Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Benefit concert for Saint Jude's  (Read 2106 times)
classicgrace

« on: December 10, 2007, 10:01AM »

Hey guys!

I know I posted links to my magazine "Pure Talent" before (www.crystalandnatasha.com/puretalent)... anyhow, I have been organizing the first ever Pure Talent concert to benefit Saint Jude Children's Hospital. It will be held the 22nd of December at the Church of the Advent Hope at 111 E. 87th St. in New York City

Here is the poster!
http://www.crystalandnatasha.com/ptconcert/images/ptconcert.jpg

My friend Melissa Victoria and my sister Crystal and I (three teenage girls!) will be singing 14 Christmas songs. We have a wonderful pianist and violinist and after just having our first rehersal yesterday, I think its going to sound fabulous! I think other Celtic Woman fans would really enjoy the concert, so I'd just like to invite everyone and hope to see a few of you there!

Thanks so much for reading this!

*hugs*
Natasha

p.s if you would like any more info here is the website: www.crystalandnatasha.com/ptconcert that I designed for the concert and I'm going to post the press release just in case anyone is interested. thanks!!

PRESS RELEASE

TEENAGE SINGERS RAISE THEIR VOICES IN A CONCERT TO BENEFIT St. JUDE CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL New York City, NY – December 22nd, 2007 – In the age of American Idol and other such talent shows it is not uncommon to hear teenagers with exceptional vocal talents, but to have three teenagers lending their voices to the glorious strains of classical music is quite a different story. Meet Melissa Victoria, and Crystal & Natasha Poholka. The three young singers have dedicated their talents to a style completely different from their peers and at 7:00 p.m. on the 22nd of December they will raise their voices in a concert scheduled at the Church of the Advent Hope, in benefit of St. Jude Children’s Hospital.

The concert began as a dream of Natasha’s, who runs an online magazine about classical music. The magazine entitled “Pure Talent” has been available for almost a year and has allowed Natasha to promote her favorite genre and has also given her the opportunity to interview several singers including Sony BMG’s mezzo soprano, Juliette Pochin and Universal recording artist Will Martin. After nearly 17,710 unique visits and hundreds of views of the magazine articles Natasha is excited to be taking “Pure Talent” to the next level with its first ever concert featuring her sister, Crystal and friend Melissa Victoria to support the worthy cause of St. Jude Children’s Hospital.

Melissa Victoria is a soprano with a beautiful lyrical voice. At only seventeen she has already received high marks on her NYSSMA (New York State School Music Association) audition. She has performed in music recitals and was No. 8 on the MySpace charts of top artists from New York in the Opera – Classical and Vocal genre. She is also the daughter of a cancer survivor, which makes this benefit especially meaningful for her.

Crystal and Natasha are classical sister duo that has already begun to travel and perform internationally. At nineteen, Crystal is the eldest and a wonderfully talented coloratura soprano while Natasha, seventeen, is a rich voiced mezzo. The sisters were awarded an Angel Music Award for their episodes on the Safe TV original program, “Purely Music” and placed 4th in the WABC Curtis and Kuby Christmas Carol Contest where they had their songs played on the No.1 radio station in the tri-state area. The girls have been featured on several other local television and radio programs and in 2005 put on their first international tour in New Zealand.
Together, these talented teenagers wish not only to delight listeners with an array of holiday music, but through the “Pure Talent” concert they wish to open hearts of concert goers to help them help the children of Saint Jude’s through raising the most funds possible. The concert will also feature pianist Naomi Sica & violinist Charles McTaveish. Seats for the concert are thus set at a donation of $10 and up and can be purchased the 22nd of December at the Church of the Advent Hope in New York City or by writing to Pure Talent, PO Box 197, Jefferson Valley NY, 10579

For information: http://www.crystalandnatasha.com/ptconcert or

###
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 10:28AM by princessnatasha » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: