Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riverdance  (Read 31689 times)
Texas Chava

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 04:08PM »

At my school in Texas, we're finished with State Testing (TAKS), so now it is time to really teach.  We did around the world with all of our fourth grade classes (8 classes), with each class being a different country and the students rotating from class to class for 45 minutes.  I picked Ireland for my room (duh) and the kids: (a) colored an Irish flag (b) learned a few simple words of Gaelic (c) learned some geography (d) watched some excerpts from A New Journey (which my class knows by heart  Grin) and (e) watched some excerpts from Lord of the Dance.  They loved it!!  They didn't move, or hardly breath they were so fascinated by it.  I did hear though that they drove their teachers crazy the rest of the day trying to "tap" in class!  Oh well.

P.S. Did I forget to mention that I work in a Houston area inner city school.

Banner by Scott
comet

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 04:32PM »

Hi Folks

Michael Flatley and his wife of course had a son today in Ireland

Go on ye good things !
Maggie
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 05:00PM »

Hi Folks

Michael Flatley and his wife of course had a son today in Ireland

Congratulations to them!

I wonder....was he born with little tap shoes on?
celticdreamer00
Choir Member

Dreaming of Celtic Woman (Thank You CC)

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 05:45PM »

If he wasn't, you can bet he will have tap shoes on before he learns to walk. Smiley

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
                               Charlotte Whitten
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 06:23AM »

My older brother said I am crazy for rediscovering Riverdance and Feet of Flames!
Of course I had to tell him that the Little Pixie was in Feet of Flames! He just gave me this weird "you are crazy" look!

Thanks Lindsey
mainopsman

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 08:59AM »

My favorite edition of "River Dance" was the original when Jean Butler was dancing.  That young lady simply floated across the stage, she was amazing.

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007, 09:34AM »

will have to watch her cause I ahve not seen her yet.

Thanks Lindsey
mainopsman

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2007, 09:35AM »

"The Lord of the Dance" is a song that is sung during the Easter Season in many churches not just Catholic.  At the University where I'm employed, the students  attending (all in attendance) the Catholic services during this period, sing this song with a  lot of feeling and spirit.   It is not only one of their favorite songs, but mine as well.

The "Dance" is life and may we all live it well.

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2007, 09:38AM »

Makes me want to get in up in church and dance to it! Of course that wouldn't be awkward!

Thanks Lindsey
mainopsman

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007, 09:41AM »

Celticfan:

The verison with Jean Butler has been on DVD.  But it is currently not in production.  I have seen copies listed on Amazon for over $40 and even higher on e-bay.   I do wish they would put it back in production.  If anyone knows of a less expensive sourse let us know.  I believe the original was on PBS.

JIM

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2007, 09:51AM »

Thanks! I did see some of Riverdance on PBS whenever it was on. I was in the elementry school when I saw Riverdance for the first time! That was probably when it first came out.  I wish PBS would show them just once more! They have also stopped showing CW ANJ! Which makes me sad!   Cry

Thanks Lindsey
Maggie
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2007, 01:27PM »

The current Boyne Troupe of Riverdance is coming to Newport News VA May 25th & 26th.
Then the Wolf Trap June 14th to 17th.

They will also be in PA, OR, MA,CT, OH, WI, MI, and NY.

True to form, another romance has blossomed!
The dance captain and a member of the band will be getting married.

I hope they will be as happy as Lisa and Scott.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2007, 02:14PM »

And I hope you get a better reaction to that post than I did.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Maggie
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 03:51PM »

And I hope you get a better reaction to that post than I did.

Rich, your post puzzled me so I went back to page 1 and managed to find it among all the banners.
I see what you mean......... Roll Eyes
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2007, 10:41AM »

Here is Mairead again in Celtic Fire!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tsttkEZ3Pl8

Thanks Lindsey
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: