Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to Celtic Woman, Alex!!  (Read 29725 times)
davesab

Duty, Honor, CW

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2007, 11:39AM »

Welcome to CW, Alex!
As with the others, can't wait to see you in concert.
I'll be in the front row in Wilkes-Varre, PA on March 20
see you then..... Grin

Dave
Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2007, 11:40AM »

Welcome, and congratulations Alex..see you in Radio City, March 15th!!!
Maggie
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2007, 12:21PM »

Céad Míle Fáilte go Celtic Woman, Alex!
Alex is an excellent choice, and worthy temporary replacement for Lisa. In fact she would be an asset as a full-time member.

Here's Alex as Dorothy in "Wizard of Oz" which was her first professional stage performance:

Here is another picture and profile of Alex by Jenny Dillingham for the Really Useful Theatre Company:

"Alex trained at the Webber Douglas Academy in London. She started her professional career as Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz in the Olympia Theatre, Dublin in 1991. Since then she has appeared in The Raven Beckons at the River Bank Theatre, Dublin, Alohi Kamiamo in St. Anthony's Theatre, Dublin. She has played Janet in Michael Scott's very successful production of The Rocky Horror Show in the Tivoli Theatre. She has appeared in the Gaiety pantos for the last three years as principal girl. She has appeared in Clontarf Castle with June Rodgers. last year she played Young Sally in Follies and in concert with Lorna Luft, Millicent Martin and Dave Willetts. She has been a soloist with the RTE Concert Orchestra on three occasions, first in the Adare Festival, later in Romps with Rolf Harris and more recently in the Bank of Ireland RTE Proms, The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber. As well as singing with Madonna on the Evita sound track she also recorded an album with Irish musical writer Shaun Purcell. Earlier this year Alex recorded a CD The Cuchulain Cycle by W.B. Yeats, music by Michael Scott, to be released in August 1997. Alex has just finished a run in Andrews Lane Theatre of the very successful show That’s Entertainment."
by Jenny Dillingham

Here is Alex (on right) in "The Wiremen" at the Gaiety Theatre Dublin. (This was in 2005)
She played Kate, a teacher and one of 3 daughters of a widow in North Mayo in the 1950s, when the Wiremen come from Dublin to install electricity in their remote village.

By the way, a "panto" as mentioned in that review, is a pantomime, which is a much-loved British and Irish tradition at Christmas time.
These fun productions are loosely based on Fairy Tales such as Cinderella, Mother Goose, Jack and the beanstalk etc.
There is music, dancing, jokes and fun. There is always a hero and a villain, and audience participation is encouraged.
The main comic female character, the "Dame", is always played by a man.
Pantomime was always a big part of our family Christmas.
When Dave was stationed in London I took him and Chris to a London Pantomime, he was enchanted and very impressed.
I still go whenever I get the chance and I'm very much looking forward to taking my grandson Thomas Patrick.
Such is the popularity of Pantomime in England, they have no problem getting big name stars to take leading parts, for much less money than they would usually earn.
m.k.c.
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2007, 12:40PM »

Can't wait to see you in April! Welcome to the group  Smiley
Zo

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2007, 04:14PM »

Welcome Alex. Hope to see you in Toledo in April.

Zo

TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH....FOREVER FRIENDS
Celtic Liz
Total Fanatic

Congrats Lisa and the Family! Welcome Ellie!

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2007, 04:29PM »

Welcome Alex to the crazy Celtic Woman Fourm  Cheesy really I hope that you like singing with them and have fun and i hope that you get use to the the scream for you through the crowd

Even though Lisa is going to be gone I think that you will do Lisa's parts good.

WELCOME ALEX

made by JRRacing
JByrd

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2007, 05:11PM »

Welcome, Alex!!!!! Smiley

Can't wait to see you.....!!!!!

John

Capn Davey

Your Dream's Do Come True!

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2007, 05:12PM »

Welcome Alex to Celtic Woman you now have over 600 new fans Grin

Dave

Banner By Celtic Fiddler

Amy Rivard Forum:
http://amyrivardforum.com/forum/
Albertan

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2007, 05:21PM »

Alex,

Greetings and welcome on behalf of the contingent of Canadian fans.

I'm not likely going to be able to get down to where you are performing; but if you would like to schedule an extra performance or three north of the 49th, you have my full permission!!!!  Grin Grin Grin  I'd love to hear you sing.

Gordon
Dwight

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2007, 05:22PM »

Welcome to Celtic Woman looking forward to seeing you perform with the other girls. Hey we may seem like we are nuts but we are all a fun loving bunch. Just ask Racheal and the other girls about us.  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!
Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2007, 05:31PM »

Welcome Alex!!
Can't wait to see you in New York.

Thanks Mel!
Moscapoet
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2007, 05:37PM »

Welcome Alex! I share the sentiments of all here in the forum in wishing you a fantastic experience with an ensemble that has touched so many hearts. You have acquired an extended family of very loyal fans and friends that are behind you 100%. I look forward to seeing you in person when you assume your place with the group in the spring.   
Maggie
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2007, 05:38PM »

I think Alex is a great choice!

She has a similar background and experience in musical theatre as Lisa.

She will fit right in....... Cheesy
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2007, 05:42PM »

WELCOME ALEX!!!!! You're soooooooooo lucky! Smiley Megan

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
jsharp

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2007, 05:45PM »

Although we're probably not related (My ancestors couldn't afford the "e" on the end of Sharp) I certainly welcome you as part of the family - the Celtic Woman family!

Your theater background has me excited about your time with the group. I hope you have a wonderful time.

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: