Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Celtic Festival today  (Read 9579 times)
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« on: April 28, 2007, 04:09AM »

Hey, pals! Today is the day I'm going to the Celtic Festival with any of my parents. Can anyone tell me what a Celtic Festival is?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Texas Chava

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 08:14AM »

Celtic Festivals usually have things related to the Celtic Culture.  It depends on which festival, what occassion, etc.  We have a wonderful Highland Games here in Houston with bagpipers, dancers, food, singers, etc.  All I can tell you really is that Celtic Festivals are FABULOUS!

Banner by Scott
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 11:07AM »

I love Celtic Festivals!  We've got a great one coming up where I live, and I simply can't wait!  You can buy jewelry, clothing, flower wreaths (my personal favorite part), and other trinkets.  There's usually live music and a lot of bagpipes, not to mention lots of stands for vendors, restaurants, and I remember there is one where you can try Irish musical instruments. *jumps up and down excitedly*

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
Meldy

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 12:02PM »

How interesting!  I wish I could go to one, it would be fun and enlightening.   Smiley

Banner by:  Scott
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 03:09PM »

Now, I'm so overjoyed I went in there. Smiley Irish is one of the parts of the Celtic Festival. Oh, and I also played standard songs on the Celtic harp with red, white and blue strings on them. It's really great too.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 04:28PM by KAJ » Logged

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
L.A. Girl

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 04:05PM »

Meldy,

There are some Celtic festivals in the L.A. area around St. Patrick's Day. I know that there is usually one in Encino, and sometimes there is one in Pomona.

Dianne
Meldy

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 04:19PM »

Thanks Dianne,

Now I will look out for Celtic festivals.  Pomona is "reachable" so no problem there and I'll see Encino.   Wink Smiley

Banner by:  Scott
Texas Chava

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 08:22AM »

Anyone in or around the Houston area, there is a wonderful Celtic festival next weekend May 12, 13th  Grin(yes, I know it is Mother's Day, but what a better way to spend the day).  It is he Houston Highland Games at the Houston Farm and Ranch Club on Highway Six.  There will be music, food, pipers, dancing, crafts, etc.  They are even having a Ceili!!  Just thought I'd let anyone in the area know.  If you go on Sunday and you bring your kids, you get in free!

Banner by Scott
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 09:09PM »

Speaking of Celtic festivals..... there's one here tonight and tomorrow, and I just read that there was a Céili tonight.... I missed it Sad I'm going to the festival tomorrow, though.

Texas Chava

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 06:44AM »

There are also the Highland Games today (5/12) and tomorrow, Sunday here in the Houston area.  There is a ceili tomorrow at 2:00. 

Banner by Scott
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 02:51PM »

The Scottish bagpipes in a parade seemed to be loud in my past I went in.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: