheer and an attaboy to those in the background possible.

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: